584,829 active members*
4,837 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Problem with table DMU 60P

Hi everyone!

I own a 1999 Deckel Maho DMU60P (5axis table/table).

I have a problem with the table. Table moves freely 0.25mm, this also manifests itself during processing, most often during drilling, and I can also move it with my hands (I will attach a video).

At the same time, the axis of rotation and tilt work properly, but due to the backlash, it is almost impossible to process parts.

If someone faced this problem and could help, at least suggest in which direction to move. Perhaps someone has a technical manual.

Perhaps it is necessary to dismantle the table, if so, how to do it correctly without damaging anything.

I will be glad for any help.

Thank you in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by CncFan01 View Post
    Hi everyone!

I own a 1999 Deckel Maho DMU60P (5axis table/table).

I have a problem with the table. Table moves freely 0.25mm, this also manifests itself during processing, most often during drilling, and I can also move it with my hands (I will attach a video).

At the same time, the axis of rotation and tilt work properly, but due to the backlash, it is almost impossible to process parts.

If someone faced this problem and could help, at least suggest in which direction to move. Perhaps someone has a technical manual.

Perhaps it is necessary to dismantle the table, if so, how to do it correctly without damaging anything.

I will be glad for any help.

Thank you in advance!
    I suspect you have wear in the worm wheel drive, if the free play is constant around 360 degrees, it may only be end float in the worm shaft and could be adjustable. If it's free play in various areas around the 360, it could be the worm wheel and an expensive repair, a replacement.

Check the final drive shaft for end float and free play around the table rotation.

Do the same check on with the indicator on the end of the wormshaft (final pulley).

Re: Problem with table DMU 60P

Thanks for the answer! I will try. If anyone else has any ideas, I'd be happy to read it.

Thanks for the answer! I will try. If anyone else has any ideas, I'd be happy to read it.
    Another thought.
    Being a German machine, I know they often fit adjustable worm shafts (Gewindeschnecke). They need special tools to adjust and can only be turned one way to reduce backlash in the system, over adjustment can cause damage.

Re: Problem with table DMU 60P

I also have a question about dismantling the table to know how it is done in case of some kind of incident.

If someone had experience in removing this kind of tables, tell me if there are any nuances in dismantling.

If I unscrew 12 bolts in a circle and 4 in the center and carefully lift the table (I will attach a photo), will I be able to lift it without damaging anything inside the table. It's interesting to hear how it's done.

Perhaps someone has drawings or a technical manual for these machines. It would be useful for me too.

Thanks again!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails table.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

I also have a question about dismantling the table to know how it is done in case of some kind of incident.

If someone had experience in removing this kind of tables, tell me if there are any nuances in dismantling.

If I unscrew 12 bolts in a circle and 4 in the center and carefully lift the table (I will attach a photo), will I be able to lift it without damaging anything inside the table. It's interesting to hear how it's done.

Perhaps someone has drawings or a technical manual for these machines. It would be useful for me too.

Thanks again!
    You cannot remove a worm and wheel table without first removing the wormshaft.

Worm wheels almost always have a curved face cut into the wheel to give maximum surface area contact and reduce wear.

Don't try and lift the table without first removing the wormshaft.

You may also need to disconnect the encoder and / or a rotary coupling under the table.

You really need a drawing.