585,556 active members*
3,333 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Lost dimension

Hello

I have a China cnc machine. Servo motors 850w syntec system. I noticed that over a long distance, a 0.5mm cut loses 2000mm and cuts in 1999. 5

Re: Lost dimension

Check your steps per unit it might need to be tested with a long linear scale

Also check for backlash, you have good servos with 850w and a good control most likely minor adjustment to steps per unit

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    Check your steps per unit it might need to be tested with a long linear scale

Also check for backlash, you have good servos with 850w and a good control most likely minor adjustment to steps per unit
    Manually with a long ruler I drove a difference of 0.5mm how do I adjust the value can you tell?

Quote Originally Posted by Topgirda View Post
    Manually with a long ruler I drove a difference of 0.5mm how do I adjust the value can you tell?
    I do not have a CNC unit with the Syntec controller, but it my guess is this works like most other controller. Look in your Syntec manual how to adjust steps/unit. This will almost always be a parameter. They set it by default on most systems you buy. You look at the existing number for example 41.456, then you tell it to move the length you want to test. Say 500mm or whatever works on your machine. You do this using a precision ruler so you can determine exactly how far the system actually moved. Then adjust the steps/unit number just slightly up or down and run the test again. You will get it to go the exact distance when you have the adjustment correct.

Russ

Most time ,it should be motor pulse setup value in system .

I searched for information but nowhere to find a way to change the value

From you description, you may try to adjust the Backlash Compensation value, not sure about Syntec system.
    What we use is GSK system, we can change Parameter No. 034 value to fix that.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Quote Originally Posted by cncmakers001 View Post
    From you description, you may try to adjust the Backlash Compensation value, not sure about Syntec system.
    What we use is GSK system, we can change Parameter No. 034 value to fix that.
    Yes any parameter is a syntec system?? ????

Not sure about Syntec system, sorry.
    You might check the user manual from Syntec.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html