584,812 active members*
5,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question spindle alarm AL-11

Looking at a machine to retro. On power up the spindle shows alarm AL-11. Is this to be expected as the control is dead or is it a falt in the drive. I think
    its a A06b-6055 series drive.
    Thanks Drew
    If I had something important to say it would be here.

Hello. The alarm 11 is indicating an overvoltage in the DC link cicuit or the regenerative circuit is faulty. Check the F5 and F6 fuses on the drive to see if they are blown. If they are blown you can try and just replace them and maybe just due to whatever they blew but fuses usually blow for a reason and this alarm usually points to blown transistor modules in the drive. There is a checking procedure from Fanuc for the transistor modules i can send you if you give me an e-mail and if they are bad they are pretty easy to change out yourself and save you some money on a service call. The other simple thing to check first would be the proper incoming power. It could also be the PCB board on the drive unit but most likely you have one or more blown transistor modules. Let us know if we can help more.

I know its been a while , but I could use that procedure. Post and I will send email
    Thanks Drew
    If I had something important to say it would be here.

hi all
    i also getting Spindle alarm 11 in my turning center. but sometime machine run normally . machine will be on alarm any time . within at start or after 5hr or 2 hr or any time.
    please help me in this. mains supply is 375v 380v and 388volts at 3 phase. and at the end of transformer supply is . 188 190 195 volts 50hz.
    m. shabbir
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by CNCZILLA View Post
    Hello. The alarm 11 is indicating an overvoltage in the DC link cicuit or the regenerative circuit is faulty. Check the F5 and F6 fuses on the drive to see if they are blown. If they are blown you can try and just replace them and maybe just due to whatever they blew but fuses usually blow for a reason and this alarm usually points to blown transistor modules in the drive. There is a checking procedure from Fanuc for the transistor modules i can send you if you give me an e-mail and if they are bad they are pretty easy to change out yourself and save you some money on a service call. The other simple thing to check first would be the proper incoming power. It could also be the PCB board on the drive unit but most likely you have one or more blown transistor modules. Let us know if we can help more.

Hi do you mind to share me the information regarding the issue above?
    [email protected]

Re: spindle alarm AL-11

Sir i have the same issue please help me. My e mail is [email protected]

Unhappy Re: spindle alarm AL-11

Buen dia, podria ayudarme con en manual para poder resetear alarma 11 del drive fanuc, mi correo es [email protected]
    Gracias me seria de mucha ayuda.

Re: spindle alarm AL-11

I know its been 12 years since this post, but if you are still out there and still have this info, any chance you could send me a copy? [email protected]
    Cheers
    K