584,842 active members*
4,523 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > problem!! spindle issues and fadal feed over ride dial not working

problem!! spindle issues and fadal feed over ride dial not working

Been having spindle issues last couple weeks. Ended up replacing encoder, prox switch and damaged draw bar. Spindle seems ok, not like it was so not sure if service guy missed something somewhere? If I put screwdriver between holder and spindle I can move the holder a bit, maybe .03"? I don't have drawbar tension gauge and neither did service guy so not sure exactly where we are sitting with that?? Next thing that’s popped up now is that we can’t adjust the feed with the feed override dial?? We did the zero memory reset and pretty sure we have all the settings back to where they should be? Any thought on what we may have missed?

Re: problem!! spindle issues and fadal feed over ride dial not working

The only way i could see that happening is if the spindle does not have the locking drawbar. If its the one piece type the tool is only held in with bellevile spring pressure. Here is the patent of the locking drawbar Fadal https://patents.google.com/patent/US...vid+de+caussin

If your feed is not working it could be that the 3 pin connector is unplugged from the 1020(clock card). you can also test your to see if the pot is working, put a volt meter on the red and black wires on this connector... and then have some one turn the pot you should see the voltage change from 1 to 10 volts. This connector runs directly to the 1090(keyboard) card in the pendant it may be disconnected there also.

Re: problem!! spindle issues and fadal feed over ride dial not working

Been away for a couple of weeks, had service guy in and he looked over wiring and checked/cleaned up behind monitor. Feed dial is working again! Guessing lose/dirty connection somewhere. Will see how the spindle co-operates today...