Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam University
Page 2 of 2 12
    hi i been having the same problem with my rep
    i was hoping u can help me ?

Re: Mastercam University

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    Do you want to take the MC U still? if so send me an email.

Hi, I'm very interested and looking to enroll in Mastercam U. I have CNC machining experience including programming at the control but not a lot of CAD/CAM experience. Is Mastercam U a good place to start? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    P.S. - I'm also curious about Fusion 360.

Best regards,
    Branden

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Goodwin View Post
    CAD/CAM is one of the best teachers out there, he and I have known each other for quite some time.

We both work in World Class CNC Training Facilities. I teach Mastercam at DeAnza College and we only hire professionals who continue to work in the Industry and push the limits of Technology.

If you don't live in an area that is supported with a Community College Training Program, you can still learn Mastercam online at eapprentice.net we are constantly upgrading our courses and adding content on a weekly basis.

Our current course (Winter 2010) is Multi Axis CNC Programming using Mastercam CAD/CAM

If you are interested becoming a power user in Mastercam, learning Advanced high Speed Toolpaths, Solid Modeling, 3D Machining, Rotary, Multi Axis, Horizontal Machining, CNC Lathe programming and Designing work holding Fixtures and Tooling.

Join us!

You can download a legal, working, student version of Mastercam, and practice at Home

My contacts at our leading suppliers of Drills, Taps and End Mills tell me that they have just experienced the busiest two months in 10 years.

The next wave is coming, and it’s all about Multi Axis CNC Machining

Don't be left behind.

Join us!

eapprentice.net

Hi, I'm very interested in Mastercam U and Fusion 360. I have CNC machining experience including programming at the control but not a lot of CAD/CAM experience. Which one is a better place to start? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Branden

Quote Originally Posted by tnosmelc View Post
    Hi, I'm very interested and looking to enroll in Mastercam U. I have CNC machining experience including programming at the control but not a lot of CAD/CAM experience. Is Mastercam U a good place to start? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    P.S. - I'm also curious about Fusion 360.

Best regards,
    Branden
    If you want to take Mastercam u you need to contact your local Mastercam dealer to sign up.
    We are about to release new training with Mastercam 2018.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    If you want to take Mastercam u you need to contact your local Mastercam dealer to sign up.
    We are about to release new training with Mastercam 2018.
    I'm waiting to hear back from them. Do you think it's worth the $? Or would you recommend I get started with something like eapprentice.net? With eapprentice.net do you have access to the software or just the training videos?
    What are your thoughts on Mastercam vs. Fusion 360? I've the machining knowledge but want to advance my career on the programming side. I think there are more shops using Mastercam than 360, so if I was looking to transition into a programming position, which I am, Mastercam would be more beneficial in that regard? However, you can get 360 basic for $300/annually and it seems to be a good place to start, I think. Thanks for the insight.

Page 2 of 2 12