584,861 active members*
5,138 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > Pressure Safety Valve Problem

Angry Pressure Safety Valve Problem

I am a beginner in CNC and trying to teach myself how to set up programs and run a CNC machine. I have worked with little newer CNC machines like shark next wave machines but those don't compare to the CNC my boss got. He got a used SCM Routech Record 130 CNC machine and we are currently in the process of properly hooking it up and getting it to move. The program that came installed on the computer was called Xilog Plus and we have hooked up enough that the program/computer is recognizing the machine but we are getting one error, it is telling me there is a Pressure Safety Valve problem and I have been trying to look up what might be causing this and I have found nothing but because of this error I cant move the machine in anyway. If anyone knows any solutions much would be appreciated. Also if anyone knows any good CNC programs I am up to hear some recommendations because the one that came installed on the computer, Alphacam, has been expired for awhile.

Re: Pressure Safety Valve Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Wimpeykenny View Post
    I am a beginner in CNC and trying to teach myself how to set up programs and run a CNC machine. I have worked with little newer CNC machines like shark next wave machines but those don't compare to the CNC my boss got. He got a used SCM Routech Record 130 CNC machine and we are currently in the process of properly hooking it up and getting it to move. The program that came installed on the computer was called Xilog Plus and we have hooked up enough that the program/computer is recognizing the machine but we are getting one error, it is telling me there is a Pressure Safety Valve problem and I have been trying to look up what might be causing this and I have found nothing but because of this error I cant move the machine in anyway. If anyone knows any solutions much would be appreciated. Also if anyone knows any good CNC programs I am up to hear some recommendations because the one that came installed on the computer, Alphacam, has been expired for awhile.
    Does it have a Tool Changer if so then the spindle will need the air pressure to be correct and the sensor for the spindle tool change checked
    Mactec54

Hey, we had a similar problem a while ago. It was one of the safety switches from the safety pads on the cage had a wire loose. Was just a case of re-soldering. Hope that helps

Some of the SCM error messages seem to be intentionally misleading. For instance, a "pressure" error might mean "emergency button was pressed". Or you might spend half an hour trying to trace an "RS232 error" when the actual interface in question is RS485.

I'm sure some of that can be attributed to bad translation. But sometimes you just think "they must have done it on purpose".