584,833 active members*
5,579 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > OKUMA OSP Floppy Simulator
Page 1 of 4 123

OKUMA OSP Floppy Simulator

I write a program, I hope, that is useful for you.

The program can do
    copying part programs from floppy to computer,
    copying part programs from computer to floppy,
    initialize or backup floppy,
    edit, compare, protect or unprotect, printing or rename part programs,
    and others...

DOWNLOAD

745kB

What OS is it written for? What format floppies does it work with- OSP or PC or both?

What is the advantage of this if the machine can do all of these things without software?

Any screenshots?

More details please...not trying to be harsh here, but for all I know this download will transfer all of my contacts to you and then trash my hard drive...

(flame2)

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    What OS is it written for? What format floppies does it work with- OSP or PC or both?

What is the advantage of this if the machine can do all of these things without software?

Any screenshots?

More details please...not trying to be harsh here, but for all I know this download will transfer all of my contacts to you and then trash my hard drive...

(flame2)
    You can see some screenshots this link
    Resim galerisi :: Kurmay

and this program under running windows XP
    .You can edit osp format floppy.

OKUMA do have an application that simulates the OSP floppy drive for windows. Consists of 2 files, no install, runs from an .EXE

it is called OSPFCv2_2.EXE
    & should be obtained from OKUMA direct or a very reliable source. This will bypass any risk of PC infection like the one in post #1

I'll attach the PDF for its usage ----but the funny bit is- it is Japanese but the pictures will give you an idea what it can do
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    OKUMA do have an application that simulates the OSP floppy drive for windows. Consists of 2 files, no install, runs from an .EXE

it is called OSPFCv2_2.EXE
    & should be obtained from OKUMA direct or a very reliable source. This will bypass any risk of PC infection like the one in post #1

I'll attach the PDF for its usage ----but the funny bit is- it is Japanese but the pictures will give you an idea what it can do
    Yes, but OSPFC is very simple program and it can't do copying files PC to floppy or backup diskette.

Quote Originally Posted by kurmay View Post
    Yes, but OSPFC is very simple program and it can't do copying files PC to floppy or backup diskette.
    Who says it can't ? That is exactly what it was designed to do...

It emulates it as a separate floppy drive on the PC.
    The only thing you cannot do is edit a particular file,

Just checked your offer of the software, it is so.... out of date... version 1.9
    I suppose you are still with Win95

I'll re-state.... get the latest version from OKUMA

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Who says it can't ? That is exactly what it was designed to do...

It emulates it as a separate floppy drive on the PC.
    The only thing you cannot do is edit a particular file,

Just checked your offer of the software, it is so.... out of date... version 1.9
    I suppose you are still with Win95

I'll re-state.... get the latest version from OKUMA
    You are talking without using. You do not have to use my program. Do not make comments, try out the my program.

V1.91 released today.

A bug fixed when too short program files copying computer to floppy.

Download Page

what is it written in? basic/c/etc... should be a fairly simple conversion, do you mind posting the source code for it? I wrote a basic fanuc series 6 pmc-a decompiler to extract ladder mnemonics from raw eprom data (spent weeks on it) and posted the source over in the fanuc section...lots of folks afraid to download any exe files- post source anyone can check out what its doing and recompile it...
    thanks for sharing

The OSPFC comes with all P100 control Okuma's. The utility can be optained from the local Okuma dealers. It is freeware from Okuma.

I wrote it from Delphi and it was not easy to write.

I will have to check this out.

:wave:

I think the point is that you can use this instead of having to ask Okuma for the official program, or in some cases waiting forever and receiving nothing.

I'm curious though, why this is even necessary. I've run an Okuma for several years (OSP7000) and I always use DOS Mode input and output to FD0:
    I can't see any reason to trust my precious programs to a non-standard format that I have no way to access except on an Okuma machine. Using DOS Mode I can create/edit it any time on any computer and load it into the machine easily and I don't need anything special. I can also copy it to USB drives, external HDDs, other floppies or whatever so I have safe copies at multiple locations, all accessible using any common PC.

file name can be 18 characters long on Okuma floppy format. Okuma floppy format is much faster on Okuma OSP :-)
    Can't tell exactly, some OSP files could be recorded only on Okuma format floppy. Maybe IGF, can't tell exactly now

I never use the IGF. I do all of my programming on Fanuc CAPS then manually optimize it to get the best machining times so MS DOS and/or text files are good enough for me

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by fordav11 View Post
    I think the point is that you can use this instead of having to ask Okuma for the official program, or in some cases waiting forever and receiving nothing.

I'm curious though, why this is even necessary. I've run an Okuma for several years (OSP7000) and I always use DOS Mode input and output to FD0:
    I can't see any reason to trust my precious programs to a non-standard format that I have no way to access except on an Okuma machine. Using DOS Mode I can create/edit it any time on any computer and load it into the machine easily and I don't need anything special. I can also copy it to USB drives, external HDDs, other floppies or whatever so I have safe copies at multiple locations, all accessible using any common PC.
    Your missing the obvious - Earlier controls prior to the OSP7000 did not have an MS-DOS option - the only format the floppy worked in was the OSP format.

True you could use the RS-232 at 2400 baud.... and all that good fun.

On the OSP5000 and OSP5020 if you even had a floppy it was OSP only.

Quote Originally Posted by skullworks View Post

On the OSP5000 and OSP5020 if you even had a floppy it was OSP only.
    ....a 5.1/4 drive at that

& if you really were the lucky one....a paper tape reader

ah! ok I did not know about not having DOS mode on the earlier controls. I'm glad I don't have a 5000-series control ;-)
    p.s. good luck trying to recover your valuable programs when your custom-format floppy dies ;-)

V1.92 released

I tried 1.91 a couple of days ago. I formatted a floppy and at the end (100%) it gave an error...
    "There was an error. The program will be shut down"

After that when running the program it gives the same error immediately when loaded and refuses to run until I reboot.

any idea what the problem is?

Page 1 of 4 123