584,817 active members*
4,804 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Pot number in magazine not matching pot number in control

Pot number in magazine not matching pot number in control

Hi Everyone,

I have an issue with the actual pot number not matching the pot number in the control. (Fanuc 16i-MB) I have been working thru the manuals but have not found a clear procedure on how to reset this. The machine has just been moved to our location and we are getting it setup. See attached pictures.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    K

Re: Pot number in magazine not matching pot number in control

And the problem is ?

If you have a tool change arm that holds both incoming & outgoing tools, then your pot & tool numbers are always going to get mixed up.
    It would be nice to get them to align occasionally.

Simplest & error free method is to shuffle tools into their respective pots using MDI.
    Next method is to change numbers in the parameter file...(could renumber wrong tool, chrunch time)

Quote Originally Posted by hoff16115 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have an issue with the actual pot number not matching the pot number in the control. (Fanuc 16i-MB) I have been working thru the manuals but have not found a clear procedure on how to reset this. The machine has just been moved to our location and we are getting it setup. See attached pictures.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    K
    You need to remove the tools, clear all the data and reload the tools again. There may be a PLC data table you can edit, but only if the machine builder wrote the PLC that way. (PMC data).

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    And the problem is ?

If you have a tool change arm that holds both incoming & outgoing tools, then your pot & tool numbers are always going to get mixed up.

Simplest & error free method is to shuffle tools into their respective pots using MDI.
    Next method is to change numbers in the parameter file...(could renumber wrong tool, chrunch time)
    Not all machines have randomised tool pockets, very often they are dedicated.

The problem is that the pot number that the control thinks it is on is not the pot that it is actually on. I understand that the pots are going to get mixed up, it's just nice to see what tool is in what pot on the tool screen.

And the problem is ?

Quote Originally Posted by servtech View Post
    Not all machines have randomised tool pockets, very often they are dedicated.
    You WILL note that I said "IF".

Random pots vs tools is usually found on a machine with a tool change arm.
    Dedicated pots are found on machines with a tool carousel where the spindle places the tool into it's original pocket before picking up the next tool.

Usually, the number of pots is matched to the number of tools, and you may not be able to alter the tool number

Hoff... sounds as if they done maintenance on the magazine, and it needs to have pot #1 reset as origin thru the parameters.

Thanks superman, that's sounds like what happened. Is there a procedure to reset the magazine origin? Maybe need to ask Okuma. I've searched the manuals pretty extensively and haven't found much on this. It is definitely a random pot machine. As it is right now, the pots in the control are not lining up with the actual pot. For example tool 44 is physically placed in pot 11, but the control says T44 is in pot 29.

You WILL note that I said "IF".

Random pots vs tools is usually found on a machine with a tool change arm.
    Dedicated pots are found on machines with a tool carousel where the spindle places the tool into it's original pocket before picking up the next tool.

Usually, the number of pots is matched to the number of tools, and you may not be able to alter the tool number

Hoff... sounds as if they done maintenance on the magazine, and it needs to have pot #1 reset as origin thru the parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by hoff16115 View Post
    Thanks superman, that's sounds like what happened. Is there a procedure to reset the magazine origin? Maybe need to ask Okuma. I've searched the manuals pretty extensively and haven't found much on this. It is definitely a random pot machine. As it is right now, the pots in the control are not lining up with the actual pot. For example tool 44 is physically placed in pot 11, but the control says T44 is in pot 29.
    Okuma ??
    Thought it was a Fanuc control (headscratch)

Re: Pot number in magazine not matching pot number in control

Ussualy it is used the DATA TABLE to store the tool numbers in the pockets
    Look in the PMCPRM window on data table to see the tools are ther eand rearange it manually like 1-1,2-2,etc

Its an okuma with fanuc control. Agree its a little strange.
    I am used to the okuma osp control. This is a little new to me.
    Okuma ??
    Thought it was a Fanuc control (headscratch)