585,668 active members*
3,820 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Syil X6 Plus Linear - loosing steps on small parts

Syil X6 Plus Linear - loosing steps on small parts

I would really appreciate some guidance from the more experienced folks on here, Im at the head scratching stage !
    Problem I have is that when I do multiple small cuts, 5mm long using a centre drill, engraving 20 slots -0.15mm deep around a 10mm dia cylinder to form a knurl if you like ? my machine loses steps.
    My X6 velocity is set to 1500 MM/M on X & Y, 1200 MM/M on Z, ramp is set to 200, all axis seam to lose steps when almost cutting fresh air ? I have reduced the velocity to 1000 but the outcome is the same. Having limited experience with cnc and programing I wonder if I am overlooking something obvious to you more experienced folks ? I dont have any obvious step problems machining bigger parts using more aggressive cuts.
    I wonder -
    When programming should I not include a G00 when the machine wont hit max before ramping down to the next coordinate? during rapids we only reach about 700 MM/M. My Z cuts -0.15 deep and retracts to 0.250 while the fourth axes turns in readiness for the next pass.
    Is it my machine ? am I pushing it too hard or expecting too much ? If it's me and my lack of experience please don't hold back, I need to learn.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Eddie

I would reduce the acceleration.

Thank you, I will look into that.
    Eddie

Re: Syil X6 Plus Linear - loosing steps on small parts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie UK View Post
    Thank you, I will look into that.
    Eddie
    I should have come back to this a lot earlier, years in fact ? just in case anyone else has the same issue, problem turned out to be the coolant solenoid. I installed a DRO on all axis in order to monitor the loss of steps. Turns out that nearly every time the coolant solenoid turned off the pump, the X or Y axis would jump a couple of hundredths of a millimetre. No coolant, no loss of steps. I fit a suppressor across the solenoid & that cured the problem.