585,752 active members*
3,914 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

LAOS, Laser Controller Open Source

This looks interesting WordSolver | Turn Letters into Words!! It is a USB printer driver controller but I have not been able to find the software and instructions, can anyone help?
    The hardware prices looks most reasonable even when taken into account the cost of shipping to the USA.

Edit: Think I have found the answer to my own question, check out visicutcut.org

Re: LAOS, Laser Controller Open Source

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf_K View Post
    This looks interesting TuxIC: Open Source software and hardware projects | TuxIC is a USB printer driver controller but I have not been able to find the software and instructions, can anyone help?
    The hardware prices looks most reasonable even when taken into account the cost of shipping to the USA.

Edit: Think I have found the answer to my own question, check out visicutcut.org
    . I now have all the major parts on order, I was able to get the ARM mbed 1776 from Mouser for only $55 including shipping :-) The total was $139.30 for all of the major parts, the rest resisters, capacitors, transistors, voltage regulator, LED's etc. I have on hand.
    If I have overlooked anything, it couldn't be over $10.00 so the total cost is right at $150.00

So far the only negative thing I have to say about Laos is that they have their information scattered all over the Internet, I was finally able to find a good schematic at the below link:
    http://jeelabs.net/attachments/downl...matic-rev3.pdf

Attachment 230968
    The board size is aprox. 4.8" x 5.3"
    Click for larger picture.
    This looks interesting It is a USB printer driver controller but I have not been able to find the software and instructions, can anyone help?

My Laos PCB boards arrived today, about a week after my order. They look fabulous!

Software info: Software overview - LAOS Laser - LAOS - Laser Open Source
    Hardware info: Webshop | TuxIC

even they sell it? or apology card is recommended?

This looks interesting WordSolver | Turn Letters into Words!! It is a USB printer driver controller but I have not been able to find the software and instructions, can anyone help?

I suggest to use this Word Unscrambler