584,800 active members*
4,658 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anyone here using Lightburn?

Just curious if anyone here is using Lightburn as a laser controller? It works with lasers that use most Ruida controllers as well as several of the DIY laser setups.

I'm looking forward to checking out their camera add-on.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    Just curious if anyone here is using Lightburn
    Use it and love it. They now have a great forum.
    https://forum.lightburnsoftware.com/latest

Re: Anyone here using Lightburn?

I was one of the early beta testers. I use it on my k40 that has been upgraded to a cohesion3d controller. There is no laser software currently that works as well as Lightburn for ease of use and features for a Ruida or Gcode machine. There is a 30 day trial test to see if it works for your machine.

What took much frustration with Laserweb or original m2nano software is now really easy.

I like it much better than RDWorks on my Ruida-based laser. I only brought the company as there has been so little discussion of it here on CNC-Zone and that seemed a little odd.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    I like it much better than RDWorks on my Ruida-based laser. I only brought the company as there has been so little discussion of it here on CNC-Zone and that seemed a little odd.
    Were you able to test it with a camera?

Quote Originally Posted by Storen View Post
    Were you able to test it with a camera?
    Not yet - my laser is in the poorly heated garage and its been too cold to use it for the past few weeks. The YouTube videos, like the one below make it look pretty attractive, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONnmCaoUkLQ&t=105s

there's a Facebook group: LightBurn Software Support
    with many laser users discussing it there.
    www.thunderlaser.com

Amy - is ThunderLaser supporting LightBurn now?

I’m evaluating it on lightobject AWC708. Going well so far. Great graphics. Was able to connect via WIFI. Controls seem well laid out. Only issue so far is that I can’t read machine settings so it doesn’t completely replace what I was using. Tried to process a photo and didn’t go well. I’m sure it’s a matter of playing with settings. Would like to she lets emphasis on creating vector shapes where I have so many other options and more features on processing photos for engraving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might find you can read settings if you hook up via Ethernet.

What I love about it is the vector trace - drop a bitmap on, trace, hide the bitmap and you have a cutting path. Previously it would take me ages in Illustrator to achieve what LightBurn does in seconds.

you have to adjust the image outside the program. I'm used GIMP. but this package is doing pretty well at dithering the image for engraving. far better then what I could do in my other program. this is a trial sample of bidirectional scanning.

.Attachment 412602

Michael, Super new to the laser cutting/engraving world, but I can confirm lightburn recognized my Thunderlaser Nova 35 via the USB/Printer cable (Type A Male to B Male). Installed the software yesterday and successfully printed last night

anyone here using the DIY SmartDesk Kit from Autonomous? #diystandingdeskwithAutonomous

Hi:

This is Marco, founder/CEO of LightObject. I'm working closely with Jason, the designer of Lightburn to make sure that the Lightburn will work well on our laser controller: R5(R6442), R6(R6445G), X7 (708C) , X7s(708S), E5(phase out). Currently, I'm providing info of the T9 controller to Lightburn to let him do some evaluation and anticipating to make T9 compatible. If you anyone need machine with Lightburn, give us a call. We do license for Lightburn as well.
    FYI, we are lowering price on all our controller below $300. Most cards are selling for $285 or below. And, we are going to launch a new 708s for just $185! It is ideal for smaller machine like the K40, PR530 or 640.

LightObject + LightBurn = 'Last Long' LoL

Should you have any question, feel free to contact us. Me and my techs will always have a solution for your need!

Regards,
    Marco
    LightObject.com