585,589 active members*
3,014 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma 5020 z-axis issue

Okuma 5020 z-axis issue

When powered&booted the z-axis makes a high frequency whine when the axis is not in use if left long enough the machine alarms out (200-4 alarm-a svp system z-axis 410555) if you try to move the axis before it alarms out a “over diff” alarm pops up.
    I have I spare svpiid board and so I went ahead and swapped them out and there was no improvement I still get the same code what are your guy’s opinions? What would make the motor make a high pitched whine when not even moving the axis? I’ll take as many suggestions you guys might have need to get this okuma running to get some jobs out..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Okuma 5020 z-axis issue

The questions:
    is the movement enabled? If movement disabled - is the sound still there? can you control the movement (speed) by rapid feed rate override knob for instance?
    can you check the z axis diff value?
    If the diff is more than 5.xx, check the z axis encoder cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    The questions:
    is the movement enabled? If movement disabled - is the sound still there? can you control the movement (speed) by rapid feed rate override knob for instance?
    can you check the z axis diff value?
    If the diff is more than 5.xx, check the z axis encoder cables.
    So when movement is enabled it makes the sound when NC alarms out it makes no sound I can use the incremental feed nob and change the values for z location but it doesn’t always move then it gives the diff alarm at 0.04” the encoder cables seems fine in the sense that they are connected, they aren’t burnt or cut and to eliminate the encoder it’s self as the defective piece I swapped it with “x” and the issue remains at the “z” axis
    I manually moved the z axis at the motor and I couldn’t feel or hear any mechanical issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good, because it's easy to check one important part of possible fail. Find the screen where Z axis diff value is displayed and check what it is. Make it move slowly and pay attention to values changing. You can take video. That will show us if signal path "from encoder to drive" is correct.