584,798 active members*
4,259 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

A2Z CNC Still in business?

Hello,

Pardon if this is the area. When going to their site i receive a store unavailable message from their host. I sent an email with no reply. anyone else have any luck reaching them?

[url=http://www.a2zcorp.us//url]

Re: A2Z CNC Still in business?

Their last Tweet was Aug '15. They closed their model division in '14. Maybe something similar happened on the CNC side?

OK a little more Google-foo shows Tim's a very busy guy!

<redacted>

Ingeniero,

Thanks for the info. i have ordered from them this year. The last update i found was Facebook in 2015. I hope they are still in business. Their Sherline upgrades & accessories are great.

Not sure Tim's is info is relevent. his relationship ended with A2Z Corp in 2014. Good find though.

Hmm doesnt look god.

I took a deeper look at Facebook page. Posts starting in August of customers inquiring about orders that have not shipped.

Unfortunately I think they have gone under. I had an order shipped about a month ago but placed an order 2 weeks ago and still haven;t received it. They still have their ebay store but judging by their feedback they have stopped shipping.

Really a shame as they were a great place for people with mini lathes/ mini mills.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A2Z feedback.PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	337328

Tom,

Yes , A lot of good products.

They did make great products. Too bad, Tim is a good guy.
    A lazy man does it twice.

Sad to hear of A2ZCNC is gone... Love their stuff and Tim gave very good support during and after my purchase.

I have an order since july 2016 and haven't received it. tried calling and sending emails without any response.

any idea if it will ship or how can get my payment refunded?

thanks.

Anybody have any means of contacting the owner?

There was an auction last week at their place here in CO. The new owner moved in and was selling all the existing stuff. I would posy a link but it's over and the pages are expired. Look up roller auction I think.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure that was the only place of business but pretty sure

@luv2ride , thanks for the update.

Does anyone know how to contact the previous owner.

thanks

My understanding is that Tim sold the business and for whatever reason the new owners did not appear up to the task.

Once I realised that they were not performing, I stopped selling their items and kept the remaining stock I had for myself.

Cheers,

Peter
    -------------------------------------------------
    Homann Designs - http://www.homanndesigns.com/store

You may have received the email from A2ZMaker.com.

Check out their site.

Quote Originally Posted by wongster View Post
    You may have received the email from A2ZMaker.com.

Check out their site.
    I just got that same email. Dont forget Tryally for a QCTP and holders. His stuff looks sweet.
    A lazy man does it twice.

I just sold the A2Z QCTP. Haven't been using it for years. Bought myself the sherline QC few years ago. More rigid then the A2Z but I've been on my Proxxon PD400 lathe most of the time. The sherline lathe is now sitting under the workbench.

As an aside to Fastest1, we spoke about the spindle speed control few years ago. I only managed to do the mod lately and got it running! Lol. For my case, I've to modified M3 micro so that Mach 3 can make use of linearity.dat to get to the correct speed as commanded.

Some good news! So A2ZCorp was liquidated at auction back in November 2016 and some enthusiasts purchased what they could to keep the brand alive! These guys seem to be the real deal and are even trying to help people (or at least try to help if they can) people who were hurt in the shutdown. Here is the new site:

https://www.a2zmaker.com/collections

And here is the email I somehow received from them. I know its long but they have been in contact with some of the old manufacturers who still have the CAD plans. So we may see some new production of some items, I doubt it will be as extensive as it once was.

Hello fellow Makers and Hobby Machinist,

As many of you know by now, a name many of us had grown to love and trust is no longer there for us. To those who are not aware, A2Z Corp is no longer in operation. In late November of 2016 the remaining assets including inventory were sold at public auction. As enthusiasts, myself along with a few friends purchased everything we could in an effort to preserve the product line. Luckily we were able to get our hands on most of the remaining inventory.

We did this not really knowing what in the world we were going to do with it all. We just knew we didn't want the line to die. One thing we didn't think about though was we had no drawings, no CAD files, nothing except of big pile of boxes full of mixed up parts. The first thing we did was to start sorting out and cataloging what we had. There was a lot there. So next we started reaching out to local manufacturing companies to see if we could have the stuff reverse engineered, still not knowing what we were going to do in the end. With unbelievable good fortune we ran across a couple of companies that had actually been doing some work for A2Z Corp, and they had CAD files!! They definitely didn't have it all, but it was at least an educated start.

OK so now what?

Good question.....

After countless hours of pondering everything from wholesale liquidation to starting where A2Z Corp left off as a manufacturing company, we settled on a plan. You see, our interests expand beyond just hobby machining. We also love the resourcefulness of the Maker Movement, the ingenuity of IoT (Internet of Things) and have a real passion for STEM education and introducing our kids to the future. So we decided to create something new. A user driven Marketplace.

With that I would like to introduce you to A2ZMaker.com. A user based Marketplace where the people making things have the opportunity to sell their creations. As it stands now we have listed all of the A2Z Corp inventory we bought at auction to get things started. We also have a few things in the works being manufactured, starting with the QC Tool post, QC holders and the milling machine end mill holders. So the QCTP will live on!!

But what we really want, is for the marketplace to be core of the business. Think Amazon, but very specific, without the zillions of products to sort through. We've created the infrastructure. Users create the listings, including their own descriptions and pictures. They set their own price. We do the marketing. The product gets sold. The product gets shipped. The seller gets paid. Just like with Amazon the seller doesn't get paid until the product ships. We get a commission.

Currently the only categories visible are the ones that have products available. We're hoping to see robotics and drones for both adults and kids, Arduino and Raspberry Pi creations, 3D Printers and accessories. All the categories have been created, but its up to you to fill them. If you have and idea but need help, send us an email here, and we will do what ever we can. For more information take a look at our marketplace resource pages here.

We know there were people who got hurt in the fall of A2Z Corp, We know some of you personally actually. Although we have absolutely no affiliation with A2Z Corp and no obligation to do this; If you had rewards points or orders that never got filled reach out to us by email here. There may not be anything we can do, but if we can, we will. It's worth a try anyway.

So, here's to the future!! We look forward to continuing on and seeing where this ends up.

Thank You

Clint
    Founding Partner
    A2ZMaker.com

A2Z CNC and A2ZMaker.com are unfortunately not available.

There is a nice guy in Ukraine who makes great and accurate things in his workshop.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/igorkawa
    If a sufficient number of interested persons gather, you can order from him a batch of equipment for micro lathes such as Taig or Sherline