584,800 active members*
4,822 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > SprutCam XML Variable Definition

SprutCam XML Variable Definition

Does anyone know where to find a list of the XML file variable definitions and a list of valid entries for each variable? I figured out how to modify the XML files to change program defaults per Eric's Tormach tutorial video, and I wanted to do it for many other settings not covered in the tutorials, but the problem is I can't find the correct XML file and variable for many of the defaults I want to change and in some cases I can't figure out what to change the variables to because in some cases the nomenclature used in the XML file doesn't match the labels shown on the GUI. A list directly from Sprut would be great!

Thanks and best regards
    -Brian

Re: SprutCam XML Variable Definition

Quote Originally Posted by mecheng10 View Post
    Does anyone know where to find a list of the XML file variable definitions and a list of valid entries for each variable? I figured out how to modify the XML files to change program defaults per Eric's Tormach tutorial video, and I wanted to do it for many other settings not covered in the tutorials, but the problem is I can't find the correct XML file and variable for many of the defaults I want to change and in some cases I can't figure out what to change the variables to because in some cases the nomenclature used in the XML file doesn't match the labels shown on the GUI. A list directly from Sprut would be great!

Thanks and best regards
    -Brian
    I know this is an old thread, but I couldn't find any other reference to this through Google, and could not find the answers directly in the SprutCam documentation, so I hope this helps anybody else in future searching for the same thing. I figured out where to find 'the list' of the variables that can be used in the machine schema XML files.

Look in the "C:\Program Files\Sprut Technology\SprutCAM 10\Supplement\Machines" folder and find the "AbstractMachine.xml" file, this is generally where your machine inherits all of its defaults, and what's in your machine xml file are just overrides for these.

Just search through the AbstractMachine file for what you see in the GUI - it will be a "Caption", then use the SCType ID shown next to it in your custom XML file, all the options are there too.

eg. Section from AbstractMachine

<SCType ID="CirclesDivision" Caption="Circles division" Type="Enumerated"
    DefaultValue="DoNotBreak" Parent="ArcsPlaceHolder" Visible="[UseArc]">
    <SCType ID="DoNotBreak" Caption="Do not break" Type="none"/>
    <SCType ID="Quadrants" Caption="Into quadrants" Type="none"/>
    <SCType ID="Halves" Caption="Into halves" Type="none"/>
    </SCType>

then what goes into your XML file:

<ControlData>

<CirclesDivision DefaultValue="Quadrants"/>

</ControlData>