584,805 active members*
4,987 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Where is Pokeys57CNC Pin 55 - and almost there!

I bought PoKeys57CNC for my BOSS3 and Mach3 setup, and the basic configuration below was complete on a backup PC with nothing connected to the board. Motor and limit switches check OK (using o-scope and grounding).

The main questions/problems:
    Where physically are the Pokeys Pins? I have a Hitachi VFD and want spindle control, which I think will require a PWM pin and filter/amp circuit.
    For pendant setup, I am not able to access the Auto button and MPG div fields in the setup dialog (grayed out). When an axis is selected, I cannot zero the DRO when an axis is selected, but sometimes the axis will zero when I switch the pendant axis to Off.

My pendant does not have the "enable" button nor an e-stop, so I had to modify some of the PoPendant downloaded XML settings and this might be causing some of my problems. I changed Reset to Enable Axis (something like that) and the e-stop/limits are inverted and running open circuit.

The pendant is switching the jog mode on/off by using the axis selector, it switches the increment using the increment knob, and it will jog the selected axis with the encoder.

I also have not figured out the "Pendant mode" or the "let pokeys handle MPG jogging" toggles yet - they did not seem to have an affect. I'm also kind of lost in the pulse generator dialog that he presents in his manual, I just cannot find that dialog.

It seems I'm close to getting this all set up and ready to re-wire my CNC, but not close enough.

Thanks for any assistance.

Re: Where is Pokeys57CNC Pin 55 - and almost there!

I did find this

https://blog.poscope.com/pokeys57cnc-pinout-explained/

I'm still not seeing the physical location of Pokey's pins.

Somewhere along the way I got an inkling that one of Pokey's pins is in the Pendant connector.

Also I cannot find the pulse engine dialog that he presents in his manual - this is section 7.4 Pulse engine, and included is the Axis configuration panel. I just cannot find them...?

The pulse engine configuration is found in the pokeys application, You must close mach first, then press windows button go to pokeys folder & open the pokeys application & then connect to your board & then at the top you will see pulse engine settings in one of the menus
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    I did find this

https://blog.poscope.com/pokeys57cnc-pinout-explained/

I'm still not seeing the physical location of Pokey's pins.

Somewhere along the way I got an inkling that one of Pokey's pins is in the Pendant connector.

Also I cannot find the pulse engine dialog that he presents in his manual - this is section 7.4 Pulse engine, and included is the Axis configuration panel. I just cannot find them...?

This advice below is wrong -- for Mach3.

Open Mach3, plugin control, pokeys plugin settings, pick the device, click configure.
    One of the pages is pulse engine settings.

As per the docs above, it refers to the several versions of pokeys hw that were developed.
    I have an original Pokeys usb and,
    also have/use the pokeys enet with cnc addon,

that then later became the current pokeys cnc all-in-one board.

My pokeys Enet57 + cnc add-on drives a full-size scratch-built large VMC.
    About 2400 kg, 1600 mm wide table, 2.2 kW VFD and ISO30 spindle, ATC, 32 mm ballscrews, 35 mm linear guides, Ac brushless servos.

To the OP:
    IF You take it step by step, I can guide You to make it work.

Can you connect to the pokeys from Mach3 ?
    Is the plugin installed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zvonkorp View Post
    The pulse engine configuration is found in the pokeys application,
    You must close mach first, then press windows button go to pokeys folder & open the pokeys application & then connect to your board & then at the top you will see pulse engine settings in one of the menus

You are right I thought he was asking for mach4 - my mistake.

FWIW i did have to run the pokeys app first to set things like max stepper rate & a few other settings first, then went back into mach & then into the plugin configuration.

Sounds like it is different for mach 3. I misread
    Quote Originally Posted by hanermo View Post
    This advice below is wrong -- for Mach3.

Open Mach3, plugin control, pokeys plugin settings, pick the device, click configure.

As per the docs above, it refers to the several versions of pokeys hw that were developed.
    I have an original Pokeys usb and,
    also have/use the pokeys enet with cnc addon,

that then later became the current pokeys cnc all-in-one board.

My pokeys Enet57 + cnc add-on drives a full-size scratch-built large VMC.
    About 2400 kg, 1600 mm wide table, 2.2 kW VFD and ISO30 spindle, ATC, 32 mm ballscrews, 35 mm linear guides, Ac brushless servos.

To the OP:

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zvonkorp View Post
    The pulse engine configuration is found in the pokeys application, You must close mach first, then press windows button go to pokeys folder & open the pokeys application & then connect to your board & then at the top you will see pulse engine settings in one of the menus
    Thanks. This is the dialog that I could not find. Do I use this dialog for settings or the one mentioned below? They both seem have just some of the same settings for limits and MPG...

Quote Originally Posted by hanermo View Post

To the OP:

Thank you. This opens the settings where I mention the "MPG div." "AUTO" button and setting fields just below that button for each axis are grayed out. Just the fields on the far right side.

http://www.5axismaker.com/wp-content...e-select-1.jpg

I cannot find anywhere in the manual that discusses that dialog. I presume the grayed out fields set the MPG step divider for each axis, but I also have multiplier and divider settings for each axis tab in the dialog that Zvonkorp mentioned above.

Regarding not being able to Zero an axis after using the MPG to jog to a location, is it required to disable MPG mode first? (for me that means twisting the axis knob to off, since my pendant does not have a momentary enable button)