584,842 active members*
4,614 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > LB15 OSP5000 CPU error

LB15 OSP5000 CPU error

One of our LB15's just stopped during a cycle. The whole screen was just flashing on and off.(all pixels with jiberish) The CPU shows a cycle error on the status leds. I checked all my voltages going to the main board and everything is fine. Any thoughts?? I'm aiming towards the main board.

This machine has a 5000II main and all we have extra are 5000's. Is there anything I can do to test with one?

We are down with of course a HOT job on the floor... LOL never fails

I would try to reboot and see if you can get more alarm information. A cycle error just means that there is a board level problem in the card cage, nothing specific to which board. However, the gibberish would make me think the main board II or the graphics board. If you get non-gibberish and get a 1-1 CPU alarm on bootup, please post the access address information. This is what tells you which board is having an issue.

We did reboot it and had the same response. All the lights on the main panel are on with no function and the same screen flashing. If we get a main b will it just be the board or the memory - board stack. Also which board is used for the graphics?

Thanks for the quick response btw.

Each board is separate, you would have to order each the memory and main board. Depending on your machine's vintage, it should have a Panel connection on either the Main Card 2 (MC2) or a CRP board. This could be an operation panel or power supply for either the card rack or the panel, but it's unlikely. If this is the only 5000L you have I would suggest one of two things, either request your local Okuma reps come in with some boards or ask them to send some to Okuma for testing and repair. Okuma will test boards for a nominal fee, but of course if you have a friend with a similar machine, that would be cheaper!

One thing you can do to help isolate the problem beforehand would be eliminate unnecessary boards to see if this helps. You can remove the MC3 (RS232) board, the EO board (your I/O communications), and your SVP/TB set (axis drive communications). This will not allow the machine to boot up fully, but it is a good test to see if you can at least get the control to come up far enough to give you a readable error message. Of course, if you can do this then you might be receiving an error message relating to one of the missing boards and you will need to one at a time, shut the power off, reinstall a board, and power it back up until you start having the garbled screen again.

We found out that it was the CRP board. Okuma wanted 5 grand for a new one...LOL! WTF Anyway, after talking to a few people most of the issues with those boards is usually related to the 4 memory chips or 2 character generation chips socketed to the board. We managed to find one online with the same model # for $200 used. Fingers crossed!

Old boards are usually quite expensive if you want a complete replacement. Did you ask your contact for the new price, or for a repair/exchange unit? Usually a repair/exchange is available at a discounted cost from new.

Yea we did but I guess they quit the exchange on that model. The new model takes the place of a few models. At least thats what I was told. My contact seemed suprised aswell. As far as the repair goes. The machine has already been down a week. Sending out for repair would take 2 to 3 weeks. For the repair cost and down time cost we may as well buy the new one. Sort of a catch 22.

Like with Fanuc, there are many second hand repair facilities, such as cncrepair.com - check the part number against their list to see if they have a repair/exchange available.

Quote Originally Posted by theokumaguy View Post
    Like with Fanuc, there are many second hand repair facilities, such as cncrepair.com - check the part number against their list to see if they have a repair/exchange available.
    I called them a few days ago. Unfortunatly they didnt have one on the shlef that would work. However, the guy over there was very helpful.

Okuma CNC Lathe LB-15 OSP 5000 Booting Problem

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7260019.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	85323
    Dear Sir,
    We are finding this problem when we are switching on this M/C. In spite of reading the memory and going to run mode it is showing this type of screen.
    Help of any kind in this regard will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks and all the best.

"Operational panel ready error" is it right? picture quality is really low.
    Tell us the history, please. If there was some internal service inside operator panel? Did You checked the power supply voltages for Operator panel?

Smile Operational Pannel Ready Interuption

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    "Operational panel ready error" is it right? picture quality is really low.
    Tell us the history, please. If there was some internal service inside operator panel? Did You checked the power supply voltages for Operator panel?
    Hi,
    Greeting
    Thanks and congratulation for so early reply and giving us a helping hand.
    Actually nothing has been done in terms of service or repair in pannel.
    M/c was well working at the end of the day and as the load exhauted, machine was switched off.
    The very next day when we tried to resume the work the screen shown over .jpg appeared.
    sorry for the poor quality photo.
    Voltage checked at power supply and found to be within range.
    Again thanks with a hope for some guidence .
    Singh.S.N/Gaonkar:wave:

that's complicated in that case. I would look into el. diagrams seeking for some "ready" signal coming from op panel to main control. I would check every op panel output handshake- like signal.
    Most likely, it's possible to find some wire damage between op panel and main control.
    The best is to ask Okuma electrical troubleshooter.

VAC III DRIVE UNIT ALARM-16
    WHAT TO DO

Quote Originally Posted by supato View Post
    VAC III DRIVE UNIT ALARM-16
    WHAT TO DO
    WHAT!

can you be more prescise , control?? alarm type ???

Quote Originally Posted by GAONKAR View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7260019.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	85323
    Dear Sir,
    We are finding this problem when we are switching on this M/C. In spite of reading the memory and going to run mode it is showing this type of screen.
    Help of any kind in this regard will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks and all the best.
    Dear Sir,
    We have the same alarm on the machine. Have you repaired machine and what was the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Kure View Post
    Dear Sir,
    We have the same alarm on the machine. Have you repaired machine and what was the problem?
    If any spares are needed I have listed osp5000 and complete set of working parts for lr15w i have listed on here

Re: LB15 OSP5000 CPU error

Bmoz90 - can you please contact me re spares?
    After a power supply, CRPBII board and possibly some servo drives as spares
    Jase +64(21)575888 or [email protected]