562,565 active members*
2,718 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Servo driven tailstock programming

Servo driven tailstock programming

Hey all I am running a space turn lb4000ex with an osp200l control. I am looking for help on how to program the tailstock to move with no manuals for this machine in the shop.

So what i am looking for is an example on how to move the tailstock from home engage the part to run and then send it home when done.

Re: Servo driven tailstock programming

I found a cool site - https://programminghw.com/javascript-homework/ in which they offer to do your homework in mathematics, physics, history and other subjects, they also do essays and help in programming and creating mobile applications, and you can also put your database together and analyze it. You will really like it, just like I really liked that everything is done quickly and efficiently, and most importantly not expensive, use the guys! And do not forget to like, because I tried to save your time) I'm waiting for you)

hy
    M56 : tailstock moves near part, then clamps
    M55 : tailstock moves away from part

those codes work togheter with positions defined into the tailstock table, that can store up tp 10 different sets; also, if you are intersted, is possible to define those positions by g-code

when you use the tailstock, is needed to define turret index positions, and aproach/depart movements, in such a way, that it won't hit the tailstock

if you wish to setup fast, i can guide you remotely, answer all your questions; you will be up to it in no time / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hy
    M56 : tailstock moves near part, then clamps
    M55 : tailstock moves away from part

those codes work togheter with positions defined into the tailstock table, that can store up tp 10 different sets; also, if you are intersted, is possible to define those positions by g-code

when you use the tailstock, is needed to define turret index positions, and aproach/depart movements, in such a way, that it won't hit the tailstock

if you wish to setup fast, i can guide you remotely, answer all your questions; you will be up to it in no time / kindly
    Wrong Kitty,
    M56 Extends the Tailstock Quill - Not the whole tailstock
    M55 Retracts the Tailstock Quill

In the past, I have used G152 Wxxx to move our tailstock into position, but that tailstock was a drag along, not servo driven.
    Regards
    Brian.

M56 executes between 0:23 and 0:40

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FLCILCse3A

G55 and G56 do not work with this machine because there is not a quill. The whole tailstock moves as a unit. G152 does not work because it is not a tow along. M482 lools like it might be it but i do not know how to use it. Says it moves tailstock to work support postion.

no manuals
    pls find attached / kindly

I have used G152
    hy broby i haven't used it, but from manuals, seems to work as an imaginary w axis, requiring also M188/189, for joint control
    Attached Files Attached Files

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    pls find attached / kindly

hy broby i haven't used it, but from manuals, seems to work as an imaginary w axis, requiring also M188/189, for joint control
    Yep that is true, but on the machines I have used with G152, the M codes are built in to the G152 command.
    The W axis is the setable tailstock position.