584,805 active members*
5,350 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang VFD + Spindle 2.2kw + NVUM + Mach3 settings

Post Huanyang VFD + Spindle 2.2kw + NVUM + Mach3 settings

I tried plenty of setting combinations but unfortunately didn't succeed to control the spindle speed through mach3 and NVUM, so really need help with this.

Best I got is turning the spindle on/off, and that's all. After starting the spindle, RPM is increasing up to maximal 24000 without any control.

For VFD setting, I followed mactec54 instruction, given at first picture (this setting also matching with few other guidelines I found on the internet).
    All wiring, as well as mach3 settings, are provided on supplied photos.
    Don't have a clue what I am missing here. Frustrating that I watched a few videos and followed every step, but all that setting working only for them correctly, but for me not.
    Also, I spent some time digging over here on the forum but didn't find anything. What is the wrong over here?

Re: Huanyang VFD + Spindle 2.2kw + NVUM + Mach3 settings

Solved, thank you, great forum, even better community

Quote Originally Posted by markokaz View Post
    Solved, thank you, great forum, even better community
    What was your fix this could help other users of the same setup
    Mactec54

It was wiring, nvum is really complicated board and it keeps surprising me every day, negatively. I will post in a few days my new wiring and setup, as soon as I resolve the problem with signal debouncing. Probably changing wire will fix that, because when I start code or even go manually, signal leakage happens. Have tried with general options and rising level of debounce setting up to 3000, but that not solved.

Without spindle turned on, motors work perfectly, run gcode, rectangular flattening 2 mm depth. As soon as I enter spindle in the game, motors start to losing steps, when tried to run same gcode it eventually stop at some point... For now, I no have an idea of what could be a problem..

Without spindle turned on, motors work perfectly, run gcode, rectangular flattening 2 mm depth. As soon as I enter spindle in the game, motors start to losing steps, when tried to run same gcode it eventually stop at some point... For now, I no have an idea of what could be a problem..
    Sounds like you need to add a EMI Power Filter and fix the Spindle Cable Ground and Shield Grounds

Here is a Power Filter you should have close to the input Power to the VFD Drive TDK Lambda RSEN-2030L

Have you checked the Ground wire connection at the Spindle Plug most of the 4th pins are not connected and need to be corrected
    Mactec54

Yes, of course, there is plenty of interference and noises, so the power filter will be added in a computer shell in which all electronics will be assembled in the next few days. This is my first time to have such contact with electronics and electricity generally so all this wiring is really new to me. Regardless, I will learn what I need, but already understand how some things work. However, I have a dilemma about packing all electronics with different voltage together in a box or it will be better to separate VFD from power? The spindle will be grounded also, but now everything works perfectly when I figure out that all this mess was made by this piece of cr*p showed on the picture. In the testing phase, plug all your electronics directly to the socket and save your time and nerves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 84655740_682054938997373_6462498438293487616_n.jpg  

No it is connected close to the VFD Drive Mains Power in that is the supply to the VFD so you supply the Filter the Main Power supply and then directly to the VFD Drive from the filter, correct you should only be using ( 1 ) Main Power supply source for your machine

You can add filters to your low voltage Power supplies also, but the main one is the VFD Drives input Power supply
    Mactec54

Hi, thank you guys for sharing your info, it has helped a TON!
    Building the same new setup --- (Huanyang VFD + Spindle 2.2kw + NVUM V2 + Mach3 + Dell Win7 laptop + Bulkman 3D)
    Have all motors working, also ran first test ROADRUNNER.DXF with a sharpie and works well. However cannot get the spindle to operate through Mach3.
    runs fine manually through VFD though. Found info somewhere about possibly firewall settings could cause but cannot find again.
    (think was somewhere around the 200th youtube I've watched, lost track) ha. Any help much appreciated. thanks again.

ibnjent

Quote Originally Posted by ibnjent View Post
    Hi, thank you guys for sharing your info, it has helped a TON!
    Building the same new setup --- (Huanyang VFD + Spindle 2.2kw + NVUM V2 + Mach3 + Dell Win7 laptop + Bulkman 3D)
    Have all motors working, also ran first test ROADRUNNER.DXF with a sharpie and works well. However cannot get the spindle to operate through Mach3.
    runs fine manually through VFD though. Found info somewhere about possibly firewall settings could cause but cannot find again.
    (think was somewhere around the 200th youtube I've watched, lost track) ha. Any help much appreciated. thanks again.
    It would have nothing to do with any firewall settings if the other axis are working

It will be wiring of VFD drive, control settings
    Mactec54

Okay, Thank you. Mactec54, Will go through again. I'm a newb, There has been tons of great info on CNCzone but I've changed through different settings so many times following the different posts that i'm not sure anymore what settings have helped or hurt with my layout. Is there any known info that might get me back to the basic settings for my layout? (OpenSource + Huanyang VFD + Spindle 2.2kw + NVUM V2 + Mach3 + Dell Win7 laptop + Bulkman 3D)

much appreciated, thanks again
    ibnjent

Quote Originally Posted by ibnjent View Post
    Okay, Thank you. Mactec54, Will go through again. I'm a newb, There has been tons of great info on CNCzone but I've changed through different settings so many times following the different posts that i'm not sure anymore what settings have helped or hurt with my layout. Is there any known info that might get me back to the basic settings for my layout? (OpenSource + Huanyang VFD + Spindle 2.2kw + NVUM V2 + Mach3 + Dell Win7 laptop + Bulkman 3D)

much appreciated, thanks again
    ibnjent
    One thing I see you have on the VFD Drive is the DCM and the ACM connected to the same port on your NVUM now I don't think that is a good idea unless both on the VFD are connected on the VFD Drive so you will have to check this on the VFD Drive to see if they are connected if not this would be one of your problems, so with your meter with the power off the VFD Drive see if DCM and ACM are connected remove the wirers from DCM and ACM to check

You can also check the output from the NVUM to see what you have if this part is not working then you have some setting to change in Ports and Pins

In the NVUM they also have the Mach3 Spindle PWM Base Freq @ 2000 you have 20

Also have you selected as per there setup the Spindle ( Please select “use spindle motor output” )
    Mactec54

Lightbulb Re: Huanyang VFD + Spindle 2.2kw + NVUM + Mach3 settings

For all those who have the same conf (novosun controllers, nvum and nvem) here are the wiring of a spindle and mach3/VFD settings that work for me. Chears.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mach3 settings 2.jpg   Mach3 settings 1.jpg  

For all those who have the same conf (novosun controllers, nvum and nvem) here are the wiring of a spindle and mach3/VFD settings that work for me. Chears.
    You need to show the NVUM and VFD wiring this would help any other users, what Terminal Number connects to which VFD drive Terminals
    Mactec54

This settings and wiring are entirely the same and work for both nvum and nvem.

This settings and wiring are entirely the same and work for both nvum and nvem.
    Are yes that is correct, I can see the connections you have done but others would not be able to by looking at these photos the Photos would have to be a close up showing the terminal connections, or just make a list of the connections
    Mactec54

Hello al.
    I have the same problem as the author. I post a photo what's wrong with it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NVEM v2 wiring.jpg   VFD GT wiring.jpg  

it turned out that these settings and connections are correct. you can check

for whats it worth... Here is my problem and solution
    i got the same problem, everything wired correct, best i could get was to start the spindle from mach3, and then it ran at a constant speed...

looked at every youtube clip, read all posts i could find, but without any luck...

i then decided to factory reset the VFD, but out of pure luck i twisted the potentiometer on the VFD while still activated/started from mach3. and then to my surprise the RPM changed! so i reda up on the VFD settings and found out that i also got an 1-2 | 2-3 bridge where 1-2 enabled told the VFD to use onboard potentiometer and 2-3 to use "remote". so with all settings left in both mach3 and the VFD, just by changing this bridge switch i solved it!

// Bleb