584,857 active members*
4,645 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > New huanyang VFD and spindle error EoAA
Page 1 of 2 12

New huanyang VFD and spindle error EoAA

Greetings brand spanking new here hoping you guys might be able to help me out. I set up a new vfd and spindle using Mactec54's settings below:

Huanyang 110v 2.2Kw vfd huanyang 110v 2.2Kw WC spindle.

After initial setup when I press run the spindle starts automatically and after a few seconds will display AoA then EoAA and stop.

The spindle pin 4 is grounded and continuity tests positive between the pin and the body.

I soldered the cable myself. It is a double shielded 16/4 wire and I have a drain wire connected to the green ground in the 16/4. Continuity was tested end to end.

Checked resistance on the spindle pins. Tested 0, 0, and .2

I'm a bit at a loss and hoping the folks here might be able to point me in the right direction.

My wiring is attached:
    Input power 110v wired to R T and Ground
    Spindle is UVW and has the 16/4 ground and drain wire connected to the same(only?) Ground as the input power.

Huanyang Mactec54
    PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock

PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)

PD002=0

PD003=400

PD004=400

PD005=400

PD007=20

PD008=220

PD009=15

PD010=8

PD011=120 (Minimum Setting 120)

PD13= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings

PD014 Accel=12 ( Adjust to suit)

PD015 Deccl=12 (Adjust to suit) ( PD15 is ignored IF PD26=1 Then the Spindle will Coast to a Stop)

PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage ) (120 for VFD Rated for 120v )

PD142=9 ( Motor Max Amps) (Set for your motor Amp Rating 2.2Kw Spindle 9 amp Max)

(Set for your motor Amp Rating 1.5Kw Spindle 7 amp Max)

PD143=2 ( Motor Number of Poles)

PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) =3,000= (24,000)

PD002=1 ( For Remote Pot use )

PD70=0

PD72=400

PD73=120
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PXL_20220305_073638184.jpg  

Re: New huanyang VFD and spindle error EoAA

Quote Originally Posted by OlmsteadWorkshop View Post
    Greetings brand spanking new here hoping you guys might be able to help me out. I set up a new vfd and spindle using Mactec54's settings below:

Huanyang 110v 2.2Kw vfd huanyang 110v 2.2Kw WC spindle.

After initial setup when I press run the spindle starts automatically and after a few seconds will display AoA then EoAA and stop.

The spindle pin 4 is grounded and continuity tests positive between the pin and the body.

I soldered the cable myself. It is a double shielded 16/4 wire and I have a drain wire connected to the green ground in the 16/4. Continuity was tested end to end.

Checked resistance on the spindle pins. Tested 0, 0, and .2

I'm a bit at a loss and hoping the folks here might be able to point me in the right direction.

My wiring is attached:
    Input power 110v wired to R T and Ground
    Spindle is UVW and has the 16/4 ground and drain wire connected to the same(only?) Ground as the input power.

Huanyang Mactec54
    PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock

PD002=0

PD003=400

PD004=400

PD005=400

PD007=20

PD008=220

PD009=15

PD010=8

PD011=120 (Minimum Setting 120)

PD13= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings

PD014 Accel=12 ( Adjust to suit)

PD015 Deccl=12 (Adjust to suit) ( PD15 is ignored IF PD26=1 Then the Spindle will Coast to a Stop)

PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage ) (120 for VFD Rated for 120v )

PD142=9 ( Motor Max Amps) (Set for your motor Amp Rating 2.2Kw Spindle 9 amp Max)

(Set for your motor Amp Rating 1.5Kw Spindle 7 amp Max)

PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) =3,000= (24,000)

PD002=1 ( For Remote Pot use )

PD70=0

PD72=400

PD73=120
    The settings you are using is for a 220v spindle motor change this for a start, 2.2Kw spindles do not work well on 120v NA supply do you have a 30A supply

PD008=110
    PD141=110

EOAA is overload have exceeded 150% this could be the lack of enough input power / amps
    Mactec54

I should have said also you can't use a drain wire or shield connected to Ground directly, this will and can cause problems, a Shield Drain wire should never be use for termination of a shield.
    Mactec54

Thanks Mactec54. I should note I do have those two values set to 110 not 220 for my supply. I'm a bit limited on power due to it being residential, but I will remove the drain wire that is connected to the ground a report back.

Thanks Mactec54. I should note I do have those two values set to 110 not 220 for my supply. I'm a bit limited on power due to it being residential, but I will remove the drain wire that is connected to the ground a report back.
    20A will get it running 30A will be best, make sure you are using a switch to turn it on/off the supply power, if you just plug it in to an outlet you can damage the input to the VFD Drive

Try this set of Parameters

Huanyang Mactec54
    2.2Kw 110v 400Hz Water Cooled / Air Cooled

PD000=0 ( 1 For Parameter Lock )

PD002=0 ( 1 For 0-10v Terminal Control or Remote Trim Pot Control )
    ( J1 Also Needs to be set for Remote Terminal Control 1-2 jumper connection )

PD003=400

PD004=400

PD005=400

PD006=5

PD007=20

PD008=110 (Motor Rated Voltage )

PD009=15

PD010=15

PD011=120 ( 100 Minimum Setting For Water Cooled Spindle )

PD013= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings

PD014 Acceleration=8 ( Adjust to suit)

PD015 Deceleration=8 (Adjust to suit)

PD023=0 ( Forward Run Only )

PD041=8 ( Carrier Frequency up to 10 Max for these Spindle motors)

PD120=100 ( Stall Prevention )

PD141=110 ( Motor Rated Voltage )

PD142=9 ( Motor Max Amps 2.2Kw Spindle 9 amp )

PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) 3,000= (24,000)

PD070=0 ( This may need to be set to 1 if Control Voltage is 0-5v )

PD072=400

PD073=120 ( 100 Minimum Setting Water Cooled Spindles )

PD174=11 ( To Be Set to the VFD Drives Max Rated Output Amps )
    Mactec54

Also set PD142=7 (this may help if the Power supply current is not enough)
    Mactec54

Thanks for all your help Mactec54. After tweaking the settings a bit and removing the grounded drain wire I'm nearly there. I can tell it wants to go. It spins about twice as long and begins ramping up before it stops and errors again. At this point it really seems power supply related. I did test on a 20amp. I've got a fuse panel with lots of space down in the barn so I'm going to try and get a 30amp circuit setting up for testing.

I can't speak to your device, but my VFD would throw an errors when my control signal was not what it should be (long story, won't go into it). I would either get an overcurrent constant speed or an overcurrent acceleration fault if the control signal was jumped at the terminals in a way that the VFD did not like. Granted, I have a different series VFD from Huanyang, but something to keep in mind.

I would try to shut everything down, power back up, and the fault would still be there every time I would attempt to run up.

I found that the VFD was retaining memory of this and not clearing it when I powered down.

I also found that by powering down and letting the VFD sit in an unpowered state for about 10 minutes, the faults would clear and I would not have any issues running the spindle. I have repeated this procedure and it works. I am not sure if this would work on your HY series VFD, but powering down and letting it sit for about 10 minutes doesn't cost anything and is something you could try if the faults keep showing up.

Thanks for all your help Mactec54. After tweaking the settings a bit and removing the grounded drain wire I'm nearly there. I can tell it wants to go. It spins about twice as long and begins ramping up before it stops and errors again. At this point it really seems power supply related. I did test on a 20amp. I've got a fuse panel with lots of space down in the barn so I'm going to try and get a 30amp circuit setting up for testing.
    Ok increase PD014 and PD015 you can use any number try starting PD014=15

Only increase PD015 if it faults on slow down

Turn the Pot down to half you can check to see if this is working by disconnecting the spindle motor, and power up the VFD Drive and use the pot to run it up down the speed range if the pot is not working, I will help you with some parameters to get this working
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by Padawon01 View Post
    I can't speak to your device, but my VFD would throw an errors when my control signal was not what it should be (long story, won't go into it). I would either get an overcurrent constant speed or an overcurrent acceleration fault if the control signal was jumped at the terminals in a way that the VFD did not like. Granted, I have a different series VFD from Huanyang, but something to keep in mind.

I would try to shut everything down, power back up, and the fault would still be there every time I would attempt to run up.

I found that the VFD was retaining memory of this and not clearing it when I powered down.

I also found that by powering down and letting the VFD sit in an unpowered state for about 10 minutes, the faults would clear and I would not have any issues running the spindle. I have repeated this procedure and it works. I am not sure if this would work on your HY series VFD, but powering down and letting it sit for about 10 minutes doesn't cost anything and is something you could try if the faults keep showing up.
    Sounds like you have messed up your wiring connections
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Sounds like you have messed up your wiring connections
    There is literally nothing to mess up.

Ground
    R
    S

U
    V
    W

Motion control ground to terminal ground
    Motion control 0-10V to AI2 terminal
    S1-COM terminals jumped

I'm not going to add any more comments about my VFD issues here. Just sharing a free troubleshooting step with the OP. My intent is not to muck up his thread.

There is literally nothing to mess up.

Ground
    R
    S

U
    V
    W

Motion control ground to terminal ground
    Motion control 0-10V to AI2 terminal
    S1-COM terminals jumped

I'm not going to add any more comments about my VFD issues here. Just sharing a free troubleshooting step with the OP. My intent is not to muck up his thread.
    Your main Power Connections should be R and T plus Ground for single phase use, Not R and S for this VFD Drive, so this needs to be corrected

What you messed up was the logic low voltage, when you did the relay connection.
    Mactec54

Your main Power Connections should be R and T plus Ground for single phase use, Not R and S for this VFD Drive, so this needs to be corrected

What you messed up was the logic low voltage, when you did the relay connection.
    I was about to question the R & T vs the R & S for a 3-wire 240v hook up.

The first VFD that I had (same model) would not respond to R & T. I contacted the manufacturer via skype and was told to use R & S - which worked perfectly fine.

The VFD that I am using now - I never hooked up to R & T since the manufacturer said to use R & S, but after trying it, it works. So R & T it is.

Nevertheless, I have about had it with this GT-series VFD and will be trying an HY in its place.

Ok increase PD014 and PD015 you can use any number try starting PD014=15

Only increase PD015 if it faults on slow down

Turn the Pot down to half you can check to see if this is working by disconnecting the spindle motor, and power up the VFD Drive and use the pot to run it up down the speed range if the pot is not working, I will help you with some parameters to get this working
    Still testing on a 20amp.

When using the pot without the spindle connected ROTT will go from 7200-15952(flashing back and forth with 15969)

With the spindle connected and the pot turned all the way down and PD014=15 it will spin up to ROTT 300 then shut off.

[QUOTE=Padawon01;2500265]I was about to question the R & T vs the R & S for a 3-wire 240v hook up.

The first VFD that I had (same model) would not respond to R & T. I contacted the manufacturer via skype and was told to use R & S - which worked perfectly fine.

The VFD that I am using now - I never hooked up to R & T since the manufacturer said to use R & S, but after trying it, it works. So R & T it is.
    That is total Bs the manufacture knows better than that. if this is the case, they have not indicated that they have changed the input which is possible, this would keep it the same as most other VFD Drive manufacturers, but I doubt that this has happened as I have the schematics for this drive and there is no change

Nevertheless, I have about had it with this GT-series VFD and will be trying an HY in its place.
    The GT is a much better VFD then the regular HY VFD Drive, the GT being a little more complicated to setup but quite straight forward if you can understand how they have done the manual
    Mactec54

Still testing on a 20amp.

When using the pot without the spindle connected ROTT will go from 7200-15952(flashing back and forth with 15969)

With the spindle connected and the pot turned all the way down and PD014=15 it will spin up to ROTT 300 then shut off.
    Does it give you a Fault when it shuts down??

Ok the Pot needs some different Parameters set, this should give you the whole RPM range, try it again with the motor disconnected

Mactec54
    Pot Control
    PD001=0

PD002=1

PD070=1

JI Jumper 2-3 / VR Position

I will give you some other parameters to try

Can you do some close up photos of the wiring ???
    Mactec54

Change these Parameters
    PD006-2.5
    PD007=.5
    PD009=15
    PD010=8

Need to see a photo of all the wiring connections
    Mactec54

Does it give you a Fault when it shuts down??

Ok the Pot needs some different Parameters set, this should give you the whole RPM range, try it again with the motor disconnected

Mactec54
    Pot Control
    PD001=0

PD002=1

PD070=1

JI Jumper 2-3 / VR Position

I will give you some other parameters to try

Can you do some close up photos of the wiring ???
    Changed the above parameters and the below posts. I now get up to 23000 ROTT without the spindle connected. I'm not sure what the JI jumper is I may need to check the manual on that one.

Same issue. Right around 300ROTT the spindle errors with EoAA

Wiring is attached

Live=R Neutral=T Ground=Ground. Pin1=V Pin2=W Pin3=I Ground=same ground as power in
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 16475721797705167834058500778892.jpg  

Changed the above parameters and the below posts. I now get up to 23000 ROTT without the spindle connected. I'm not sure what the JI jumper is I may need to check the manual on that one.

Same issue. Right around 300ROTT the spindle errors with EoAA

Wiring is attached

Live=R Neutral=T Ground=Ground. Pin1=V Pin2=W Pin3=I Ground=same ground as power in
    The J1 jumper is beside the logic terminal block to the right, some times this is already in the right position but you can try it in both positions to see which works the best.

Pin numbers should be.

Pin 1=U
    Pin 2=V
    Pin 3=W
    Pin 4=Ground
    So, this needs to be corrected
    Mactec54

I hope this was a typo Pin3=I not sure what you were meaning by this connection

Pin1=V Pin2=W Pin3=I Ground=same ground as power in

This is why Photos are important, when trying to see where there are problems
    Mactec54

Page 1 of 2 12