584,833 active members*
5,480 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > ATC 2.5KW Jianken - Chinese spindle review and close look.

ATC 2.5KW Jianken - Chinese spindle review and close look.

recently i bought Chinese ATC spindle, because there is very limited amount of information about it I made a review of it with some explanations and demonstrations.
    I hope it it could help.

https://youtu.be/pWNeW-lH9RA

full review of Chinese ATC spindle, unboxing, first impressions, finish quality, vibration test, noise test, installation and results.
    I was looking for a reliable manufacturer of cnc spindles and it looks like i found one.
    I can honestly say that this is possibly the best Chinese spindle on the market, with really good support behind.
    also they provide very high quality tool holders from company in Taiwan: Parfaite PARFAITE TOOL CO., LTD.

Spindle tool holder which i got is a ISO25 taper and ER20 collet.

Spindle price was 1450usd.

spindle manufacturer website: spindle motor, spindles for engraving and grinding, atc spindles, constant power spindles, constant torque spindles, Lathe machine spindles, milling machine spindles, drilling spindles - Jingjiangcity Jianken High-Speed Electricmotor Co.,Ltd
    contact email: [email protected]
    ceramic ballbearing manufacturer: CoorsTek | Global Leader in Engineered Technical Ceramics

Re: ATC 2.5KW Jianken - Chinese spindle review and close look.

I follow you on youtube and I have to say that when I watched that video I was impressed with this spindle. So smooth running operation. You 've done a pretty nice job with your cnc machine. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by fox3d View Post
    recently i bought Chinese ATC spindle, because there is very limited amount of information about it I made a review of it with some explanations and demonstrations.
    I hope it it could help.

full review of Chinese ATC spindle, unboxing, first impressions, finish quality, vibration test, noise test, installation and results.
    I was looking for a reliable manufacturer of cnc spindles and it looks like i found one.
    I can honestly say that this is possibly the best Chinese spindle on the market, with really good support behind.
    also they provide very high quality tool holders from company in Taiwan: Parfaite PARFAITE TOOL CO., LTD.

spindle manufacturer website: spindle motor, spindles for engraving and grinding, atc spindles, constant power spindles, constant torque spindles, Lathe machine spindles, milling machine spindles, drilling spindles - Jingjiangcity Jianken High-Speed Electricmotor Co.,Ltd
    ceramic ballbearing manufacturer: CoorsTek | Global Leader in Engineered Technical Ceramics
    By the sound of your original spindle you never had the Parameters set correctly that was why it was so noisy, also could of been that the spindle was of poor quality, some of the better cheap non tool change spindles can run just as quiet as your new Jianken spindle, you can't really compare the 2 spindles, $160 spindle to a $1450 Plus can not be compared

What you did show was a good test of your new Jianken spindle and how good that manufacturers is to deal with, commutation was a good point as lots of Chinese manufactures are not good at this
    Mactec54

my whole point was to show the difference between commonly used cheep ebay spindle and something decent.
    so people have some reference point. otherwise its just pretty nice and shiny cylinder.
    and vfd settings where exactly same for both spindles.
    if you have proper settings for vfd, please don't hesitate to share.

my whole point was to show the difference between commonly used cheep ebay spindle and something decent.
    so people have some reference point. otherwise its just pretty nice and shiny cylinder.
    and vfd settings where exactly same for both spindles.
    if you have proper settings for vfd, please don't hesitate to share.
    I have many sets of Parameters for these spindles, and have posted them many times, they are just the main basic settings that work for most, but quite often you have to adjust for each spindle mostly for the frequency noise you can hear with the cheap spindle, vibration you can't do much with unless you rebalance the rotor, they are cheap and do a good job for what they are

Ideal you would not be using the same VFD with your new spindle to get the best out of that spindle you should be using a Vector Drive it will run even smoother and have much better torque control
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    I have many sets of Parameters for these spindles, and have posted them many times, they are just the main basic settings that work for most, but quite often you have to adjust for each spindle mostly for the frequency noise you can hear with the cheap spindle, vibration you can't do much with unless you rebalance the rotor, they are cheap and do a good job for what they are

Ideal you would not be using the same VFD with your new spindle to get the best out of that spindle you should be using a Vector Drive it will run even smoother and have much better torque control
    I don't think that he can do anything by changing the parameters. The basic parameters should be the same as the manufacturer of the spindle says on the label/manual. Beyond the values for the rated voltage, current, efficiency and maximum frequency I don't think all the other parameters have to do with the performance of the spindle or make it run smoother.

That sound is from bearings , not from parameter , u can use 100 parameters , and it will sound same .
    But maybe the mactec can show us his low noise spindle to compare the 2 spindle , but i doubt that u can compare a cheap bearing with a ceramic bearing .

Quote Originally Posted by Andreiir View Post
    That sound is from bearings , not from parameter , u can use 100 parameters , and it will sound same .
    But maybe the mactec can show us his low noise spindle to compare the 2 spindle , but i doubt that u can compare a cheap bearing with a ceramic bearing .
    If your Bearings sounded like that you would want to replace them, the ceramic bearing is not making much difference to the sound, it's the way that spindle motor being a much larger diameter and how the windings are done in the motor

You obvious don't know these spindles even the cheaper spindles can have ceramic bearings and don't cost very much more, most already have C4 or ABEC7 rated Bearings which are quality bearings, so has very little to do with the bearings that makes the difference

The only reason I only post the basic Parameters setup for these spindles ( which I have hundreds of times ) is the user can have over heating problems by changing other Parameters incorrectly

Two Parameter that can be used is the skip frequency and uniform frequency area, these would be used where you heard the worst screech and in a RPM range that you don't or can't use so 6,000 RPM is the minimum RPM for most of these spindles so these Parameters can be used for noise control anywhere to eliminate the noisy frequency bands by setting these Parameters

Other Parameters Carrier Frequency and Voltage Frequency all can be adjusted for noise control, but if you don't know what you are doing then don't go there as you can do more damage than good if you get it wrong, but these are just some of the Parameters that can be used to get a smooth running low noise spindle,

There are more than one different way to change Parameters to over come the noise you heard in the video which was more than normal
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by gas_liosia View Post
    I don't think that he can do anything by changing the parameters. The basic parameters should be the same as the manufacturer of the spindle says on the label/manual. Beyond the values for the rated voltage, current, efficiency and maximum frequency I don't think all the other parameters have to do with the performance of the spindle or make it run smoother.
    As you obvious do know, a vector drive which his new spindle should have will even run much smoother and have a better performance than the VFD drive he is using

You are right that the basic Parameters don't change, for a given motor being used, but there are other Parameters that can make a big difference even on a regular VFD Drive
    Mactec54

Could you post the exact model number of this spindle?

I didn't find 2.5kw 24krpm 400hz 220v atc there...

I wondered the same thing. Is it a custom made model?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    I wondered the same thing. Is it a custom made model?
    They do make them 2.5Kw is a standard for them, they can have a different voltage and 4 pole here is one of there standard models
    Mactec54

That's right.

Hey Fox3D, just wondering your thoughts on this spindle a year later?

Cool Re: ATC 2.5KW Jianken - Chinese spindle review and close look.

spindle is great. i have converted 100kg of aluminium in to chips, and its still running like it was new.if for some reason i will kill it i will buy exactly the same one.
    another great point is that i have way less damaged endmills. and finish is just perfect.

I have been using this spindle for over a year now and i would like to share with you some tests i have made.
    also i run this spindle to its limits, or actually to the vfd limits.

i was really surprised it can handle so much. deferentially i will push it a bit harder after those tests from now on

https://youtu.be/h9q6j7POgOI

I hope it it could help.

Good video, it is really helpful to understand.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html