584,850 active members*
4,301 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > CNC Plasma / Oxy Fuel Cutting Machines > Issues Cutting Thin Materials - Proma Compact THC Controller SD

Issues Cutting Thin Materials - Proma Compact THC Controller SD

Hi,

We have a Premier Plasma CNC Table with a Miller Spectrum 625 X-treme attached to it and a Proma Compact THC Controller SD. Everything is working fine except when cutting thin materials or materials that are warped. Our issue seems to be that once the head’s height is set at the beginning of a cut, it doesn’t adjust if the material is unlevel or warped through the cut and it stops cutting.

My main question is, can someone confirm that the Proma Compact THC Conntroller SD is capable of auto-setting the head’s height while cutting? If not, what THC controller do I need in order to get automatic touch sensor.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fsdolphin View Post
    Hi,

We have a Premier Plasma CNC Table with a Miller Spectrum 625 X-treme attached to it and a Proma Compact THC Controller SD. Everything is working fine except when cutting thin materials or materials that are warped. Our issue seems to be that once the head’s height is set at the beginning of a cut, it doesn’t adjust if the material is unlevel or warped through the cut and it stops cutting.

My main question is, can someone confirm that the Proma Compact THC Conntroller SD is capable of auto-setting the head’s height while cutting? If not, what THC controller do I need in order to get automatic touch sensor.

Thanks
    Proma SD needs to be configured for your drives, as in you jave to set the steps for mm or inch. Most probably you have that set to low so it can not keep up with the change in voltage.

Re: Issues Cutting Thin Materials - Proma Compact THC Controller SD

@tommylight - Sorry I never saw your reply until now. Would you mind elaborating more on how to configure the Proma SD? Thanks