584,812 active members*
5,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Pathpilot

Pathpilot

I am using PP version 2.3.6, and it has probing issues. I am wondering if anyone using the newer updates has found a stable version that you would recommend?
    mike sr

Re: Pathpilot

I use newest release but right now I only use probe on 24r router to find precision points like fixture edge or center of a long board. I see no issues. What problems are you seeing?
    Side note it is kind of entertaining to watch the probe logic find the center of a 1x3ft board.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    I use newest release but right now I only use probe on 24r router to find precision points like fixture edge or center of a long board. I see no issues. What problems are you seeing?
    Side note it is kind of entertaining to watch the probe logic find the center of a 1x3ft board.

Thanks MD for the reply, PP 2.3.6, the probing function will stop and give an error message sometimes for no reason is what I have noticed, I just re-probe after it does this and it will probe correctly the next time.I will try the newest version and see how it acts. I probe holes mainly and it is interesting to see it work and it is fast as well, I am still on the first stylus from 2 1/2 years ago and I use it several times a day.
    mike sr

The probing issues I have are when there is a bad/glitchy connection.
    This could be in the probe contacts, in the cable, or even in the limit switches.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatte View Post
    This could be in the probe contacts, in the cable, or even in the limit switches.
    this could well be, I changed to a microphone cable because of the better connector quality (in my opinion), still had the problem where it says the probing function had an error and it stops in mid probe function, the cable issue seems to have went away when I start a program now it doesnt error out.

I installed the 2.6.1 PP update this am and the Ninja knobs update, all works flawlessly. I only ran one small program for some giveaway engraving items though.
    mike sr

Quote Originally Posted by jwatte View Post
    I put a microphone coiled cord with mic connectors on my new probe, so far it hasnt glitched or stopped mid program, hopefully that problem is fixed.
    mike sr