585,683 active members*
4,768 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Auto Tool Changer > I need help to solve a ATC issue on a machining center
Page 1 of 2 12

Exclamation I need help to solve a ATC issue on a machining center

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to start up again with a machining center unused for 5 years or more. The equipment in question is a kuraki machining center, kv-500 model with yasnac mx1 controller.

I solved some initial issues. Up until this point I can send the machine to first reference position, second reference position, spindle orientation,
    move in Manual, JOG, ATM or MDI mode. Unfortunately for me, I encountered a problem that I cannot solve and this gives me many sleepless nights.

When I enter the code M06 TXX for the tool change, the following happens:

1.- The spindle orientation occurs.

But the machine does not move to second reference after this and a "M"and a "T" blinking on CTR display.

When I enter the code M19 and G30 , the following happens:

1.- The spindle orientation occurs.
    2.- The machine goes to second reference.

But the tool magazine does not move to spindle after this and a "M"and a "T" blinking on CTR display.

- Maybe it's waiting for a input signal or code, But What is required or needs ?, Is necessary a macro?

Your prompt response with any suggestion for solve this issue will be appreciated

Re: I need help to solve a ATC issue on a machining center

Have you tried TXX M06

Have you tried various tool numbers? It maybe the tool you're requesting is already in the spindle.

You may have lost your diagnostics that tells the machine what tool is in what pot.

Just some shots in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by the_gentlegiant View Post
    Have you tried TXX M06

Have you tried various tool numbers? It maybe the tool you're requesting is already in the spindle.

You may have lost your diagnostics that tells the machine what tool is in what pot.

Just some shots in the dark.

Hello the_gentlegiant

Thank you for your reply.

I have not tried this way TXX M06, maybe because I verified the programs stored in memory and I executed the same codes in the same order M06 TXX. But, i will try all suggested and reply the results obtained.

I have tried with some 20 tool numbers, but the results are the sames.

really, I know little about this controller, I cannot distinguish whether it is failure from ATC or I am not doing things right.

It would be a great contribution if someone had experience with this controller and could help me to distinction between if is a machine failure or if the machine is being incorrectly used.

I'm still learning and have a machine with the Yasnac MX1. I have to select the tool number before I can switch to it so T# M6, otherwise it's trying to switch to the previously selected tool the selecting a new one.

Have you used the G52/54-59 work offsets on yours?

Quote Originally Posted by kike_c View Post

"M"and a "T" blinking on CTR display.

- Maybe it's waiting for a input signal or code, But What is required or needs ?, Is necessary a macro?

Is the Z axis at home/TC position ?
    G17 G20 G40 G49 G80 G90
    G00 G28 Z0.

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    G17 G20 G40 G49 G80 G90
    G00 G28 Z0.
    good point, Make sure the Z is home'd and at machine zero.

"G0G28Z0" or "G53Z0"

btw, is one of these preferred over the other and why?

At the risk of sounding stupid... I’ll risk it, because you mentioned 5 years since it’s really been run.
    My first knee-jerk is the lithium battery that supports memory for things such as “where the tools are”.
    I was reading the manual for your control and it took me back to the memory thing.
    I am not sure why... yet on some machines... there’s no indication that this battery is no longer a functioning part of the equation. Everything is fine with AC per applied, but there’s odd bits missing because it isn’t retained information.
    (I Googled the name of your controller along with Blinking M and T.)
    It took me right to a 500 page manual.
    There’s a great flow chart for startup Figure 2.1.1 Operation Procedure.
    *I took a screen shot but it won’t let me attach it here.

Quote Originally Posted by TD-4242 View Post
    I'm still learning and have a machine with the Yasnac MX1. I have to select the tool number before I can switch to it so T# M6, otherwise it's trying to switch to the previously selected tool the selecting a new one.

Have you used the G52/54-59 work offsets on yours?

"select the tool number before M06", It has been mentioned twice already and it is an important suggestion, today I do not have access to the machine, but tomorrow I will do without setback.

I don't know about G52/54-59 work offsets as I've never used it.

G17 G20 G40 G49 G80 G90
    G00 G28 Z0.
    yes, the X,Y and Z axis are in TC position using the G30 code and Spindle is orientated using M19 Code.

if after that line of code I try run a M06T# the magazine does not move to spindle and a "M"and a "T" blinking on CTR display.

is it necessary to add G17 G20 G40 G49 G80 G90
    G00 G28 Z0 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsang-Lungta View Post
    At the risk of sounding stupid... I’ll risk it, because you mentioned 5 years since it’s really been run.
    My first knee-jerk is the lithium battery that supports memory for things such as “where the tools are”.
    I was reading the manual for your control and it took me back to the memory thing.
    I am not sure why... yet on some machines... there’s no indication that this battery is no longer a functioning part of the equation. Everything is fine with AC per applied, but there’s odd bits missing because it isn’t retained information.
    (I Googled the name of your controller along with Blinking M and T.)
    It took me right to a 500 page manual.
    There’s a great flow chart for startup Figure 2.1.1 Operation Procedure.
    *I took a screen shot but it won’t let me attach it here.
    I made sure that "BAT" or "A/B" on the right-low position of CRT screen is not displayed. I don't understand why not appears this alarm.

with regard to manual, I already have it, I have used in several times to solve various issues but this I cannot solve still.

yes, the X,Y and Z axis are in TC position using the G30 code and Spindle is orientated using M19 Code.

if after that line of code I try run a M06T# the magazine does not move to spindle and a "M"and a "T" blinking on CTR display.

G00 G28 Z0 ?
    what about Z hole M25?
    Some controls automatically go to it when given the M06 command not sure about Yasnack ?

G00 G28 Z0 ?
    No, but is safe startup block to clear any of those modal codes.

Curious to know... What was the reason the machine was not being used for 5 years?? Did someone have a similar issue? Was this after a major repair or perhaps incomplete or incompatible upgrade, to hardware or software?
    I would want to know this.
    Example: The firmware isn’t for your machine, but it’s predecessor.

You’ve a curious problem.
    Tool change is typically simple and straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Taylor View Post
    Some controls automatically go to it when given the M06 command not sure about Yasnack ?
    I'm not sure if tool change is typically directly with M06 code in yasnac mx1 controller, Can anyone confirm to us if tool change should be direct with M06 code?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsang-Lungta View Post
    Curious to know... What was the reason the machine was not being used for 5 years?? Did someone have a similar issue? Was this after a major repair or perhaps incomplete or incompatible upgrade, to hardware or software?
    I would want to know this.
    Example: The firmware isn’t for your machine, but it’s predecessor.

You’ve a curious problem.
    Tool change is typically simple and straight forward.
    According to brief talk, the machine was purchased in operation, it was moved to another place, but unfortunately the owner died. His son recently decided try to put the machine again at service.

I think that we should give machine a chance, the major parts operates properly such as servo motors, slideways rails, spindle, coolant tank and peripheral devices.

Dear
    Can you write that machine yours year, that language from code i think it is fanuc.
    Hurco BMC 2416

Hello guys,

Today morning, I turn On the machine and I have the following users message:

2008 magagine counter missing

I tried the previously suggested, I have select the tool number T# first and after M06, I tried for all tool and added G17 G20 G40 G49 G80 G90. See below code:

TXX M6;
    G17 G20 G40 G49 G80 G90;

The result obtained is the same "M"and a "T" blinking on CTR display, the Tool Magazine does not move to spindle.

I also noticed that it's possible to rotate Manual mode tool magazine, but the movement to spindle side depend on pneumatic piston.
    the pneumatic piston I can move it changing of state the electrovalves, but that is of no use without the know-how on using it on automatic mode.

using G30 X0.0Y0.y0 Z0.0 the axes can be moved to second reference position, with M19 its possible to orientate the spindle.

After a M06, the machine should be to change a tools between spindle tool and next tool, but If any conditions are not met, the command has no effect.

Which are these machine condition ?
    What is next logical step?
    Which are diagnostic bit I should check ?

Thank in advance for your help

Quote Originally Posted by noexit View Post
    Dear
    Can you write that machine yours year, that language from code i think it is fanuc.
    I worked with this code on makino´s machines with fanuc controller without problem.

When the M06 code is executed, an subprogram is call with the following line of code:

%
    O9XXX(TOOL CHANGE)
    G0G80G91G28Z0M319
    G0G40G49G30X0Y0
    M6
    G90H1D2
    M897(COOLANT PAUSE RELEASE)
    M56
    M99
    %

This machine it have Yasnac controller.

...try this

Kurakis of the 6M vintage had kind of a weird routine for the first toolchange after power up. .. you had to command the tool number that was in the spindle then M16. So if tool 5 was in the spindle that first toolchange after power up would be T5 M16. When you execute that command, nothing moves or anything, it just "initializes" the logic and counting of the toolchanger. subsequent toolchanges use M6 similar to most other machines.

I found that looking around the net..try it see what happens.
    DJ

...try this

Kurakis of the 6M vintage had kind of a weird routine for the first toolchange after power up. .. you had to command the tool number that was in the spindle then M16. So if tool 5 was in the spindle that first toolchange after power up would be T5 M16. When you execute that command, nothing moves or anything, it just "initializes" the logic and counting of the toolchanger. subsequent toolchanges use M6 similar to most other machines.

I found that looking around the net..try it see what happens.
    DJ
    I will do ASAP.

Do you know how I can see the tools list and names?
    Sincerely I apologize to the forum for the time and the space that I take for ask very simple questions

Page 1 of 2 12