584,842 active members*
4,130 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Looking for an isolation transformer for a Haas vf2 .

Looking for an isolation transformer for a Haas vf2 .

We just bought a used machine and it was wired for 480 so we are looking for an isolation transformer out of a VF series or St series lathe . looks like the transformers are all pretty much the same . Haas is giving us the run around on buying one from them . two people told us they could not sell them to us and one said he had to find a price . if you have something let me know . Thanks

Re: Looking for an isolation transformer for a Haas vf2 .

DO NOT DO THIS ! DO NOT DO THIS ! DO NOT DO THIS ! DO NOT DO THIS ! DO NOT DO THIS ! DO NOT DO THIS ! DO NOT DO THIS !

On a '90s vintage VF-2....

You will have to change out the small transformer that runs the power contractor coil (IIRC its a 480 : 24VAC) located next to the main circuit breaker. You will need a 220/208 : 24 V transformer so the power button will energize the contactor.

As to the main transformer:
    I ran my VF-2 for a couple of months (till I got a 208V transformer from a scrapped machine)
    by connecting my 208V supply to the VFD 208V terminals on the transformer (leaving the 480V transformer low voltage terminals connected to get the 120V 3ph for controls and oil pump)

Under the "kids don't try this at home" category.
    (480 V AC will kill you fast and hard !)

Disconnect the 3 phase connections (from the main CB) to the transformer 480V input at the big xfmr going to the voltage selection terminals.
    Move them to the terminal s on the left TB paralleling the 3 wires that go to the VFD/Vector Spindle Drive AC inputs.

But be careful as you will be getting 480V out of the (unused) power in terminals of the transformer! Cover them up.

DO NOT DO THIS ! DO NOT DO THIS ! DO NOT DO THIS ! DO NOT DO THIS ! DO NOT DO THIS ! DO NOT DO THIS ! DO NOT DO THIS !
    my projects:
    http://www.barryfish.com

I just remembered I might have another 208V VF-2 transformer at my shop in Merritt Island FL.
    PM me if you are interested.
    my projects:

Dose anyone have Internal High-Voltage Isolated Transformer for 380v 3ph please thanks

Isolating transformer is simple, just define the input voltage and the output voltage and the power, the supplier will make it for you.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Quote Originally Posted by cncmakers001 View Post
    Isolating transformer is simple, just define the input voltage and the output voltage and the power, the supplier will make it for you.

We just bought a 2012 haas vf2 with power requirements of 208v AC 3ph. We are shipping the machine overseas with the AC 380v 3ph. So we need the internal high voltage Transformer. I can't seem to find it online or even with Haas. Can anyone help me here thank you

Quote Originally Posted by BZCnc View Post
    We just bought a 2012 haas vf2 with power requirements of 208v AC 3ph. We are shipping the machine overseas with the AC 380v 3ph. So we need the internal high voltage Transformer. I can't seem to find it online or even with Haas. Can anyone help me here thank you
    I might have one. Headed to the shop now to look for another xfmr for another guy. PM me if you still need one.
    Barry Ward
    my projects:

I also am going to be purchasing a 2013 VF3 with 480V internal and got the worst runaround from the HFO on getting 240V components in about a week I should have the machine here on site but I am looking to trade out with someone hopefully looking to get their 240V machine up to 480V , if I can't find someone to trade with I would like to outright purchase the transformer from someone if they have it available.

Quote Originally Posted by BZCnc View Post
    Dose anyone have Internal High-Voltage Isolated Transformer for 380v 3ph please thanks
    Hi I’m going to have 2 of them. I have 2 VF2’s a 96 and a 97. I have the isolated high voltage transformers for 480 but need to low voltage one so I can power my machines with 230. Do you have a low voltage one that you’d like to trade?

Sorry to bump an old thread!

I have a 2014 VF4SS that I need to swap from 240V to 480V. Does anyone here want to trade my 240V for their 480V?

Thanks!
    John O