584,812 active members*
5,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > PP for Camotics/ Buildbotics

PP for Camotics/ Buildbotics

Hi, everybpdy,
    I am tempted to buy a Buildbotics controller/ driver. It runs on camotics, Camotics says it runs a subset if LinuxCNC code. Here is the Camotics Gcode overview: https://camotics.org/gcode.html . Unfortunately, the LinuxCNC code made by Madcam will not run on Camotics. The Buildbotics support has said they could adjust the Madcam PP for me, but I rather not have to do that everytime I update my software. Soo, what PP could I use with Camotics? Or better just use another controller?
    thanks, Maarten

Re: PP for Camotics/ Buildbotics

It might help if you spelled out what a Madcam PP is.

I'm currently making a batch of 10 BuildBotics controllers for some of my own projects. Finding parts is proving to be impossible at the moment, so most of them will sit on the shelf for the next 12 months until things (hopefully) return to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by haiqu View Post
    It might help if you spelled out what a Madcam PP is.
    Oh, absolutely. Madcam is a CAM plugin for Rhnoceros, and what this subforum is about. And PP is the postprocessor that Madcam uses to translate its toolpath into an actual Gcode dialect.

best regards, Maarten

Ah, now it makes sense. Depending on your programming skills, you could hack the postprocessor to output the correct codes for the BuildBotics.

Cheers, Rob

Quote Originally Posted by haiqu View Post
    Ah, now it makes sense. Depending on your programming skills, you could hack the postprocessor to output the correct codes for the BuildBotics.

Cheers, Rob
    My programming skills... I'd rather no go there. Rather pay for a solution that I can trust to work.
    cheers, Maarten