584,833 active members*
5,749 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

REMOVE Buttons from the toolbars

Hi there,

i know about the possibility of ADDING own buttons to the toolbars. But is there an option the REMOVE some? I only use 2D Mode for my plasma. So all of the views except for the top one are useless for me. Also some of the GCodes on the sidebar.

Do i have to use the same files as in the adding of a button? I use the Linux Version if that matters with the filepaths.

Got suggestions where to start?

Re: REMOVE Buttons from the toolbars

As far as I'm aware there is no way to remove only a few specific default buttons.
    There is a Setting to remove all default buttons and only show those that are configured in the corresponding buttons.txt files.
    So its a "remove everything" and "add what you need" approach.

I hoped for an easier to do solution. I can't even find the buttons.txt-Files under Linux.

that's normal, you need to create them yourself:
    https://planet-cnc.com/adding-user-t...-tng-software/

fi you are interested you can have a look at my configuration, I did the same thing and maybe it gets you started on the most important ones:
    https://github.com/Klaus-Michael/Pla...in/KMS-DIY-CNC

Alright i managed it to create the topbuttons file.
    Code:
    cmd: "Machine.Emergency_Stop" "" image="Icons/IMG_EStop.svg" 
    ---
    cmd: "File.Open_..." "" image="Icons/IMG_FileOpen.svg" imagechange="true" stroke=1.1
    ---
    cmd: "Machine.Start" "" image="Icons/IMG_Start.svg" imagechange="true" stroke=1.1 color=#00aa00 
    cmd: "Machine.Stop" "" image="Icons/IMG_Stop.svg" imagechange="true" stroke=1.1 color=#8888ff 
    cmd: "Machine.Pause" "" image="Icons/IMG_Pause.svg" imagechange="true" stroke=1.1 color=#ffff88 
    ---
    cmd: "View.Top_View" "" image="Icons/IMG_ViewTop.svg" imagechange="true" stroke=1.1
    ---
    cmd: "View.Zoom_In" "" image="Icons/IMG_ZoomIn.svg" imagechange="true" stroke=1.1
    cmd: "View.Zoom_Out" "" image="Icons/IMG_ZoomOut.svg" imagechange="true" stroke=1.1
    cmd: "View.Zoom_Position" "" image="Icons/IMG_ZoomPosition.svg" imagechange="true" stroke=1.1
    cmd: "View.Zoom_Part" "" image="Icons/IMG_ZoomPart.svg" imagechange="true" stroke=1.1
    ---
    cmd: "Machine.Spindle" "" image="Icons/IMG_Spindle.svg" imagechange="true" stroke=1.1
    And the sidebuttons:
    Code:
    cmd: "Machine.Move.To_Zero" "" image="Icons/IMG_GoToZero.svg" imagechange="true" stroke=1.1
    cmd: "Machine.Move.Axis_To_Zero.XY" "" image="Icons/IMG_GoToXY.svg" imagechange="true" stroke=1.1
    ---
    cmd: "Machine.Work_Position.Offset.To_Zero" "" image="Icons/IMG_OffsetZero.svg" imagechange="true" stroke=1.1
    cmd: "Machine.Work_Position.Axis_To_Zero.XY" "" image="Icons/IMG_OffsetXY.svg" imagechange="true" stroke=1.1
    cmd: "Machine.Work_Position.Axis_To_Zero.Z" "" image="Icons/IMG_OffsetZ.svg" imagechange="true" stroke=1.1
    cmd: "Machine.Work_Position.Measure_Height" "" image="Icons/IMG_MeasureOff.svg" imagechange="true" stroke=1.1
    ---
    cmd: "Machine.Home" "" image="Icons/IMG_Home.svg" imagechange="true" stroke=1.1
    I copied it into the profiles directory as BtnTop and BtnRight.txt. But nothing changes in PCNC.

you did restart TNG?
    it need to be in the directory of your currently used profile, not in the base proflie
    on linux, the user that is running TNG needs to be able to read those files

Yes, i restarted it several times. The Files are under Profiles in the PlanetCNC directory. I tried the default, the one where the program itself sits... nothing worked out. Is there another one i haven't thought of?

If you are using the default Profile the *txt files needs to go into the default profile

<YourPlanetCNCInstallDirectory>/Profiles/Default/

I have it here:
    "c:\Program Files\PlanetCNC\Profiles\Default\" win10.....

Now it's in the default directory. As far as i know i use this. Wouldn't even know, where to find another than default. Still doesn't work after restarting TNG.

Do you have all the icons in the correct path in the default profile directory as well?
    because if not it might noch display them due to this. maybe give them just a name and no icon for starters
    for example something like this:

cmd: "Machine.Start" "Start" imagechange="true" stroke=1.1
    cmd: "Machine.Stop" "Stop" imagechange="true" stroke=1.1
    cmd: "Machine.Pause" "Pause" imagechange="true" stroke=1.1

Wow, it worked. I renamed the ICON Folder and there they are, my buttons! Way better now, thanks!