585,982 active members*
4,521 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    s00073055 Guest

Another Haas VFO problem

I can't find words strong enough to describe what I thing of this machine, any good advice on the following issue would be greatly appreciated. I was getting X axis over current alarms on and of for a while i cleaned the carbon out of the motor and it was ok for a short time until it damaged the X drive board I replaced the mosfets on the board and it work find for a while until the X overcurrent alarm come back again in the middle of a program used the A axis board(two resistors had to be changed only difference) it blew a fuse right away replaced the fuse and the machine worked for 6 day 12hour a day without a problem. the machine was idle for 3 weeks. Started it up the VFD failed after 5min of the spindle running fixed that. started up the machine again Z axis overcurrent alarm come on right away cleared after a couple of resets then it would not home because the X axis overcurrent alarm had come back I finally got it to home I then manually moved each axis Z first was ok then X was ok then Y a short move got Y axis over current alarm(for the first time) it would not clear swapped the Y axis board with X, Y axis board had failed the main question i have is a short to ground in a motor a intermittent fault? I suspect this is the problem with the X axis as for the Z and Y. I just don't no. the cables from the boards to the motors are all ok. Thanks

s00073055 Guest

Re: Another Haas VFO problem

Yesterday i put the y axis board that faulted out the last day back into the machine and started the machine every thing started up fine homed right away no alarms then run the spindle for a while all fine. This morning started up the machine again all good started the spindle left it running left the building for a few minutes when i come back the spindle was stopped and the Y axis overload alarm was back again (the Y axis wasn't move) any ideas to what is going on here?

I would clean all the connectors.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

s00073055 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    I would clean all the connectors.

Mike
    Mike not sure whats is happening here i wonder could the processor board be on the way out i still have the crc lead screw error and when i power down the machine it does not return to 0,0 all the time i had similar problems with the axis overcurrent alarms a while back and the only thing that solved it was to put a heater inside the pcb cabinet i am taking all 3 axis motors of the machine tomorrow to get them tested to try and eliminate them first. thanks

My first thoughts are either a power supply issue including the plug connectors, or bad pcb; mocon or processor.

The fact that you need to heat the electrical cabinet is not good. That should have been your first indicator that something was beginning to fail and was on borrowed time.

This is definitely tough to troubleshoot remotely due to the fact that you have several different issues and several "REPAIR" jobs to various boards that may or may not be a symptom, cause or side effect to the real problem. Many variables to weed through to determine the root cause here.

s00073055 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by haastec View Post
    My first thoughts are either a power supply issue including the plug connectors, or bad pcb; mocon or processor.

The fact that you need to heat the electrical cabinet is not good. That should have been your first indicator that something was beginning to fail and was on borrowed time.

This is definitely tough to troubleshoot remotely due to the fact that you have several different issues and several "REPAIR" jobs to various boards that may or may not be a symptom, cause or side effect to the real problem. Many variables to weed through to determine the root cause here.
    The Y axis motor had alot of carbon buildup the motor and cable look like they have been replaced new in the past as the brush caps were still factory sealed it is still questionable if this would cause the machine to alarm out with the Y axis over current when it was only the spindle that was running at the time of the fault. The Z axis motor requires new brushes and encoder as it is damaged internally also questionable if the new encoder will get rid of the crc lead screw error. The X axis motor is still being looked at if i still have the axis overcurrent alarms and the crc lead screw error after this stage the wiring and power supply will be next on the list.

Hi, I bought a milling machine like your milling machine. Unfortunately, the parameters and all settings have been deleted. It does not run programs. If your machine model is vf-0. Please send me the general parameters and settings of the milling machine so that my machine can work again. Let me start, thanks, dear colleague [1993] vf-0