584,808 active members*
5,189 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Data needed - old 1325 Chinese laser cutting machine

Recently bought a used 2010 vintage Chinese 1325 laser cutting machine. It was sold on the basis that the laser needed work, but on taking delivery I've found that it is also missing the controller. I need to know what controller this machine used originally. Hanging out the back is a cable with a 68-pin D-connector of the type typically used for external SCSI drives. This comprises two rows of 34 pins. I'd guess that it connected to a PCI/DSP card inside a dedicated PC.

The machine itself has no brand identification, except for the company that used to own it, Fritz Industries. They have morphed into another company since, and no-one remembers where it was bought except that it was acquired on a trip to China about 10 years ago. I have the packing list from when the machine was built. It is identified as SGE7100502 but there doesn't seem to be a company called SGE in China. It was signed off by Hong Qiang Su but again this clue led nowhere.

If anyone has seen one of these and knows who built it, please let me know. Bonus points if you can name the controller and software used. Thanks!

I'm hosting these photos on Google Drive because uploading is broken here.

Laser from original ad on Gumtree Australia

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pg5...ew?usp=sharing

Laser after arrival in my shed

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1li_...ew?usp=sharing

68-pin connector (fuzzy photo, sorry)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13P6...ew?usp=sharing

New Reci tube

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OCp...ew?usp=sharing

Re: Data needed - old 1325 Chinese laser cutting machine

I think the chance that someone is going to see this post and recognize that machine is low.
    In the mean time I’d consider replacing/upgrading components. New DSP controllers aren’t that costly and you may need to replace other key components.
    Like power supply, laser power supply, tube, motor drives depending on how unique they were in 2010.
    How? You can test drive axis steppers with power and a signal into the drives. You can fire the tube with power and signals. You need to have a chiller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've modified one 6090, 16 years ols laser by placing STM32 based microcontroller running ported GRBL firmware with sucess at friends machine.
    Will try one of these days to attach the pinout of the 68-pin connector.
    Could not use Arduino with GRBL firmware as it was too slow, 30+ kHz pulse rate was not enough for 1000 mm/s speed on X axis.

So, in a day or two ...

Or you could buy a new controller - RUIDA and do rewiring of that old lady
    Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean448 View Post
    I think the chance that someone is going to see this post and recognize that machine is low.
    In the mean time I’d consider replacing/upgrading components. New DSP controllers aren’t that costly and you may need to replace other key components.
    Like power supply, laser power supply, tube, motor drives depending on how unique they were in 2010.
    How? You can test drive axis steppers with power and a signal into the drives. You can fire the tube with power and signals. You need to have a chiller.
    Yes, I always knew it would be a longshot. I already have a new tube for it and don't expect anything else to need replacement, except the external optics which look to be the originals.

It came with a chiller, so that's not going to slow me down.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ZASto View Post
    I've modified one 6090, 16 years ols laser by placing STM32 based microcontroller running ported GRBL firmware with sucess at friends machine.
    Will try one of these days to attach the pinout of the 68-pin connector.
    Could not use Arduino with GRBL firmware as it was too slow, 30+ kHz pulse rate was not enough for 1000 mm/s speed on X axis.

So, in a day or two ...

Or you could buy a new controller - RUIDA and do rewiring of that old lady
    I look forward to the connector wiring diagram, that would save me a fair bit of work tracing it out. What worries me a bit is that the pin assignments on the 68-pin SCSI connector may be different between manufacturers, or even between different cards from the same manufacturer due to more or less channels being available. From the numbers printed on the card plugged into the powers supply it seems to use the SSCNET standard, but even that has three versions.

I had planned to replace the controller with a home-made BuildBotics unit, so I don't think speed will be an issue. But if it can be made to work meanwhile that would be great. I'm still awaiting parts and with the current state of the electronics industry they could take a while to arrive.

Here you go,
    I found it in some chinese documentation, it is the same for any PCI card controller that was used on their laser machines.
    Attached Files Attached Files

i am a China laser spare parts suppler , how about contact with me +8618560201508 , send me what parts you need .

@allencncrouter: how about providing answer to a simple question?
    I rebuilt one JQ1290 without any help from JQ Laser (they said that the nodel is very old and that they can not help - read do not want)
    Anyway the machine is now i good working order and works flawleslly. Next will be buying an RUIDA controller to make te machine independent from PCI card that sits in the PC.

Here you go,
    I found it in some chinese documentation, it is the same for any PCI card controller that was used on their laser machines.
    When you say "their laser machines" that still refers to the machine you modified. Not all machines use the same brand of controllers.

Anyhow, thanks for that ZASto, the easiest thing to do would be to now check that the power pins go to the same places. If that's true then there's a good chance it's correct.

The seller tells me that they may have the original PC with the controller still fitted, but it's in a box buried at the back of their warehouse and they won't dig it out until next week. If they find it they'll post it to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by allencncrouter View Post
    i am a China laser spare parts suppler , how about contact with me +8618560201508 , send me what parts you need .
    Don't be a bloody idiot.

Cool Re: Data needed - old 1325 Chinese laser cutting machine

I don't think that there are many diferent pinouts on chinese PCI controller cards.

Attachment 481088

And some breakout boards:
    The one that received BluePill controller
    Attachment 481090

The one that is still connected to PCI card
    Attachment 481092

Both have tha SAME pinout despite that the controller cards are different.

And here is how the keyboard should be connected:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laser080.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	481094

Different, but similar enough that the connections might match. Thanks once again, I'm sure this will help.

Hey ZASto, I've done a bit more research and it seems that the lasers of the 2010 era used Chinese software called Lasercut with that card. I've also discovered that to use it with the MPC6515 USB controller it needs a USB Dongle inserted in the PC to allow production usage, although it can be used in Demo mode without the dongle.

Was that true for the MPC03 controller as well? If so, what colour dongle did your machine have? They seem to come in Green, Blue, Orange and probably a bunch of other colours depending on the software version.

I forgot the name of the software, but it needs a dongle
    Pinout is as I sent earlier.

I forgot the name of the software, but it needs a dongle
    Pinout is as I sent earlier.
    Thanks again.

I received the 90W NOS Reci tube in yesterday's deliveries. It's a miracle that arrived in one piece because the packing carton was badly damaged. I also took a look at the keyboard panel while replacing a few missing screws (see original post, photo #2) and found that there was supposed to be a keyswitch but someone broke it and shoved it inside the box, then just taped over the hole. I've ordered a new keyswitch from China. The CNC rails are a bit rusty as well, I'll have to get some wire wool and a bit of way oil onto those. Hope the ball races are still good.

I should have this thing running within a couple of months. Not in any big rush, it's a hobby machine and it's still mid-winter here in Australia so the garage isn't the most pleasant place to be.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tube Box.jpg  

Here's a photo of the power supply in my 1325 machine. As you can see by the thick layer of dust, nobody has been in there lately. The adapter for the SCSI connector plugs into the left side of the power supply board using an undocumented DB35 connector, so whatever I end up using will need to plug into the SCSI connector at the other end of that cable. I've seen breakout adapter boards on ebay for $35.00 or so.

That plate is normally vertical, there's one screw that comes out and the whole thing pivots down flat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Power Supply.jpg  

Woo-hoo!! The seller found the controller card. Couldn't have done it without having a photo to show him what to look for, so thanks go to ZASto.

He's putting it in the post tomorrow.