585,974 active members*
4,339 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Post Disappeared on a Guy Selling a New PCNC 1100

Post Disappeared on a Guy Selling a New PCNC 1100

Just a little while ago there was a guy on here selling a new in the box PCNC 1100. He had the SlantPro but did not need the 1100. Curious, why did his post get removed? Did he violate some rules? I was wanting to make him an offer on the enclosure kit but guess not.

I also wanted to make sure if he did something wrong by posting the info that we know what he did wrong so we do not make the same mistake.

Later,
    Awall
    The Body Armor Dude - Andrew

Re: Post Disappeared on a Guy Selling a New PCNC 1100

I can't remember his name, but I think you're talking about the fella from Minneapolis who is making ink pens. I'm pretty sure he said me might just keep it after all.

Maybe that's what he decided to do and just pulled the post?

Selling items is not allowed in the forums.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Selling items is not allowed in the forums.
    Okay, good to know. I thought that as long as it was user to user it was okay. Only not okay if you are a business trying to peddle your wears.

Kind of hate to see the user to user side not allowed. I've bought several items from other users who had posted up stuff they were looking to sell or trade.

Thanks,
    Awall

There's a classified section that users can use to sell items. They just can't do it in the regular forums.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    There's a classified section that users can use to sell items. They just can't do it in the regular forums.
    Can they at least point to the classified ad from within the forum? Otherwise a Tormach user may miss someone selling a machine or some other Tormach specific equipment. I for one did not go to the classifieds very much because most of it was unrelated to Tormach...

Just think it would be good to clarify. I know I've seen a ton of posts over the past couple of years from users selling equipment that were not pulled down. I guess I'll start following the classifieds as well.

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post
    Can they at least point to the classified ad from within the forum? Otherwise a Tormach user may miss someone selling a machine or some other Tormach specific equipment. I for one did not go to the classifieds very much because most of it was unrelated to Tormach...

Just think it would be good to clarify. I know I've seen a ton of posts over the past couple of years from users selling equipment that were not pulled down. I guess I'll start following the classifieds as well.
    +1 Most users, myself included, do not routinely monitor the classified section so it would be nice to see a sales link in the appropriate forum.

FYI- I believe that the user that you may be referring to was Spiffy Lab out of MN. He talked about returning the machine to Tormach but they wouldn't play. Very interesting to see this post because I have assumed that Tormachs for sale were Kosher to post here because of the high number of posts over the last few years. Don't worry I'm not about to post mine for disposal...to quote Charlton Heston, "FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!" :-).

Quote Originally Posted by pickled View Post
    Very interesting to see this post because I have assumed that Tormachs for sale were Kosher to post here because of the high number of posts over the last few years.
    Yeah, was interesting to me as well. I was going to post up my Emco lathe for sale over in the Emco section since I'd been posting about the system all along. I just always assumed that as long as it was a user to user it was okay.

Can one of the moderators weigh in here and let us know if this is an old rule that is just now being enforced? I know I've seen people in the past come on here and hock stuff as a commercial sale, then got their hands slapped. But even then, I very rarely saw their post removed. At the same time, for at least the past two years there has been "countless" number of users on here selling this and that. Heck, I kind of thought that was a certain part of what makes this community what it is.... Hate to see this change. But, we don't run the site and rules are rules...... however, I think this should be addressed at the admin level on user to user info as it relates to the actual forum something is posted in.