585,555 active members*
3,044 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > NEED HELP ! Hamai milling center 5VA spindle leaking oil ...

Question NEED HELP ! Hamai milling center 5VA spindle leaking oil ...

Hi every one,
    Could anyone here give me a little help on this Hamai MC-5VA I am overhauling, I am having a massive oil leak thru the ring that holds the lower bearing of the spindle. It only leaks when the spindle is at rest. Does anyone know if there's a seal inside ?

It also looks like to me that I may be pumping too much oil into the gear box. The drain point on the machine is at the bottom of the gear box, but the drain line also goes up and down with the z axis in the cable carrier thing. So when the z axial is sitting low, it causes back flow.

I bought this machine without oil pump unit, so I wasn't sure how the original set up was . Any help would be appreciated. many thanks

Re: NEED HELP ! Hamai milling center 5VA spindle leaking oil ...

Quote Originally Posted by sc112 View Post
    Hi every one,
    Could anyone here give me a little help on this Hamai MC-5VA I am overhauling, I am having a massive oil leak thru the ring that holds the lower bearing of the spindle. It only leaks when the spindle is at rest. Does anyone know if there's a seal inside ?

It also looks like to me that I may be pumping too much oil into the gear box. The drain point on the machine is at the bottom of the gear box, but the drain line also goes up and down with the z axis in the cable carrier thing. So when the z axial is sitting low, it causes back flow.

I bought this machine without oil pump unit, so I wasn't sure how the original set up was . Any help would be appreciated. many thanks
    Hello, I am looking for parameter back up for a Hamai VMC 6VA with fanuc 18M control. I know yours is a different model but if you have an 18M control on it it might be helpful. Could you share or sell your parameters?
    My email addressis [email protected]
    Thank you
    jolulank
    www.doctornumerico.com
    cnc physicians