584,863 active members*
4,902 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Angry Tool path optimization

Hy guys, again me. Do you guys have any idea how to optimize toolpaths to its shortest paths without jumping from one side of material to another?
    Im making perforations on a wooden closet and my machine instead of going straight line drilling coming to end of it, then move left and the going back to home drilling along it makes zig zag patterns jumping from one side of material to another, not just but sometimes even drilles side holes with no visible pattern.

Do u think its the post proccesor problem or its the swood problem optimizing path routes.
    Im running on Biesse Rover A using Swood and bSolid for setting programs.

Quote Originally Posted by SinagoRover View Post
    Hy guys, again me. Do you guys have any idea how to optimize toolpaths to its shortest paths without jumping from one side of material to another?
    Im making perforations on a wooden closet and my machine instead of going straight line drilling coming to end of it, then move left and the going back to home drilling along it makes zig zag patterns jumping from one side of material to another, not just but sometimes even drilles side holes with no visible pattern.

Do u think its the post proccesor problem or its the swood problem optimizing path routes.
    Im running on Biesse Rover A using Swood and bSolid for setting programs.
    In the settings there is an option for which optimisation algorithm it uses. Change it to TSP. Also make sure all your holes are in the right order in the geometry or milling.

Re: Tool path optimization

Yeah i have found that option, iv also noticed that when in Swood if i pick manually same group of holes it generates much butter toolpath for program.
    IT takes bit more time for preparing the program but we save much more time when the programs are done on the machine.
    I saw on my other post that u suggested that i contact Biesse directly so i will try to do that.

I have one more problem now which is that our Rover has 5 twist drills of the same radius on its agreegate but when i drill something which has same spacing on it the machine drills using only one tool which is kinda lame. Thanks for help anyway, may i ask you if u also work on a Biesse Rover or?

Manually you mean put them in order as you would like to machine them?

In the techdata, you should be able to change what spacing the machine will recognise. Usually 32mm.

I use a Rover A and have used a couple of Rover Bs and an old Rover 24.

Yes, when i use autodrill option Swood generates its own toolpath with zig zag patterns and machine follows that pattern.

But when i manually select same diameter of holes Swood generates straight pattern and machine then follows that one.

Exactly 32 mm is what we use, we produce furniture and often we have closets where u find 32 mm spacing between holes.

So what u are saying that i have to change that option in techdata on machine and we should be able to drill multiple holes at once?
    Will that option change any other things on Our machine?
    im sry for so many questions but i have litlle knowledge on Rovers, i do like the machine but my colleagues who worked on it for a much longer time than me simply had no ambition in reserching what the machine can and can't do.

It should already be set to 32mm as that is the standard distance on a biesse boring module. I can't remember where to go to find the spacing settings but I'll have a look in the morning.

No problem. My knowledge is limited also.

Problem solved. i have no idea how. Either my operater never actually peformed test run and only simulated in bSolid either im a moron who doesnt know how to model holes in spacing 32mm.
    Anyhow im now getting complaints from him that Rover A isn't allowed to perform on aluminum. What i need is just to drill holes on A 2mm thick alumium pipe.
    I have never ever heard in my 5 years exp as CNC operater on various routers that they are not allowed to perform on aluminium.
    The thing has a 16.2KW head ffs.
    Your opinion on that?

Many customers uses Rover machines for small aluminium or plastic parts, I don't see problem there - machine is rigid enough for that. It is good to use the right tools for aluminium and find suitable speed with some quick tests.

Seems to me they’re not overly confident in their ability on the machine.

Aluminium is in some ways easier to machine than timber. Slow and steady with the correct tool and you’ll be fine.

Glad you sorted the 32mm spacings.

Yeah, i agree with you on that. Will handle that issue. Problem is that the operater is too scared for investigating machine properties and he never goes into the options the poke around little to learn bit more about the machine.

Since iv never worked on Rovers or worked in Bsolid i can't just go and look at the setting for a bit and on internet its too hard to find Bsolid manuals or any kind of tutorials since its all copyrighted.

Operater also never had proper training on it so its all passed down from former operaters who just kept their secrets for themselves, they never heat up agreggates or main head before working in the morning so i have to argue with them that heating up the machine is vital on prolonging its lifespan.
    Every day i encounter new problem so i have to find my ways around the internet or contact our tech support for everything.

Like today, all of the sudden when i want to cut something in multiple passes i get optimization failure error, when i set incremental it works, when i select 2 way milling it works. AND THE OPTION WORKED BEFORE.
    When i open older program and draw something in there, add milling option in mutltiple passes it works. So i have to open older program, delete everything then draw what i need and the bloody thing works like i charm.
    But when i open new file and draw in it something i get an optimization error and cant run it.
    Any ideas guys?

Anyway thank you guys for your feedback about previous issues, i really appreciate it.

Yeah, i agree with you on that. Will handle that issue. Problem is that the operater is too scared for investigating machine properties and he never goes into the options the poke around little to learn bit more about the machine.

Since iv never worked on Rovers or worked in Bsolid i can't just go and look at the setting for a bit and on internet its too hard to find Bsolid manuals or any kind of tutorials since its all copyrighted.

Operater also never had proper training on it so its all passed down from former operaters who just kept their secrets for themselves, they never heat up agreggates or main head before working in the morning so i have to argue with them that heating up the machine is vital on prolonging its lifespan.
    Every day i encounter new problem so i have to find my ways around the internet or contact our tech support for everything.

Like today, all of the sudden when i want to cut something in multiple passes i get optimization failure error, when i set incremental it works, when i select 2 way milling it works. AND THE OPTION WORKED BEFORE.
    When i open older program and draw something in there, add milling option in mutltiple passes it works. So i have to open older program, delete everything then draw what i need and the bloody thing works like i charm.
    But when i open new file and draw in it something i get an optimization error and cant run it.
    Any ideas guys?

Anyway thank you guys for your feedback about previous issues, i really appreciate it.
    I’ll get you the bSolid manuals tomorrow if I can.

There will be an option in the “new” program that is different to the “old”. Compare them all. Origins. Check the profile options and ensure they’re the same. 1s and 0 should be the same if you need them to be. Lifters etc.

Not sure what’s going on with the multiple passes issue. Max step possibly? Upload a few of the files if you would like and I’ll take a look if they’re bpp ones. Or are they bSolid only?

If u could get me manuals and would forever in your debt man, only place i havent looked for them is deep web to be honest. Trust me iv been comparing them for whole day now and absolutely everything is the same.
    Like i said, i open old program and i can do everything in it without optimization failure cam error. I go for a new drawing in bSolid i get an error.

bSolid only...
    Its now max step becuse it doesnt mattter i try to step 1mm or 10mm. Whenever i input mulitple passes i get an error. I dont know, im off for today so i cant send examples but in Monday ill post screen shoots and upload files. Altough i think its bSolid issue, probably a stupid one.
    And yes, once again if u can get me manual i would really appreciate it a lot man

Hey Mate - can't seem to find the bSolid manual in English, I can upload the Russian version if you like, that probably won't help much! It's 600+ pages.

I'll post a dropbox link to the Russian one and the info regarding WRT updates etc etc.

Also - here are all the bSolid tutorials.

Dropbox - bSolid_Manual_5804KC0001.pdf - Simplify your life

https://www.dropbox.com/s/onx3fipn9s...id_doc.7z?dl=0

bSolid Training System

Cool Re: Tool path optimization

If u could get me manuals and would forever in your debt man, only place i havent looked for them is deep web to be honest. Trust me iv been comparing them for whole day now and absolutely everything is the same.
    Like i said, i open old program and i can do everything in it without optimization failure cam error. I go for a new drawing in bSolid i get an error.

bSolid only...
    Its now max step becuse it doesnt mattter i try to step 1mm or 10mm. Whenever i input mulitple passes i get an error. I dont know, im off for today so i cant send examples but in Monday ill post screen shoots and upload files. Altough i think its bSolid issue, probably a stupid one.
    And yes, once again if u can get me manual i would really appreciate it a lot man
    Hi, I guess that there is some bad value, which is saved as default. (If you don't know) You have possibility to remember inserted values for every working operation (Tab Advanced > Properties> Save default). Try to insert zero values in Cut operation, no selected tool, no selected geometry and save default. Then close the Cut operation and make new one...check the result... perhaps it will help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cut advanced tab.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	454263

I have tryed that already, set everything to 0 without any tools. Only thing i had geometry in it. Will try that today. Thanks for advice

- - - Updated - - -

Really thanks for manual, will help me a lot i hope

Tryed with no geometry still nothing. I dont understand how come i can open older drawing and when i change something in there or add new geometry with cutting in multiple passes it work. But when i making something new, nothing.

Im not sure whetever back up would work and fix the problem or should i get tec support from Biesse directly.

Whatever is the problem is wonna know what caused it and how to avoid it.

Are you able to attach a new and an old file ?

College just called tech support so i hope they will solve the issues about what happend. I will update in here so u guys know what happened if u ever need the info.

Thank you all for your help, u guys helped a ton.

You’re welcome.

Page 1 of 2 12