584,841 active members*
4,329 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Leadshine > when turn on the vfd spindle , all axis moving hardly

when turn on the vfd spindle , all axis moving hardly

hi team : sorry for my poor English writing ( i am Arabic) it its the first time i post here ...so i searched many times on google but i did not found my problem. i built my cnc machine finally , so every things adjusted and work fine and smooth . my problem : when i turn on the spindle all axis moving without stop , when i turn off the spindle every thing work good ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- the inverter is LS taype my spindle is 4 wires ( u-v-w-gnd) the gnd not connected . stepper motor type sanyo 24 volt my driver is tb6560 new version (NOT old one that need some modification to work probably ) the gnd of the pc is not connect directly to the power supply gnd of the driver....as i think it is isolated . i connect the body of my cnc and the stepper motors body to the dc gnd . but i still have same problem.

Re: when turn on the vfd spindle , all axis moving hardly

Quote Originally Posted by abdusalam View Post
    hi team : sorry for my poor English writing ( i am Arabic) it its the first time i post here ...so i searched many times on google but i did not found my problem. i built my cnc machine finally , so every things adjusted and work fine and smooth . my problem : when i turn on the spindle all axis moving without stop , when i turn off the spindle every thing work good ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- the inverter is LS taype my spindle is 4 wires ( u-v-w-gnd) the gnd not connected . stepper motor type sanyo 24 volt my driver is tb6560 new version (NOT old one that need some modification to work probably ) the gnd of the pc is not connect directly to the power supply gnd of the driver....as i think it is isolated . i connect the body of my cnc and the stepper motors body to the dc gnd . but i still have same problem.

Hi abdusalam,

Maybe you problem just cause by interference, solve this, solve the problem.
    Hope this can help you! Tks.

what do you mean by interference ??
    could you explain more !
    ANYWAY i did some test and the problem gone
    i connect the body of cnc and all stepper motors to the pc ground DIRECTLY ...the problem solved
    but the ground of my driver tb5065 are isolated of pc by opt.
    should i connect the gnd of pc to the driver directly ?

update
    the main problem was in the body of the spindle
    when i take the spindle out of the cnc body then every thing work great
    now ....
    the fourth wire(gnd) of the spindle are not connect to the body of the spindle ? any comment here ?
    my spindle are GDZ-80-1.5...SO WHY the fourth wire are not connect to the body of spindle ?
    so what should i do with this problem ?

Add a wire to complete the ground connection to the spindle body. This is a common problem that can be fixed easily.

Ben

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

witch ground do you mean ? ac or dc ?
    because i connect the body to the earth of ac but no thing changed .
    ....when i isolate the body of spindle then every thing work good
    should i isolate the spindle from the cnc body ?
    i am really very very sad

Add an earth ground from the VFD to the spindle body. You are getting EMI interference, make sure you are using a braided shield spindle cable, search ebay and you will find cables designed for spindles. They make these to avoid issues like you are seeing. The shield needs to be tied to Ground at the VFD side and must be attached to the spindle body.

Russ

thanks every one here for helping.....
    ok
    i have question at this point :
    now i have braided shield cable and it have 4 wires inside + braided shield...that is mean i have 5 connection for spindle as : the first for (u) line ...the second for (v) line ....the third for
    (w ) line...the fourth for ground (from the body of spindle to the earth) .....now the shield line : how i connect the shield line ?...it has to pint.....one from the inverter side and the other at the spindle side...ok....the shield will connected to the earth from the inverter side ....but what about other side of the shield ??? connect to the bodt of the spindle ? or leave it open ?

abdusalam,
    No you will need to connect the shield to a bolt that attaches the spindle to the axis, or pinch it between the spindle body and the clamp that attaches secures the spindle.
    Russ

pleas be patient with me
    sorry i more confused about this point !!
    if i connect the shield as you say ((connect the shield to a bolt that attaches the spindle to the axis, or pinch it between the spindle body and the clamp that attaches secures the spindle)) that is mean i have 2 wire that connect to the earth (one is the ground of spindle and the other is the shield !!) so the body is already connected to the body of the cnc ...so
    why i connect the shield too to the z axis ( i have already connected to the earth) ?
    and what about ground the cable at one end ?? to avoid ground loop !!
    again : pleas be patient with me
    other explain :
    if i connect the the body of spindle to the earth and the side of shield to the body spindle and other side of shield to the earth too ....i think that is the ground loop problem.
    my idea is : the spindle's body to the earth ...the shield connect to earth and other side of shield not connected to spindle i mean leave it without connect ...
    please correct my idea !!
    as in the video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep0jAeq1kzM

YES, that is correct. Normally you would not do this for the shield on a servo motor, limit switches, sensors, etc. In those cases you only ground the end near the breakout board. For a spindle YES, there are two grounds. The main power ground that normally attaches to the spindle in the connector on the top of the spindle. The shield since it is on the outside also ties to ground and the spindle body, this is the standard if you check out spindle sites. There will be no ground loop in this situation, but I understand your concern as this comes up frequently when discussing spindle connections.

Russ

Anyone needs IKO, NSK, THK, TBI, CPC, PMI, CSK, STAF, ABBA, HIWIN, SCHNEEBERGER linear guides ball screws supplier/exporter
    Here I am.
    And I can help send goods to your office via DHL/TNT/UPS/FedEx, etc.

Regards,
    Andy Lee

thanks very much CNCMAN172
    now i understood .
    :idea:

I have a weird problem. I build my own CNC. Using 2.2kw water cooled spindle. Everything is grounded. All run well. But when I run my spindle all my axis stops and mach3 status shows device is not ready. I am puzzle what's happening. Anyone can help