584,829 active members*
4,957 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Conversational DXF Import

Conversational DXF Import

Was going to try out the dxf import into a conversational program today by using the F9/cad key then F1 mill. When I select mill it goes to the next screen and says "unsupported screen". Guessing I need a parameter change somewhere?

Re: Conversational DXF Import

Hi MontyNTenon, did you have the chance to fix this problem?, because we have the same problem after clicking this F9CAD> F1MILL or F2DRILL. our main panel shows "screen unsupported". we have a centurion 6 controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogi_pura View Post
    Hi MontyNTenon, did you have the chance to fix this problem?, because we have the same problem after clicking this F9CAD> F1MILL or F2DRILL. our main panel shows "screen unsupported". we have a centurion 6 controls.

My mill has the SLS version of C6. I'm guessing that's why it doesn't work but I don't know for sure. I never did get it to work.

We have the same control, it is SLS version of Centurion 6 in MB20 Milltronics mill. 3axis SLS CNC 6.3141 FLASH based from the system info i got. this is bad news for us. Do you have any idea which i can import a cad from SLS version? Thanks in advance

i mean any other idea.. very much appreciated sir!

Have you tried emailing Milltronics?

I have a pdf of the sls manual. It doesn't say much about dxf files but...
    Under the parameter settings you can change the CAD type to dxf or CDL for imported files.
    Maybe it's as easy as switching that?

I have it set for dxf but it won't even get to the point of a picking a file.

Morty, Not yet but i am guessing that SLS version has a restrictions compare to a regular program. Looks like there is a port at the side of the panel and it is an old port for the keyboard. are you guys using this? and there is a floppy disk and a RS232 port at the back side of the machine. Can we connect a laptop here and access the drive and the program and work on the laptop although it is an SLS type of version. I am asking this question because maybe i bought the cables and stuff but will not work since it has an SLS? Thank you guys for the reply