589,272 active members*
5,271 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Saving probing measurements and comparing to current Work Offset(OSP-P300MA)

Saving probing measurements and comparing to current Work Offset(OSP-P300MA)

Hello.

I am new to writing probing sub-programs to get measurements of the part before the machining process and have read the Programming Manual and Gauging Systems manual for the OSP-P300MA but am still confused on how to save the measurement data for calculations.
    I am writing this sub-program for an Okuma M600HII (Horizontal Turbo mill) with the OSP-P300M controls.

My goal is NOT to change the current Work Coordinate ZeroSet for the part but use the current Work Coordinate ZeroSet value and the probe measurement (Y+ surface end) to calculate the distance in between the two.

I got 4 questions:
    - Is this possible?
    - Would either of the codes below work?
    - To do the calculations, would I have to save the probe measurements to the same Work Coordinate Offset, or save to a new one and do the calculations then?
    - Is this measurement, "CALL OO10 PMOD=2", the Y-coordinate where the probe is touching off, if so, what is the reference Zero to the coordinate?

1) "VC1 = CALL OO10 PMOD=2 PEI=0.4 POVT=1"

2) "CALL OO10 PMOD=2 PEI=0.4 POVT=1"
    "VC1 = VZOFY[1]"

Also, I know that we need to send the data from the machine through the RS-232C to the computer with some sort of "PRINT" command, but I was also confused on how to do this exactly.
    Continuing with the code above (I successfully saved a probing measurement into variable VC1), would i just print by:

"PRINT VC1"
    "VPRT=7" //For inches printing to the display and RS232C

I have attached an example code for the OSP-E100 controls and was wondering if it would also work for the P300MA controls.
    He used 'PUT' and 'WRITE C' which I understand but don't know if they would apply to the controls I am using.

Re: Saving probing measurements and comparing to current Work Offset(OSP-P300MA)

Hy, is all fine, will help you tomorow

I am on mobile now, i just replied to comfort you, is all ok and will make things work for you / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post

I am on mobile now, i just replied to comfort you, is all ok and will make things work for you / kindly
    Careful
    Sounds like Dracula is getting ready to ask for a blood sample.

Hey Kitty, keep it simple

Re: Saving probing measurements and comparing to current Work Offset(OSP-P300MA)

Thanks for the reply and sounds good.

I have been reading a lot of y'alls posts on here helping other people out so thank you for reaching out to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post

So, I have done some more research today and found the system variable "VWKA*"
    With my scenario would I use that system variable after I do the 'CALL OO10" to get the measurement (like the code below) to save that measured position?

N10 CALL OO10 PMOD=2 PEI=0.4 POVT=1 //Single Surface measure on Positive Y-axis
    N11 VC1 = VWKAY //Save that work coordinate system position in VC1

okey ...

so will have to grab the probing values, and current wcs from your program, using system variables, etc

must check if probing affecs current wcs, or not ...

will also use PUT and WRITE to debug

such a task, i can help you remotely, is faster

please drop some contact data in private message; i just tried, and i can not send you anything on pm here, or industry arena; if you wish, please drop and email, or telegram, or whatever

if i am to do it alone, is like max 1 hour; with you, and questions, expect 2-3 hours, but will work in the end / kindly

i sent you an e-mail at **rlw****[email protected]