584,805 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Dmm Technology > DMM 1.8kw Servo Phase Lost
Page 2 of 3 123

Re: DMM 1.8kw Servo Phase Lost

Quote Originally Posted by Danno11 View Post
    My g0704, well theres not much left.

This is the motor, https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...1eca2fc2U129uS

This is the end result of years of mods
    Now that is a real spindle motor the only problem the 2.2Kw motor weight is 30 kg there are a lot using these spindle motors, for machines like you have, so if the weight is not a problem then that would work well on your machine

Here is another Dmm motor being used for a spindle working better than I thought it would with cutters this big

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSFcV2C455U
    Mactec54

Try the Leadshine ESP drives and motors, they also have lower inertia motors which has lower weight.
    The motors come with 17bits and 23bits encoders, and their tuning software is superior to DMM's.
    DMM's software is kind of a joke compared to the Leadshine one.
    Also the Leadshine motors running much smoother when autotuning them.

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    Try the Leadshine ESP drives and motors, they also have lower inertia motors which has lower weight.
    The motors come with 17bits and 23bits encoders, and their tuning software is superior to DMM's.
    DMM's software is kind of a joke compared to the Leadshine one.
    Also the Leadshine motors running much smoother when autotuning them.
    Again you don't know what you are talking about, to very different systems, when using the Dmm servo system you do not need any tuning software they have Adaptive Tuning Technology built into the drives, so after a basic setup to suit your machines loading, which is only 3 Parameters nothing more is needed
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Again you don't know what you are talking about, to very different systems, when using the Dmm servo system you do not need any tuning software they have Adaptive Tuning Technology built into the drives, so after a basic setup to suit your machines loading, which is only 3 Parameters nothing more is needed
    I know what I'm talking about. I installed DMM servos on several machines. They worked fine, except one which got an encoder failure.
    But their software is a joke, the software interface looks like as if some kids threw buttons and textboxes on the window.
    The Leadshine drives are very professionally built and the software is also very very good, their motors even have higher encoder resolution (23bits) and their system is around the same price as the DMM.
    And not lastly Leadshine is a reputable large company not like DMM who answered only to my 3rd email about the encoder failure and it took them about 2 months to tell me that it has to be replaced.
    In summary I will buy the Leadshine drives over the DMM anytime and my advice is the same for everybody.

Do leadshine do servos or just closed loop stepper systems?

Do leadshine do servos or just closed loop stepper systems?
    They do servos which is quite new to them
    Mactec54

I know what I'm talking about. I installed DMM servos on several machines. They worked fine, except one which got an encoder failure.
    But their software is a joke, the software interface looks like as if some kids threw buttons and textboxes on the window.
    The Leadshine drives are very professionally built and the software is also very very good, their motors even have higher encoder resolution (23bits) and their system is around the same price as the DMM.
    And not lastly Leadshine is a reputable large company not like DMM who answered only to my 3rd email about the encoder failure and it took them about 2 months to tell me that it has to be replaced.
    In summary I will buy the Leadshine drives over the DMM anytime and my advice is the same for everybody.
    I guess you will figure it out that the tuning software is not needed, that is why they have not spent time on it, they also have a 20Bit Encoder and a 32Bit Encoder, the Leadshine servos are a new addition for them, unless you have them you can not tell how well they work, it all gets down to how much money someone wants to spend on there servo system, if you want all the extra's that the more expensive drives have then you would buy Yaskawa or Delta, that is what I buy / use , I mostly use Yaskawa for high end builds, and Dmm for any CNC routers and CNC mill retrofits is more than what most need
    Mactec54

My g0704, well theres not much left.

This is the motor, https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...1eca2fc2U129uS

This is the end result of years of mods
    What control software are you using and what have you set Motor Tuning and Pulley ratio in your software
    Mactec54

I guess you will figure it out that the tuning software is not needed, that is why they have not spent time on it, they also have a 20Bit Encoder and a 32Bit Encoder, the Leadshine servos are a new addition for them, unless you have them you can not tell how well they work, it all gets down to how much money someone wants to spend on there servo system, if you want all the extra's that the more expensive drives have then you would buy Yaskawa or Delta, that is what I buy / use , I mostly use Yaskawa for high end builds, and Dmm for any CNC routers and CNC mill retrofits is more than what most need
    I now have the Leadshine ESP servos on 2 machines. Leadshine made servos for a long time, but the ESP is a new series with advanced features to the previous version.
    They work very nicely on both machines. Their price is similar to the DMM, but the quality and funcionality is like Yaskawa.
    I suggest you check them out, they are really nice drives and motors.

I now have the Leadshine ESP servos on 2 machines. Leadshine made servos for a long time, but the ESP is a new series with advanced features to the previous version.
    They work very nicely on both machines. Their price is similar to the DMM, but the quality and funcionality is like Yaskawa.
    I suggest you check them out, they are really nice drives and motors.
    Do you have a link to the ESP Servos or a PDF all I found are just a hybrid and not a true servo I know they do have them just could not find them
    Mactec54

Do you have a link to the ESP Servos or a PDF all I found are just a hybrid and not a true servo I know they do have them just could not find them
    Sorry, it is not ESP, but ELP, here is the link to the drive manual: http://www.leadshine.com/UploadFile/...l_20200603.pdf

What control software are you using and what have you set Motor Tuning and Pulley ratio in your software
    Using mach 3 at the moment with warp9 ess, about the make the jump to linuxcnc as im sick of mach3 doing weird ****.

Is this a question relevant to my issues? if so i have been using both dmm software and mach 3 control to no avail in the not reaching max rpm issue.

My pulley ratio is almost 2:1, about 5700rpm.

I can get you a screenshot when i am back home again.

cheers

Using mach 3 at the moment with warp9 ess, about the make the jump to linuxcnc as im sick of mach3 doing weird ****.

Is this a question relevant to my issues? if so i have been using both dmm software and mach 3 control to no avail in the not reaching max rpm issue.

My pulley ratio is almost 2:1, about 5700rpm.

I can get you a screenshot when i am back home again.

cheers
    Yes I could do the same setup and try it here to see if I get the same problems I have mach3 and a Smooth Stepper, although Mach3 by it's self should give the same results as well, so yes screen shots of your setup and I will set the same

Ports and pins Spindle ( Mach3 )
    Motor Tuning ( Mach3 )
    Spindle Tab ( Mach3 )
    Pulley Ratio ( Mach3 settings )
    Smooth Stepper spindle settings
    Mactec54

Yes I could do the same setup and try it here to see if I get the same problems I have mach3 and a Smooth Stepper, although Mach3 by it's self should give the same results as well, so yes screen shots of your setup and I will set the same

Ports and pins Spindle ( Mach3 )
    Motor Tuning ( Mach3 )
    Spindle Tab ( Mach3 )
    Pulley Ratio ( Mach3 settings )
    Smooth Stepper spindle settings

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 170113577_376335516780896_4258085960973767476_n.jpg   170083969_469837604167868_6241139688061117808_n.jpg   170192065_286753112855483_5591802000893745068_n.jpg  

Ok I see some things you can try

In Mach3 change the Kernel Speed to 100 then shut down and reboot your computer for this to take place, Why do you need 100 so you can set the motor speed Velocity to 3000 = RPM

Then in motor Turning ( Steps Per 2000 ) ( Velocity 3000 Motor Rated Max Speed ) the setting you have is the max RPM the Motor can run

Pulley Ratio ( Max Speed ( 3000 ) ( Ratio .5 ) .5 is for your 2:1 ratio so this number is adjusted to what your ratio is , Motor RPM to the Spindle RPM, in your case it can not be 1, remember these settings are for your motor RPM and the Ratio will represent the spindle RPM

In the Dmm Servo Drive set Gearing to 500 and Save, 500= 2000 steps per Rev Mach3 setting

This will be a start to getting your motor up to speed, I don't know if the Smooth Stepper is correct but this is what you need to do to start with
    Mactec54

Im pretty sure the kernal speed was a recommendation from warp9

My motor runs at the requested rpm with my settings the way they are, up to the point where it fails.

DMM settings wise, 1000, works with my other settings to give correct motor speed.

However i did try your settings and my motor only goes to 3000rpm, dont waste any more time on this, if it worked from DMM software it would be a different story.

My motor runs at the requested rpm with my settings the way they are, up to the point where it fails.

DMM settings wise, 1000, works with my other settings to give correct motor speed.

However i did try your settings and my motor only goes to 3000rpm, dont waste any more time on this, if it worked from DMM software it would be a different story.
    In this case Warp9 has nothing to do with the outputs from Mach3 all the parameter I listed need to be what I posted or you can not get your motor to 3000 RPM

The motor can only go to 3000 max which you said you could not get before , with the Mach3 settings you had you can not get the motor to 3000 which was your problem

Your step / Per are set incorrect this has to match the servo Drive Gearing which should be 500 for 2000 Step/Per, this will give you the smoothest running of the motor and require less steps/per you can run it direct from Mach3 which I tried and with a UC100 both had the same results and gave max motor RPM, I will do it with the Smooth Stepper when I get time

Your max speed could only be what you had set in velocity which was 2674 RPM for this to be 3000 then the Kernel needs to be 100 or you can not set it to 3000 in Mach3

You should not be using the Dmm software to get your max speed that is not what there software is for, I said that in one of these other posts,

You must use your CNC control with the correct settings I posted to run your DMM motor, you will find with a adjustments to the pulley ratio, to what I posted it will all run as it is supposed too I have tested it here so know it all works as it should
    Mactec54

I should of made it clear that these settings I posted where direct from using Mach3 and trying it with a UC100, both worked and gave max motor RPM, the settings will be different when using the Smooth Stepper, have you tried Mach4 as it is better than Mach3 and will work with your Smooth Stepper
    Mactec54

Sorry i meant spindle rpm.

I still get the same issue, wont do anything over 2300 rpm at the motor, usually works okay up to 2000rpm with cutting forces, anything over motor changes sound and it gets phase lost.

I understand my settings wernt as you suggested, but they gave me the correct spindle speed output when requested.

Page 2 of 3 123