584,879 active members*
5,087 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Help Needed - Chinese 6040 USB Engraver Will Not Move Stepper Motors

Help Needed - Chinese 6040 USB Engraver Will Not Move Stepper Motors

I've got a new Chinese USB 6040 engraver, 1500 watt, 110 volt with a Nowforever VFD that I need assistance with. The seller states it will work with Mach3 as-is, but the stepper motors have never moved. We've checked for wiring issues, shorts, fuses, etc. and all is good. Mach3 functions fine if installed with the parallel port driver, even though it is not needed, but it will not work without it (we have tried uninstalls/reinstalls both directly from Mach3 and from the website the seller referred us to). The computer to controller connection is USB only - no parallel ports. The seller did not provide manuals, software, etc. They have referred us to China Desktop CNC, Hobby CNC, Mini CNC Router Machine Manufacturer/Factory/Supplier--ChinaCNCzone for the manuals and "their" USB controller software. We installed their USB controller software but they won't provide the required license so we aren't going down that path. We've set up Mach3 per the chinacnczone manuals, a Mach3 CNC training tutorial 1-5 I found on youtube and the ABC's of Y00CNC 6040Z Setup, all without success. We have been unable to find any instructions for the USB only setup or trouble-shooting - everything appears to be for USB to parallel port connections. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this thing to work?

Re: Help Needed - Chinese 6040 USB Engraver Will Not Move Stepper Motors

Thank you for the link. We tried this and it is not the correct plugin for our machine but...the correct usb plugin was found on leafboy77.com) and we did that setup without removing anything from when we tried the USB 6040 CNC Router setup. The connection was detected and it worked. Then we selected a G Code and got the 8877 error. We uninstalled everything and resintalled only with the leafboy plug in and continued to receive the 8877 error. We uninstalled again and reinstalled and tried exactly the same setup as before and no longer have an 8877 error. Instead there is now an "external movement not connected" error.

The computer we are trying to run this on is a Dell Optiplex 745 with 32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate.

Did you figure anything out with this? Because i'm thinking of purchasing the 6040 2200w 4 axis. Before I pull the trigger I would like a review of this.

Hi

I have a 6040z with a USB interface and a Optiplex 780 with Windows 7 - I have a software that works right out of the box if you like- my problem was the spindle not working - DO NOT use a computer with a ton of stuff on it- I suggest a clean install - win 7 32/64 will work fine - it is the background processes that messed up my USB communication- my VFD inverter is a D100 newforever -

Contact me if you would like to see if we can get your machine working

Regards,
    Charlie

Charlie, I am have not purchased a 6040 CNC yet. I'm looking to purchase, and I wanted recommendations on which 6040 with 4th axis I should get. Unless your selling yours?

Cant rev me motors either from chinatown calculations, been in and out around and over and over, next move is to drain hard drive, I am a Computer Systems Administrator, Satellite Server, dont believe it if ya dont want to, but I can make a computer swing and sing, going Home CNC right now, im ready to throw the chow mein board under my 4x4 s wheels and do a Chewie

I have the same problem as duane63. Why don't people answer these questions? Why are there no files that detail, step by step, how to setup Mach3 to run these machines via USB?

Do I have to gut the controller and start from scratch to get a working machine?

Quote Originally Posted by gensmoke View Post
    I have the same problem as duane63. Why don't people answer these questions? Why are there no files that detail, step by step, how to setup Mach3 to run these machines via USB?

[Good questions. Here's another: Why do people keep buying machines that don't work from companies that don't support them?]

Do I have to gut the controller and start from scratch to get a working machine?
    [That's the approach that many people here have ended up taking, and it's worked for them when they chose quality components that come with support from their manufacturers. See this thread, for example: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/chines...27902-cnc.html ]
    Andrew Werby
    Website

I was under the impression Mach3 does not work with USB at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Gojira View Post
    I was under the impression Mach3 does not work with USB at all?
    I was thinking of using a USB (or ethernet) smoothstepper to feed a Gecko G540.

The question remains though, a lot of people have those machines and apparently they work well and a lot of people are happy with them, so why is is so difficult to find step by step setup information for total newbies?

Hi, there is a very good guide for newbies for setup and is step by step, also we learned on a harder way, but i hope it will help to someone new.

Our USB 6040z is working excellent without any problems on Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit on notebook - it is really plug and play

Also we have some similiar books, so if somebody need - write us.

Best regards.
    KH-5030 and a lot of good will

Quote Originally Posted by LaserIdea View Post
    - it is really plug and play
    Not when the installation CD is not included in the package. It appears those units require a specific installation program and/or version of Mach3.

It is false advertising to claim "plug and play" when nearly every post on sites like this is from someone asking for help because it is more a case of pay no play.

If you are a supplier how about providing a link to the software that makes it plug and play? Too much to ask?

The machine that arrived to us was without this and we needed about one hour to figure out what is causing this problem, and is quite simple at the end - delete xml file and create new.
    Also, we are workshop, not the seller, and Yes, these people from Alibaba and Aliexpress are sending machines to all of us without lot of things - but it is like that - that is why we must share all info beetwen us, right?
    So, our experience was catastrophic with the seller ( we still have opened dispute against them)...

If some of administrators here agree - we can send manuals and settings and instructions for more CNC machines from china here so people can find it quickly and not waste the time, also, we think that will be very good for people because we all now how it is when business wait for machine that is not moving.

Best regards.

Almost to forget, if somebody need, we can put action for Photoshop to convert photo to money look picture for laser or mill engraving - that was also helpful for us...
    KH-5030 and a lot of good will

My machine was very much plug and play. It was a 6040T USB, They had a link on their ebay ad for the cncusb software which I had installed on my windows 10 laptop before it arrived... Once the machine came I had to bolt on the Stepper motors then plug the control box in. The machine came with a CD containing a .xml file for CNCUSB which I imported into the software and everything worked straight away... I carved a few mickey mouse's using the sample file and was spot on.

Problem was I had spent a resonable amount of time learning how to use mach3 and since there was alot of support for it and felt comfortable with the software it was what I wanted to use... My laptop didnt have a parralel port so I bought an older desktop PC setup, I downloaded the official trial of mach3 and installed, found setup info from the net and mach3 also worked, altho If I tried to rapid at much over 2000mm/min the steppers would stall.

I had actually bought the machine knowing the oem electronics are not the best so I ordered a Gecko G540 and 48V power supply which im just about finished setting up.

Maybe I was one of the lucky ones, all my ball screws seem straight with no tight sections, the deck surface is nice and level... I do need to tram and square up the spindle as when I faced my spoil board there was ridges but this is just part of setting up a mill/router

hi friend...i am newbie in this forum. i hv bought 6040z usb yoocnc, after i follow all installation guide from the seller the machine still can't moving, moving just on laptop. could you help me how to setup ? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gojira View Post
    My machine was very much plug and play. It was a 6040T USB, They had a link on their ebay ad for the cncusb software which I had installed on my windows 10 laptop before it arrived... Once the machine came I had to bolt on the Stepper motors then plug the control box in. The machine came with a CD containing a .xml file for CNCUSB which I imported into the software and everything worked straight away... I carved a few mickey mouse's using the sample file and was spot on.

Problem was I had spent a resonable amount of time learning how to use mach3 and since there was alot of support for it and felt comfortable with the software it was what I wanted to use... My laptop didnt have a parralel port so I bought an older desktop PC setup, I downloaded the official trial of mach3 and installed, found setup info from the net and mach3 also worked, altho If I tried to rapid at much over 2000mm/min the steppers would stall.

I had actually bought the machine knowing the oem electronics are not the best so I ordered a Gecko G540 and 48V power supply which im just about finished setting up.

Maybe I was one of the lucky ones, all my ball screws seem straight with no tight sections, the deck surface is nice and level... I do need to tram and square up the spindle as when I faced my spoil board there was ridges but this is just part of setting up a mill/router
    Hi there. Hey I was wondering if you could share that file. I think I am missing a file and it may work on mine 6040z SXCNC controller box.