584,829 active members*
4,865 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Any way to manually turn on G0043.5 / DNCI - its not in my ladder but *is* in PMC

Any way to manually turn on G0043.5 / DNCI - its not in my ladder but *is* in PMC

Hi,

I have an older lathe with FANUC 21-T system DE02 0012, I am looking for a way to 'force' or 'turn on' G0043.5 (DNCI), it is in my PMC but there is no ladder logic to turn it on (I don't have a 'tape mode' switch).

As you may know, above PMC status bit is required to be 'on' for tape mode soft key to appear in AUTO mode... So my PMC has the bit, but the machine builder didn't put anything in the ladder to allow it to turn on.

There must be a way to trick this bit to be 'on', even temporarily, no ?

I've downloaded the ladder and the PMC status etc. via RS232 so even if I needed to make a ladder mod, I'd be willing, but isn't there a way to just turn on that status bit, even if its just while the machine is on (and then lost at power off ?)

Thanks

phatbob Guest

Re: Any way to manually turn on G0043.5 / DNCI - its not in my ladder but *is* in PMC

bump, anyone have ideas ?

Re: Any way to manually turn on G0043.5 / DNCI - its not in my ladder but *is* in PMC

can you show us with a photo the logic from ladder for that G43.5?
    In 21T you can easily insert a keeprelay to do that job if you do not have already one assighed for that

There is on the newer controls but yours you will have to edit the ladder or find in the ladder how to make it come on.

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    can you show us with a photo the logic from ladder for that G43.5?
    In 21T you can easily insert a keeprelay to do that job if you do not have already one assighed for that
    Im unclear on how to do that. In the ladder, DNCI is G0043.5. Using the search tool, and triple checking this, there is nothing in the ladder that turns this on. It is clear from the ladder that once this on, we are in tape mode. How can I turn this bit on with a keep relay, Im unaware of that procedure. Thx.

If it is not in the ladder you can't. Can you save the ladder and post it? You most likey will have to save it from the PMC I/O page

Bob,

What else is on the rung with the G0043.5? There must be a contact on the left side of the ladder to energize the G34.5 coil even if the contact does not have any means by which it can be activated elsewhere in the ladder. On my own machine, when I first got it, I could not get the Y axis to move. After looking through the ladder I found the rung that contained the un-made contacts that disabled Y axis movement. There were 2 contacts in parallel - one being an unused input and the other contact is tied to a keep relay (I didn't' know about the keep relay at the time). Initially to get the machine operational I found the input on the IO rack that made the unused input happy and allowed the machine to function. When I was first trying to figure this all out I looked up and down through the ladder trying to determine what would turn the 2 contacts on and found nothing. I have since realized that the keep relay somehow lost its setting during a power outage that the machine experienced just before I bought it (it was fully functional before then).

Cj

Quote Originally Posted by cjfisher View Post
    Bob,

What else is on the rung with the G0043.5? There must be a contact on the left side of the ladder to energize the G34.5 coil even if the contact does not have any means by which it can be activated elsewhere in the ladder. On my own machine, when I first got it, I could not get the Y axis to move. After looking through the ladder I found the rung that contained the un-made contacts that disabled Y axis movement. There were 2 contacts in parallel - one being an unused input and the other contact is tied to a keep relay (I didn't' know about the keep relay at the time). Initially to get the machine operational I found the input on the IO rack that made the unused input happy and allowed the machine to function. When I was first trying to figure this all out I looked up and down through the ladder trying to determine what would turn the 2 contacts on and found nothing. I have since realized that the keep relay somehow lost its setting during a power outage that the machine experienced just before I bought it (it was fully functional before then).

Cj
    Tape mode and DNCI are on the same runny, DNCI isn’t anywhere else. That’s what I’m trying to say... machine builder didn’t put anything in there to turn on DNCI ! I have the ladder from PMC IO, but thought I needed some fancy fancy tool to make it happen ? I’m willing to try anything reasonable... or is there a offline programmatic way to set that silly little single bit to “1”..:

Please Post the file that you downloaded via PMC I/O

Hi guys apologies it took a while to get back to the forum..

see attached,

Worth noting, I have no problem installing some sort of switch or solenoid to turn on G0043.5 only when in AUTO mode (or similar) but I'm not sure exactly where to hook it up to and if needs to get pulled low or high..

Thanks for all your help, I really need to activate DNC on this machine if I can...

SYSTEM DE012 0012
    F81L
    F01L

SERVO 9066 0009
    PMC 4082 0006
    LADDER 21TB 0071
    SPINDLE-1 9D00 0025

-P

Here you go. Load it into the control and save to flash. Set Keep Rely K07 bit 0. 00000001 then you will have DNC. Make sure you are in memory mode to run as that is a requirment from Fanuc.
    Attached Files Attached Files

whaaa ?? You're awesome dood. What did you use to make the changes ? You mean I just set keep relay bit and then its in DNC mode ? should I be in auto mode at that time ? or does it matter ?? thanks man... I'll try it out ASAP... last Q: should I be worried about bricking my control loading it in ? I dont mean from the changes - I mean it from the standpoint that I havent ever loaded in PMC, just read from it...

Quote Originally Posted by phatbob View Post
    whaaa ?? You're awesome dood. What did you use to make the changes ? You mean I just set keep relay bit and then its in DNC mode ? should I be in auto mode at that time ? or does it matter ?? thanks man... I'll try it out ASAP... last Q: should I be worried about bricking my control loading it in ? I dont mean from the changes - I mean it from the standpoint that I havent ever loaded in PMC, just read from it...
    As long as you have everything backed up then worse case you can clear memery and reload. Doubt that will happen. You do have to be in MEMORY mode for DNC to become active after you set your K-Bit.

Side Note: The PMC had a symbol for G43.5 but didn’t add it to the ladder. That is why you saw it on the PMC status page but not in the ladder. If you search it out now you will find it.

Did it work?

Hi. I am trying to edit PMC ladder logic on Fanuc Series 21-T. This is my very first time with the machine. Could anyone guide me how to access and edit the ladder logic program? What software is required to communicate with the machine?

you will need to edit it with FapfLadder after you download ladder from machine or you can edit it with FaptLadder connecting online but you need experience.

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    Here you go. Load it into the control and save to flash. Set Keep Rely K07 bit 0. 00000001 then you will have DNC. Make sure you are in memory mode to run as that is a requirment from Fanuc.
    Hi,
    could you please explain how did you modify the ladder, the ladder file you modified in txt format, how you deal with it
    i am trying to do the same

Sting