584,866 active members*
5,179 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 9 of 13 7891011

Re: Help with Novusun NVEM control card

BoB - break out board

finally after hours of poking around with multi meter I got it running !!! now I can control spindle from mach3... there is still one problem I have - I cant see the spindle speed in Mach3... I know it has to connect to INDEX from somewhere. But did not managed yet to find out how to read it.

I have noticed earlier in this thread (and most everywhere else on the net) that users of the NVEM / NVUM boards are having issues with getting a relay (for switching a router or vacuum for example) to operate from the outputs. I too have gained several grey hairs in the process. I finally realized (thanks to similar difficulty with a LM393 opamp) that the outputs on my board - NVEM V2 - are in fact open collector! In other words, for those who are not versed in "electronics speak", the output is "floating" until it is pulled to ground when the output is ON.
    The solution then was to put a 10kOhm resistor between the output pin and 12V (from external power supply as the 12V supplies on the board are only rated for 50mA each). Now when the output is off in Mach3 or when the controller is off, the pin is at 12V. When the output is on in Mach the pin is at ground. All that was needed now was a simple transistor switch (NPN) to toggle the relay.
    The diagram in the NVEM manual showing a direct connection with a relay, is totally misleading and would never work. Perhaps if you connected one leg to an output pin and the other to 12V it might work, provided that the relay draws no more than 50mA, but I doubt that such a thing even exists.
    If anyone needs the PCB for the relay module, I would be happy to post the G-codes for isolation-routing with a 30 degree V bit and then drilling it.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicFlame008 View Post
    I have noticed earlier in this thread (and most everywhere else on the net) that users of the NVEM / NVUM boards are having issues with getting a relay (for switching a router or vacuum for example) to operate from the outputs. I too have gained several grey hairs in the process. I finally realized (thanks to similar difficulty with a LM393 opamp) that the outputs on my board - NVEM V2 - are in fact open collector! In other words, for those who are not versed in "electronics speak", the output is "floating" until it is pulled to ground when the output is ON.
    The solution then was to put a 10kOhm resistor between the output pin and 12V (from external power supply as the 12V supplies on the board are only rated for 50mA each). Now when the output is off in Mach3 or when the controller is off, the pin is at 12V. When the output is on in Mach the pin is at ground. All that was needed now was a simple transistor switch (NPN) to toggle the relay.
    The diagram in the NVEM manual showing a direct connection with a relay, is totally misleading and would never work. Perhaps if you connected one leg to an output pin and the other to 12V it might work, provided that the relay draws no more than 50mA, but I doubt that such a thing even exists.
    If anyone needs the PCB for the relay module, I would be happy to post the G-codes for isolation-routing with a 30 degree V bit and then drilling it.
    Just a quick correction to the above: looking at the diagram in the NVEM manual again, there is indeed a battery between Gnd and the relay. If I had looked better the problem would not have existed.
    I am also right now working on a solution to the homing/limits issue with the NVEM/NVUM involving a microprocessor. Basically it will provide seperate signals for homing and limits and will also disable limits while they are tripped to enable jogging off afterwards. Waiting for the developer to fix the driver seems futile.

from what I saw in default mach3 setup was giving me 10v on indle on spindle control, and when you switch spindle on it starts going down to 0v and that actually kills the spindle... so - poked around and found where to reverse output signal on mach3, so now idle is 0v and max speed is 10v and all works ok. as well from chinglish manual (in fact downloaded the chinese version and user google translate and it actually was more understandable then chinglish in manual) I understood that you need hall sensor on spindle to read out the speed... so far made 3 3d maps and apart of some mechanical issue on my rig (I have 3x bigger spindle on so I have Z axis issue probably due to weight) nwem actually works pretty ok for me.

Hi everyone,
    Sorry for my english.
    I have a CNC machine with the LPT port control card. It is work perfect but I need modify it to the Ethernet interface.

I bought the NVEM V2 board. But some functions works very strange.
    Sometimes the eStop input mixed the polarity and the Slow Zone near Home position does not work.

I would like to ask you for the last version of NVEM dll.
    Is it possible? Please email me if yes....
    Just hope that this version is better than original driver.

Also there was a problem with the connection to the laptop - IP address was unknown. The supplier and manufacturer did not attached the information. Now the problem with the connection is solved.

Little bit info for those who have a problem with unknown IP address.
    The better way to know the IP - is a connection to the router. (Not to laptop).
    Your router should be set to 192.168.1.*** range of addresses.
    But there is a differences with the manual from manufacturer.
    The manufacturer wrote that you need set up the range of connection from 192.168.1.10 till 192.168.1.99.
    But really you need open the range to 192.168.1.10 till 192.168.1.250.
    In this case I have found the IP address of my card - 192.168.1.105
    For it you need any free LAN IP scanner utility on your computer.
    You will see all devices in the your LAN. After this you can set up the direct connection to the laptop with the known address.

Nikolay.

I don't think anybody ever got slow zones, slave axis and soft limits to work on NVEM v1 or v2 .
    They never had any intention to fix the issues and will never fix them, they just sell and hide.... Unless one day someone finally manage to find the manufacturer physical address, take a plane and painfully sodomize him(with no slow zone) with an NVEM board.... if you need those features, your best bet is to get a refund and buy a better board.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kkol View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Sorry for my english.
    I have a CNC machine with the LPT port control card. It is work perfect but I need modify it to the Ethernet interface.

I bought the NVEM V2 board. But some functions works very strange.
    Sometimes the eStop input mixed the polarity and the Slow Zone near Home position does not work.

I would like to ask you for the last version of NVEM dll.
    Is it possible? Please email me if yes....
    Just hope that this version is better than original driver.

Also there was a problem with the connection to the laptop - IP address was unknown. The supplier and manufacturer did not attached the information. Now the problem with the connection is solved.

Little bit info for those who have a problem with unknown IP address.
    The better way to know the IP - is a connection to the router. (Not to laptop).
    Your router should be set to 192.168.1.*** range of addresses.
    But there is a differences with the manual from manufacturer.
    The manufacturer wrote that you need set up the range of connection from 192.168.1.10 till 192.168.1.99.
    But really you need open the range to 192.168.1.10 till 192.168.1.250.
    In this case I have found the IP address of my card - 192.168.1.105
    For it you need any free LAN IP scanner utility on your computer.
    You will see all devices in the your LAN. After this you can set up the direct connection to the laptop with the known address.

Nikolay.

Quote Originally Posted by miky4u2 View Post
    Unless one day someone finally manage to find the manufacturer physical address, take a plane and painfully sodomize him(with no slow zone) with an NVEM board....
    Nice variant.
    I read too many forums about this problem. Everywhere the same situation.
    I spoke with the manufacturer of my CNC machine (here in Russia). They are speak that NVEM works nicely for the high speed cutting. The machine works very smoothly at 200kHz mode.

Ok. Will work with LPT port.

Best regards, Nikolay.

They work good if you don't need the missing feature, I use an NVEM V1 , i don't have slave axis and don't use soft limits and slow zones, just hard limits with switches.

Miky

Quote Originally Posted by Kkol View Post
    Nice variant.
    I read too many forums about this problem. Everywhere the same situation.
    I spoke with the manufacturer of my CNC machine (here in Russia). They are speak that NVEM works nicely for the high speed cutting. The machine works very smoothly at 200kHz mode.

Ok. Will work with LPT port.

Best regards, Nikolay.

Hi check out a video I made on youtube about connecting the NVUM Novusun and Huanyang VDS to Mach 3 and spindle. If this doesn't help you need more info thats in the NVUM manual which you can find with a quick google search. Otherwise send me a message.

Hi check out my youtube video
    If this doesn't help make sure you've gone through the NVUM manual which is on their site.
    Message me if you need further help

NVEM is PNP circuit,It can only connect with PNP type switches.
    And NVEM cannot connect with a solid relay directly, the solid relay need power to work.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDream View Post
    NVEM is PNP circuit,It can only connect with PNP type switches.
    And NVEM cannot connect with a solid relay directly, the solid relay need power to work.
    DigitalDream? Did we actually get the developer to chime in here? Maybe we can get information on how to obtain a working plugin. For me at least, the outputs have been solved (I run NVEM V2). The issues that for me are unresolved are the following:
    1. Cannot use limit switches for homing as well. About 50% of the time it will hit the limit and do an emergency stop, thus interrupting the homing sequence.
    2. About 50% of the time G31 runs right past the probe and ignores it's signal, making G31 too unreliable to be useful.

Other than these 2 issues, I should be fair and say that this controller works very well. As a replacement for my previous controller (PlanetCNC USB MK1) it is much smoother and probably at least 5 times faster.

Yes we are developer.
    For your problem,I think the problems maybe from interference.NVEM V2 works bad on interferences.
    Our new version try to solved the problem of the interferences.
    If you can leave your email I will send you plugin and configuration information.
    You can use the new Plugin to test again.

Sorry I was busy these days.I will try to go on CNCZONE everyday to solve the problems.

Hi,
    last year I bought a 5 axis NVEM (first model) controller form my custom CNC machine.
    I managed to get it work with Mach3 pretty well with a plugin I found on internet (v2.0a, I can upload if you want).
    However I can't use Home Offset in Homing/Limits setting in Mach3: whatever offset I put in the box, by pressing ref all axis, all machine coords are always set to 0.
    Do you think this problem can be related to driver issues already reported?
    May I have the new driver in order to test it?

Thanks
    Last edited by Le89; 11-28-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Good evening,

I'm new here but I've been following this forum for some time. I would like someone to get me the latest dll for NVEM, so I can fix the softlimits problem

Pls see the attaching file.
    it is the DLL file, if you use the dll file pls follow the configuration of EC500.
    Because EC500 is updated from NVEM V2,they can share the same dll file.

Welcome more questions.

Digital Dream

I use NVEM V1 (3pcs) and driver :
    Product Version: 4.0.0.1
    Original name: Novusun_V4.dll

I have problems with limit SW, Probe, Subs Call, M3 and M5 timing on my plasma cuter.

Any new driver or sugestion??

Tnx

Pero

Exclamation Re: Help with Novusun NVEM control card

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDream View Post
    Pls see the attaching file.
    it is the DLL file, if you use the dll file pls follow the configuration of EC500.
    Because EC500 is updated from NVEM V2,they can share the same dll file.

Welcome more questions.

Digital Dream

Hello Huan Chen, I tried to send you a private message but they are diasbled for you.
    I'd like to know more on your MPG LCD controller: NVMPG WITH LCD with serial connection (https://www.nvcnc.net/NVMPG1.jpg).
    Which product is compatible with it??
    Is there any documentation about serial communication to and from this device?

Thank you very much!!!!
    Max

Hi

I have got me a Novusun NVEM to. First I had also problems to connect on Windows 10. The only problem with thad was, Windows don't recognise the NVEM as a private network member, so Mach3 has to be allowd access to the public network.
    Here is how I tested the controller.

Page 9 of 13 7891011