584,837 active members*
5,251 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Show your limit and home switch setups -X2

Show your limit and home switch setups -X2

Hello all,

Can you show me your X-2 limit and home switch setups. I'm about to set mine up and I would like to see how others have set theirs up. Pictures of your placement and brackets would be perfect.

Thanks
    Bill
    Thanks
    Bill

What, is this a secret? 74 views and nothing ......

Come on guy's lets see-em.

Thanks
    Bill
    Thanks
    Bill

[QUOTE=Micro Rotors;368855]What, is this a secret? 74 views and nothing ......

Come on guy's lets see-em.

I'm looking, too!

I too, would love to have a peek...

Deja vu
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40557

The Syil setup is as tidy as any. HossMachine also has a video showing limit switches.

I currently have $2 Radio Shack switches fastened(?) with mechanics wire. Not picture worthy. Who sells switches the size and style of the Syil units? Catalog numbers would be appreciated.

Edit/ Oops, I meant home switches, not limit switches. A home switch can double up as a limit switch if desired. Imho software limits are good enough for an X2.
    Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

Theres a start,

I find it amazing that there are 217 looks and this is the first hint of any real response.

I guess were not in the club! :violin:

Bill
    Thanks
    Bill

Ok, here are some pics of mine. This must be as basic as it gets. The microswitches are epoxied on to the structure of the mill (ballnut in the case of the +x). These are strictly limit switches only, nowhere near repeatable enough for use as home switches. I bought a pack of 20 of these switches on Ebay, cost almost nothing. I have no real need to home with the sort of projects I do, anyway.

+X LIMIT

-X, +Y AND -Y LIMITS

+Z LIMIT

LongRat,

Thanks, You are the first. I like the simplicity of your system, definitely something to consider!

Any one else, We don-t care about the craftsmanship here. we just want to see placement and locations like LongRat has done.

Thanks
    Bill
    Thanks
    Bill

This really isn't a stock X2 anymore but the locations for the X and Y should be the same.
    The Z pertains to mine but should give an idea for location.
    Used these switches (NC) from Surplus Center wired in series with each other.
    Hoss
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X home switch.jpg   X home switch with cover.jpg   Y home switch.jpg   Y home switch with cover.jpg  

Z home switcg.JPG   Z home switch with cover new position.jpg   home switch covers.jpg  

Thanks Hoss,

Looks good.

Here is the first picture on the net of my converted X2, not a good one but I will post more tonight. Oh Also here is a picture of the start of my NEW shop (I just moved). The bench has been painted and has cabinet doors and shelves inside. I have 6 double build 4' florescent fixtures so the light is like the sun. the area is 11'x23' and with everything together my car and motorcycle will still fit inside. I have to pull them out for any real work though. I'm also making two rolling benches 6' long each and I have a 6' long metal bench that will go in the middle of the other two that I can do some metal work, car / motorcycle repairs and welding.

Its coming along nicely in the two weeks I have been there.

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mycnc.jpg   bench.jpg   shop.jpg  
    Thanks
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Micro Rotors View Post
    Thanks Hoss,
    Here is the first picture on the net of my converted X2, not a good one but I will post more tonight. l
    Some close-ups of the Z axis please. Looks very interesting.
    Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

There is a post with some nice pics at:
    http://www.cncfusion.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=81

It's an X3 though, not an X2. They did a really nice job though, and it may give you some ideas for your X2.

-Nate

Cool

Guys,

What is being used for (percission for repeatability) homing switches? Are inductive proximity switches the way to go or do the micro switches have good repeatability?

What kind of switches are the different hobby machine venders using such as Tormach, Syil, and IH?

Ron

cyclestart,

Here are the close up Z pictures you asked for. I threw in a couple of the new bench.

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails top1.jpg   top2.jpg   top3.jpg   front1.jpg  

bench.JPG   bench2.JPG  
    Thanks
    Bill