584,817 active members*
4,760 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

SZGH GH-1000MC beginners help?

Hello,
    I´m trying to figure out the basic stuff for this controller and the manual is not helping.
    I seem to be stuck in the machine coordinates and the absolute coordinates are the same, how do I make it move in the relative coordinates or zero for example g54 without setting the offset in the parameters?
    Can I also set X to 50 for example?

Re: SZGH GH-1000MC beginners help?

You can switch coord systems a couple of ways - use the MDI and simply type in G54, G55...etc. then hit enter, note that the display will change from G53 to G54 accordingly, or use F8 (Choose Coordinate) and choose G54 through G59 there. If the display is still showing G53 as active, then you are sill in machine coordinates. The display will show G54 when you are properly in the work coordinate system.

To zero your work coordinates, you must first choose a work coordinate system (use either of the previously described methods, MDI or F8), then choose F7 (Set Coordinates), choose the axis of choice (XYZAB, etc), and enter zero then enter. You can enter any value you choose for your work coord as long as its within the axis' travel limits. If not, the control will give a soft-limit error.

To home an axis, press reference, then the axis of choice (XYZAB) or 0 for all axes. This assumes that you have properly setup your axis homing parameters.

FYI, I am about 18 months into an SZGH 5-Axis 1000MDC retrofit coming from Mach 3. I absolutely love the control, it simply works every time. It has never crashed in 18 months or had any issues not caused by me. Also, Mike Bond Huang at SZGH is a God send for support. Reach him at [email protected]. He has helped me tremendously. I took a leap of faith buying the SZGH as there was not much internet support or info available. I'm glad I did. I have a good grasp of it now, and will help you as I can. You may also search "Newker" control for support online. SZGH is simply a private label brand of Newker controls.

Also, please keep posting here, rather than DM'ing so that future users can access the thread details. Happy to help as needed, and good luck on your control. You won't be disappointed once you have it tuned. Mine still makes me smile every time I rigid tap (not easy to do in Mach 3).

Thanks for you answers
    I read in the manual about pressing F8 and F7 but I dont have any on my controller, see picture.
    But I found the Coord button under settings and pressing Coord one more time I found the zero xyz buttons.

Do you know how to home an axis one more time? when I rehome an axis it just go to zero, only the first time it searches for the home switch.

Yes I have Mike on wechat and I would not have got anywhere without his help but he also answers with very few words and sometimes not very fast so it can take days to get to a solution.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1000mc.jpg  

Can you use the Right Arrow key to toggle to F6, F7, and F8? You must spend some time exploring your control to familiarize with it. If not, everything will be more difficult for you. I spent 2 evenings playing in the control menus and simply learning before I begun the wiring process.

For fastest response from Mike Bond, ensure that you send your questions before 8am China time. I always get same day or overnight (I am in the US) responses. Yes, his responses can be short, and you have to sometimes explain your problem in different words due to language barrier, but he has helped me succeed with the control.

Regarding your homing issue - please check your homing parameters, specifically your "Mode of Homing", there are 4 choices. Also check that your home switch is working properly via your I/O screen. Always check your hardware connection via I/O screen first. Is home switch parameter for NC or NO correct? Is "Type of Home" parameter set to Float or Switch? Post a pic of your homing parameters for me to review.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeybee View Post
    Hello,
    I´m trying to figure out the basic stuff for this controller and the manual is not helping.
    I seem to be stuck in the machine coordinates and the absolute coordinates are the same, how do I make it move in the relative coordinates or zero for example g54 without setting the offset in the parameters?
    Can I also set X to 50 for example?
    Once you have homed the machine, use MDI mode you can then G1X50F20.this will move the X axis 50mm as a feed move, G0X50 will move the X-axes 50mm at max rapid
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Once you have homed the machine, use MDI mode you can then G1X50F20.this will move the X axis 50mm as a feed move, G0X50 will move the X-axes 50mm at max rapid
    I meant set it to 50, not move it to 50, if I would compare with Mach3 I could jog to a position then klick on the X coordinates and write 50 and the X would be in relative position 50.

B015.0 to 0 solved the home again problem (remember zero point)

For the set X to 50 thing I know I can go into settings att set the g54 offset manually to 192.65 from the g53 zero or something to get the right offset but it would be more convinient to just tell it where it is now.

B015.0 to 0 solved the home again problem (remember zero point)

For the set X to 50 thing I know I can go into settings att set the g54 offset manually to 192.65 from the g53 zero or something to get the right offset but it would be more convinient to just tell it where it is now.
    When using a G54 this is where you set your work offset X and Y Axis 0.0 Point, so the control then knows where to start machining your work piece
    Mactec54

When using a G54 this is where you set your work offset X and Y Axis 0.0 Point, so the control then knows where to start machining your work piece
    Yes of course, but the question is if its possible to set it to something else than zero.
    Normally for low precision work I just move the endmill to the edge of the workpice and then set X for example to 6 if the enmill is 12mm, or if need to find the center of a cylinder that I know is 100mm then I can find the edge and set X to 56mm, much more convinient than set it to zero and then jog 56mm and zero again to get the zero in the center of the piece.

Yes of course, but the question is if its possible to set it to something else than zero.
    Normally for low precision work I just move the endmill to the edge of the workpice and then set X for example to 6 if the enmill is 12mm, or if need to find the center of a cylinder that I know is 100mm then I can find the edge and set X to 56mm, much more convinient than set it to zero and then jog 56mm and zero again to get the zero in the center of the piece.
    In the G54 settings it won't be (0)

Once you home your machine that is you machine 0.0 position anywhere you move from the Home position to start cutting is your work offset 0.0 position G54 is the measurement from the home position to the work 0.0 position the snip below is how it works
    Mactec54

In the G54 settings it won't be (0)

Once you home your machine that is you machine 0.0 position anywhere you move from the Home position to start cutting is your work offset 0.0 position G54 is the measurement from the home position to the work 0.0 position the snip below is how it works
    Yes I know that, that is not the questions, the question is if there is a convinient way to set the relative coordinates as I described "Normally for low precision work I just move the endmill to the edge of the workpice and then set X for example to 6 if the enmill is 12mm, or if need to find the center of a cylinder that I know is 100mm then I can find the edge and set X to 56mm, much more convinient than set it to zero and then jog 56mm and zero again to get the zero in the center of the piece."

I have the 990 controller from SZGH.
    On this system there is a button called "Setup".
    After pressing it there comes the question to chose for which axis (X, Y, Z, A).
    After confirming the right axis I can pre-set the desired values.

I have the SZGH controller now running for about one year and I absolutely love it.
    The installation manual should be rewritten by someone who can do a better translation from Chinese to English because this one is hardly readable.
    Mike is was great help for me.

Regards,

Piet

Yes I know that, that is not the questions, the question is if there is a convinient way to set the relative coordinates as I described "Normally for low precision work I just move the endmill to the edge of the workpice and then set X for example to 6 if the enmill is 12mm, or if need to find the center of a cylinder that I know is 100mm then I can find the edge and set X to 56mm, much more convinient than set it to zero and then jog 56mm and zero again to get the zero in the center of the piece."
    What you are asking is a normal setup, it's just the same no matter what way you do it, you are just setting a position number for X and Y from Home position plus the cutter comp using G54

Mach3 that you used to use you can Zero out and have the (0.0) point anywhere you want then you can do what you are wanting to do, in a real control like you have you most likely can't (0.0) the control out as it will be going off the machine Home position, so after you have Homed the machine, you then move to your part where you want to start cutting look at the G54 Number and Add half the cutter diameter to that number this will then be your start position

You also have an axis setup Button on your control you can use this just follow the instructions
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by ukkie12342000 View Post
    I have the 990 controller from SZGH.
    On this system there is a button called "Setup".
    After pressing it there comes the question to chose for which axis (X, Y, Z, A).
    After confirming the right axis I can pre-set the desired values.

I have the SZGH controller now running for about one year and I absolutely love it.
    The installation manual should be rewritten by someone who can do a better translation from Chinese to English because this one is hardly readable.
    Mike is was great help for me.

Regards,

Piet
    Can you set it like I described? or do you mean you can set g54 for example to an offset realtive the home switch?
    This setup button, is it a physical button you have? cant seem to find anything like it on mine.

Maybe you can refer to this 980MDc CNC user manual, they are similar.
    https://www.paycnc.com/info/gsk980md...ual_i2485.html

Quote Originally Posted by cncmakers001 View Post
    Maybe you can refer to this 980MDc CNC user manual, they are similar.
    https://www.paycnc.com/info/gsk980md...ual_i2485.html
    From page 77 onwards to page 83 you can find an explanation about machine an work coordinates.

On my system the setup button is a physical one.
    When your system is properly configured then you must have a relation between the position of the home switches and the G53 machine coordinates.
    All other work coordinates (G54-G59) are always relative to the G53 coordinates.
    With the setup button I can set these offsets manual for each axis.
    There are other ways for setting these offsets by using G50 in the MDI (see the explanation about the coordinate system in your original manual for that).

Quote Originally Posted by ukkie12342000 View Post
    From page 77 onwards to page 83 you can find an explanation about machine an work coordinates.

On my system the setup button is a physical one.
    When your system is properly configured then you must have a relation between the position of the home switches and the G53 machine coordinates.
    All other work coordinates (G54-G59) are always relative to the G53 coordinates.
    With the setup button I can set these offsets manual for each axis.
    There are other ways for setting these offsets by using G50 in the MDI (see the explanation about the coordinate system in your original manual for that).
    Thank you but its not how the coordinate system work that I need explained its how to set it conveniently, in my opinion its not a convenient way to use a calculator to calculate how much I need to add from the machine coordinates to the g54 offset, I mean if mach3/4 uccnc and every other cheap program I have tried can do that calculation autmatically then how could not a more industrial controller not do it?

mactec54: In mach3 and other similar programs it work the same way, you have your g53 coordinates and you have you g54 coordinates, but if I write 99 in the X coordinate field it automatically calculate the needed offset from the macine coordinates for me to be att X99 in g54.

I found this button now under Settings / coord / right arrow and it does approximately what I want, if I zero the axis first then I can add or decrease the amount I want with the INC INPUT button.

do you mean you can set g54 for example to an offset realtive the home switch?
    This is what I have been telling you to do, and this is the only way it can work when using machine coordinates
    Mactec54

I found this button now under Settings / coord / right arrow and it does approximately what I want, if I zero the axis first then I can add or decrease the amount I want with the INC INPUT button.
    No, a G53X----Y----- is similar to using a G28 this is a rapid move to a Position it is not related in any way to a G54 to G59 work Offset
    Mactec54

Page 1 of 2 12