584,805 active members*
5,350 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal 4525 spindle orientation.

Fadal 4525 spindle orientation.

Hello all,
    So i have this fadal that i try to get up and running for almost a month now. First main board needed fixing, then thrust bearings. But i got machine up and running lately, it looks like we are going to make parts on it for sure just have one last bug left to fix. Latest headache is that i get 22051 error on siemens 840d screen when i do tool change or m19. Checked sensor for orientation(the one that works with magnet) . It gets 24v power and sends 14v and then on magnet 0v. I guess its working good? Spindle lock engages sometimes. Sometimes it orients good sometimes i keep getting these errors. Also every time i power up machine i get notification that belt change is in progress check air preassure. After few reset clicks its gone. Any recomendations what to look?
    Also looks like spindle is okay on high and low rpm. Fadal tech guys told me it might be worn out pulley? I guess they are talking about rotating part with magnet? But its not touching, can magnet wear out??

Well let me know what you think or maybe you had similar problem. I see some posts on this issue so i guess its pretty common

Re: Fadal 4525 spindle orientation.

Problem may be encoder related. Whet condition are the belts in? After belt replacement, for 10k rpm machine, need to run the M83 cycle to "sync" the belts. after running the cycle to where the degrees are within 10 between hi and lo range, then run M84 to store values. Be forewarned, the M83 cycle is buggy. You will receive alarms and more often then not, the cycle will not complete.

Quote Originally Posted by gaswiz69 View Post
    Problem may be encoder related. Whet condition are the belts in? After belt replacement, for 10k rpm machine, need to run the M83 cycle to "sync" the belts. after running the cycle to where the degrees are within 10 between hi and lo range, then run M84 to store values. Be forewarned, the M83 cycle is buggy. You will receive alarms and more often then not, the cycle will not complete.
    Presumeably this only works with a motor with spindle encoder? I have a 91 that doesn't have an encoder on the spindle (no rigid tap)

(edit) has new belts as of 2 weeks ago

Still getting spindle orientation error. I have changed encoder on spindle motor. Is it possible to check magnetic sensor value ? I cant even do m83 or m19