584,337 active members*
6,652 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Need help reflashing an old Fanuc 10T PMC cassette A02B-0076-001 cassette A

Need help reflashing an old Fanuc 10T PMC cassette A02B-0076-001 cassette A

I have an old Victor TNS-2 lathe(1986) and the fanuc A02B-0076-001 cassette has failed.. I am thinking that the EPROMs have probably lost some of the data as I get a PS550 watchdog error. I can put in another cassette from a different machine (unfortunately not the same victor lathe or model) and the machine boots up fine but the ladder logic is from a different machine so it will not operate. However, this is telling me that it is the cassette that is bad and not the machine or motherboard.

So I do not know what to do here. The machine manufacturer cannot find a copy of the original data as it is 30+ year old. However, I do have the original ladder logic hard copy diagram (about 70 pages of ladder) so I need to somehow reprogram the cassette. I have a few old same model A02B-0076-001 cassettes I picked up on ebay and I have a dozen or so of the exact blank eprom chips that go on the card as well as an eprom reader/writer and UV system. The cassette has 4 eprom chips on it. I can read the data from these chips with an eprom reader, but I do not know what values are good or bad as all I see are lots of 2 digit HEX numbers and I do not know what values they should be.

1) Is there any way to convert these HEX numbers back into the fanuc ladder logic diagram so I can compare what may be corrupt?
    2) If not, is there any way to rewrite this hard copy of the ladder and translate it back into the 2 digit HEX format and then reflash the eproms (one at a time)?
    Seems like the original fanuc cassette reader/writer made by GE was discontinued years ago so I will have to write the code back on the chips one at a time. Not sure how this data would even overlap on each chip as there are 4 chips each 128K .

Seems impossible but I am pretty stubborn. I am a good learner and pretty skilled with programming and electronics. There must be a way to get this working. It has worked great for years and years and the iron is in excellent shape. It just failed a few weeks ago with no warning.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Need help reflashing an old Fanuc 10T PMC cassette A02B-0076-001 cassette A

Quote Originally Posted by tylaska View Post
    I have an old Victor TNS-2 lathe(1986) and the fanuc A02B-0076-001 cassette has failed.. I am thinking that the EPROMs have probably lost some of the data as I get a PS550 watchdog error. I can put in another cassette from a different machine (unfortunately not the same victor lathe or model) and the machine boots up fine but the ladder logic is from a different machine so it will not operate. However, this is telling me that it is the cassette that is bad and not the machine or motherboard.

So I do not know what to do here. The machine manufacturer cannot find a copy of the original data as it is 30+ year old. However, I do have the original ladder logic hard copy diagram (about 70 pages of ladder) so I need to somehow reprogram the cassette. I have a few old same model A02B-0076-001 cassettes I picked up on ebay and I have a dozen or so of the exact blank eprom chips that go on the card as well as an eprom reader/writer and UV system. The cassette has 4 eprom chips on it. I can read the data from these chips with an eprom reader, but I do not know what values are good or bad as all I see are lots of 2 digit HEX numbers and I do not know what values they should be.

1) Is there any way to convert these HEX numbers back into the fanuc ladder logic diagram so I can compare what may be corrupt?
    2) If not, is there any way to rewrite this hard copy of the ladder and translate it back into the 2 digit HEX format and then reflash the eproms (one at a time)?
    Seems like the original fanuc cassette reader/writer made by GE was discontinued years ago so I will have to write the code back on the chips one at a time. Not sure how this data would even overlap on each chip as there are 4 chips each 128K .

Seems impossible but I am pretty stubborn. I am a good learner and pretty skilled with programming and electronics. There must be a way to get this working. It has worked great for years and years and the iron is in excellent shape. It just failed a few weeks ago with no warning.

If can find the fanuc A02B-0076-001 cassette from the same machine model, and replace it would be easy, but not easy to find it, 30+ years is really a long long time ago.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Quote Originally Posted by tylaska View Post

Hi , is your machine is fine now?

Quote Originally Posted by Behnamsafi View Post
    Hi , is your machine is fine now?
    Yes I finally got it running. I slowly acquired all the old FANUC tools including the old Mark II programming terminal and the burner for making the eprom cassettes. I was able to read off the eproms and transfer it to a new cassette. Amazingly it works now. Only issue is that the old Marc II programming terminal uses an old 5" floppy disk with system P on it. The disk still works but I fear it may fail soon. The format is not anything that I recognize. Not DOS or anything like that. I tried all sorts of ways to try to make a copy of this disk including sector to sector copying programs from the 1980's but I have not been able to make a duplicate copy of this disk. I do not know how many more reads I can do from this disk as it is over 30 years old so I would really like to make a fresh copy of it before this old floppy is no longer readable. Once it fails I do not think there is any replacement. Any ideas on how to make a copy of this probably last remaining system P disk in existence?

IF memory serves (and its been a long time since I used a Mark 2) . If you type ? and enter and the prompt it gave you a list of commands. Scratch, Int, Trace, etc...
    I thought if you just loaded the operating disk and not the work file. then did a save or equivalent command it would save the operating file to a new disk.

Now that i think on t that may be the way the PG operated. But the ? may be worth a try.

hello!...do you have the binary files of the master card A16B-1010-0210/16D of the Centrum 3000 punch press...they are OE1, OE2, OC1, and OC2...the executive software version is 0130-11?

me podría ayudar porfavor ?