585,662 active members*
3,328 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

spindle choice

Hi , good Morning

I would like to solicit your help, for a Spindle choice .

I have read miles of forums, and finally i'm lost

i'm locking for a chinese water spindle 2.2kw (i work essentially wood)

my cnc:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2yq7i67two...6_Pro.jpg?dl=0

the following models caught my attention:

Jianken
    https://www.jian-ken.com/high-speed-...-24000rpm.html

G-penny
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...443901804%21sh

Rattm mottor
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3280...479846433%21sh

I read a lot of good feedback for Jianken, but I'm a little scared of the weight 8.5gk (another spindle are more close 5-6 kg)

and finally ,
    the VFD, did you sugest a model, or i can try a kit ? (i have 380 and 220 on my workplace)

Many thanks for your help

best regards
    Iwan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WIN_20220603_17_12_36_Pro.jpg  

Re: spindle choice

Hi,
    if the machine can't handle an 8.5kg spindle then what possible chance does it have of containing the cutting forces in a controlled manner?

Many people use cheap Chinese VFDs, and in many cases they perform well, although they are more inclined to fail than higher quality units.
    I personally favor Delta, a Taiwanese brand, made in China. Good quality, documentation, performance and support at fair prices....but they cost quite a bit more
    than the cheap stuff. Hitachi has good reputation without being overpriced. If you can afford Yaskawa get one, they are good.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    if the machine can't handle an 8.5kg spindle then what possible chance does it have of containing the cutting forces in a controlled manner?

Many people use cheap Chinese VFDs, and in many cases they perform well, although they are more inclined to fail than higher quality units.
    I personally favor Delta, a Taiwanese brand, made in China. Good quality, documentation, performance and support at fair prices....but they cost quite a bit more
    than the cheap stuff. Hitachi has good reputation without being overpriced. If you can afford Yaskawa get one, they are good.

Craig
    thanks for reply,

the machine is stong, my fear is inertia.
    will do a simulation with a weight...

best regards
    Iwan

Hi,
    my new build mill has a cast iron axis bed that weighs 115kg. With the extra components like the servo, ballscrew and the vice the axis weighs 150kg. You'd swear
    the inertia would be dominated by the mass of the axis wouldn't you? The calculation shows otherwise.

I use a 32mm diameter 5mm pitch ballscrew 700mm long, a 750W Delta B2 series servo and the inertia calculation shows that the rotating components totally dominate the
    inertia, with the ballscrew at 80%, the servo armature at 12.5% and the 150 kg axis only at 7.5%. The rotating components are 92.5% of the total inertia.

May I suggest you give me the diameter, length and pitch of the ballscrew, the first moment of inertia of the stepper and I will calculate the inertia. The inertia is proportional
    to the fourth power of ballscrew diameter and the second power of the pitch. Depending on what choices you have made you may well find that the rotational inertia
    will dominate, and the mass of the spindle be a small percentage of the total.

Jianken have a good reputation, but that reputation is not cheap. I suspect that when you price the Jianken spindle it may well be quite a bit more than the others you mention.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    my new build mill has a cast iron axis bed that weighs 115kg. With the extra components like the servo, ballscrew and the vice the axis weighs 150kg. You'd swear
    the inertia would be dominated by the mass of the axis wouldn't you? The calculation shows otherwise.

I use a 32mm diameter 5mm pitch ballscrew 700mm long, a 750W Delta B2 series servo and the inertia calculation shows that the rotating components totally dominate the
    inertia, with the ballscrew at 80%, the servo armature at 12.5% and the 150 kg axis only at 7.5%. The rotating components are 92.5% of the total inertia.

May I suggest you give me the diameter, length and pitch of the ballscrew, the first moment of inertia of the stepper and I will calculate the inertia. The inertia is proportional
    to the fourth power of ballscrew diameter and the second power of the pitch. Depending on what choices you have made you may well find that the rotational inertia
    will dominate, and the mass of the spindle be a small percentage of the total.

Jianken have a good reputation, but that reputation is not cheap. I suspect that when you price the Jianken spindle it may well be quite a bit more than the others you mention.

Craig
    You are confused again the Jianken spindle that has a few good reports is for the ATC spindle, there regular spindle is not as good as the G-Penny spindle which has more torque, and you can choose ceramic Bearings as standard
    Mactec54

Hi , Craig

thanks for your help,
    i have fixed a weight on my Z axe, and make différent test in real situation ....
    conclusion my cnc support well 8.5 kg

you don't need to calculate

Iwan

Sugguest you choose some HQD,Changsheng etc China 2.2kw water cooling spindle 24000rpm ER20 ,VFD choose China Brand Fuling etc , both of them cheap and work stable .
    Voltage ,suggest 220v1 phase ,
    How about contact with me +8618560201508 on whatsapp or email [email protected] ,then send more details picture and manual to you .
    Some end user buy all cnc spare parts except frame to setup cnc by them self .

Quote Originally Posted by allencncrouter View Post
    Sugguest you choose some HQD,Changsheng etc China 2.2kw water cooling spindle 24000rpm ER20 ,VFD choose China Brand Fuling etc , both of them cheap and work stable .
    Voltage ,suggest 220v1 phase ,
    How about contact with me +8618560201508 on whatsapp or email [email protected] ,then send more details picture and manual to you .
    Some end user buy all cnc spare parts except frame to setup cnc by them self .
    That VFD Drive you are offering is a Poor choice, that spindle is not that great also, there have been a lot of failures with that spindle brand
    Mactec54