584,863 active members*
4,866 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Acramatic 850sx SIBA 1 Error 00268

Acramatic 850sx SIBA 1 Error 00268

Hello,
    I have recently purchased a used Cincinnati Milacron 20vc - 2000, it was a fire sale and i knew i would have some issues to deal with. Im not proficient in working on control issues with these machines but i always take a stab at it before i call in a tech to work on it. I powered up the machine , host control initializes just fine. When i press the master start key the hydraulics fire up for a second and then i get an alarm. SIBA 1 error alarm # 00268. I have scoured the manuals and wiring schematics for hours and i cannot find a single piece of information about the alarm or the module itself. I see a NIBA module next to the I/O modules on the rack but again for some reason its not in the manuals or the schematics. Has anybody had this error before or is anyone able to shed some light on what SIBA or NIBA means and what it does. Any information would be greatly appreciated .
    Thanks,
    Trevor.

Re: Acramatic 850sx SIBA 1 Error 00268

The 850SX MIA Rack would have a SIBA (Serial Interface Bus Adapter) or NIBA board right next to the power supply but not both.

On the 850SX, Alert Code 00268 indicates -
    No I/O Racks connected
    Cause: No SIBAs are connected via HSSL to the PCA in its set time
    Correction: Check High speed serial link connections, Replace SIBA(s)

What you are seeing could be as simple as an HSSL cable that has come loose - is the serial link cable plugged into your NIBA Board and your PCA?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickPimp View Post
    Hello,
    I have recently purchased a used Cincinnati Milacron 20vc - 2000, it was a fire sale and i knew i would have some issues to deal with. Im not proficient in working on control issues with these machines but i always take a stab at it before i call in a tech to work on it. I powered up the machine , host control initializes just fine. When i press the master start key the hydraulics fire up for a second and then i get an alarm. SIBA 1 error alarm # 00268. I have scoured the manuals and wiring schematics for hours and i cannot find a single piece of information about the alarm or the module itself. I see a NIBA module next to the I/O modules on the rack but again for some reason its not in the manuals or the schematics. Has anybody had this error before or is anyone able to shed some light on what SIBA or NIBA means and what it does. Any information would be greatly appreciated .
    Thanks,
    Trevor.
    Hi were you able to solve the problem, i have the same type of alarm on my saber 1000 1995 , regards

Check your power supply. Make sure you're getting power to all the boards

Quote Originally Posted by Rotech View Post
    Check your power supply. Make sure you're getting power to all the boards
    hello, as seen in the images, 2 of the cards in the I/O do not turn on. I will check the power supply. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Davemartinez View Post
    hello, as seen in the images, 2 of the cards in the I/O do not turn on. I will check the power supply. Thank you!
    The cards you mention not "turning on" are output cards. If the control is not loading properly i wouldn’t expect the outputs to turn on (i.e. would you want the hydraulics to turn on if it is not safe to do so?).
    If you have the same alarm as the OP, it is based on communication failure with the SIBA board, you should start with identifying why they are not communicating.

Thanks maver1ck , i Will check tomorrow morning .

????