584,808 active members*
5,189 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Fanuc 10T problems with jogging

I recently bought a lathe(mondialle gallic 420(also known as mondiale n.v 81), with lost parameter which I managed to recover from som paper punch tapes,
    However now I have another problem the limit switches does not work and I can only jog my machine in one direction, the stored position is -650mm for X and -335 for Y.
    The zero search function does not function as it seems to be inhibited by something, the same with jogging the axes with the hand wheels.
    On the main screen I get JOG STOP, and I have no idea where to go from here(the switches are set up as the original builder set them up so the parameters should be correct).
    anyone has a idea what might be the issue, I am aware that my keep relays, counters, timers and things are not correct at all, however there dosent seem to be any of them relating to how the limit switches are handled.

can it be that my stored position is wrong, that keeps me from jogging the machine around?, and using the zero search button?, or does anyone have a better idea what might be the issue?

the PMC controls almost everything. if all of the PMC parameters are missing you must fix that first.

Jog issues on fanuc 10t

The issue is still there, I've read through the ladder, and there dosent seem to be any keep relays or anything governing the limit switch direction, just a bunch of timers and a few counters related to the tool changing and way lubrication.

and I'm unable to figure out how to reset my position to see if that is the problem that keeps me from using the zero search button.

the machine has a decel switch and home switch, and incremental encoders.

The axis dont know where they are
    Turn the machine off and at power up press . and - it will bring you to a boot up screen
    One of the option should be to check limit switches at power on -type in the number and exit and power up
    If you do not have the optional parameters installed ie-9000 you would also do them here with the paperwork usally found in the electrical cabinet if they still are there

I have the original paper with the 9000 parameters and i recovered the original parameters from a paper tape.

On a newer control you P cancel the machine at power up and it looks for the switches
    On the older one you need to power up to the boot screen and reset the limit switches
    If you dont do this the machine thanks its already home and you will over travel in both directions until eventually you will get stuck at the hard overtravel switch

I found the problem with the jogging not working, it was a interlock switch in the electrical cabinet, using my restored parameters my z axis works however my x fails out with a LSI OVERFLOW error I'm when I try to move the machine at rapid to home it. is there a way to diagnose what might be the error?, i.e. is it a hardware issue is it the lsi chip or something for that axis, the f-error is considerably larger for y however i can't catch to see if it goes too high in the diag page. for now I'd be happy if I could limit the speed of the x axis and get the machine running decently so i can make some chips. also the axis measures correctly when I have a indicator on it.
    any clues as to what it might be?

does it work if you set the rapid switch to 25% or 1%?
    there are several LSI alarms. what's the alarm number?

in any case its a servo alarm so probably a servo parameter is wrong.
    did you re-load the servo parameters?

Update, I got the machine running by setting the rapid for the X axis lower to about 2m/min instead of the default 4.

Now I have another problem, I am trying to run a program I wrote, however the machnie indefenitely stops at each line and the single block button gets lit after every line i run requiring me to press reset and then the start button on the machine to get it to run the next line.
    probably operator error, I have very basic manuals detailing operation but, it seems like it's not supposed to stop dead after executing a line.

single block is a mechanical toggle switch. In normal auto operation it should be off. it can't be turned on by the machine. it is a manual switch.
    regardless the machine should not stop after each line if single block is off.
    is this the same machine where you have not fully loaded the PMC and other parameters?
    if yes you really can't expect it to work properly until all the parameters are put back in.

Quote Originally Posted by fordav11 View Post
    single block is a mechanical toggle switch. In normal auto operation it should be off. it can't be turned on by the machine. it is a manual switch.
    regardless the machine should not stop after each line if single block is off.
    is this the same machine where you have not fully loaded the PMC and other parameters?
    if yes you really can't expect it to work properly until all the parameters are put back in.
    I agree with regards to the machine not working correctly until all parameters have been loaded, however, its often the case that a control will adopt a Single Block condition if certain switch conditions aren't met. One often encountered situation that causes this is low lube oil, or a failed switch that monitors that condition. Its often the case that no error message is raised by the PLC for this condition. Having to press Reset though is a bit unusual.

The OP could identify the reason fro the Single Block condition by consulting the PLC ladder, if he's able to understand the logic, or have someone who can do so.

Regards,

Bill

There's another condition where the machine could be in Single Block and there would not be an active G-bit to command Single. Check for the presence of an Operators Panel on the SETTING page. If you find this optional page, you may have to Page Down several times to see all the possibilities. I had a similar problem with 10T where we were always stuck in Dry Run and the Dry Run G-bit was not active. Go to the page shown in the attached and make sure that you aren't set for Single Block = ON.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The problem is solved, I got ahold of the proper parameters it looks like the lubrication didn't get enough pressure because of some timer. works in full auto and everything as it's supposed only getting fapt up and running properly left. Thanks for all the help!

Re: Fanuc 10T problems with jogging

i have the same problem, i have not got the electrical drawings. can you please advise where the interlock switch is in the cabinet