584,833 active members*
5,612 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Rattmotor VFD = Huanyang?

Rattmotor VFD = Huanyang?

Are Rattmotor just a rebranding of Huanyangs or just using the same case please?

Just looking at a replacement VFD and came across this
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/RATTMMOTOR-.../dp/B08PV1GD4C

Similarties to Huanyang HY Range are obvious but there's defintely more exposed heatsinks - though this may be a newer Huanyang design than our old 223B

Quick aside, does anyone understand the main differerences between the HY and YL range please?

Re: Rattmotor VFD = Huanyang?

Quote Originally Posted by richmondmakerlabs View Post
    Are Rattmotor just a rebranding of Huanyangs or just using the same case please?

Just looking at a replacement VFD and came across this
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/RATTMMOTOR-.../dp/B08PV1GD4C

Similarties to Huanyang HY Range are obvious but there's defintely more exposed heatsinks - though this may be a newer Huanyang design than our old 223B

Quick aside, does anyone understand the main differerences between the HY and YL range please?
    Don't even consider the YL VFD Drives HY is a much better VFD Drive if you have a genuine one

I don't know what Rattmotor has to do with HY is just a name that I would not trust.

The 3Kw HY has the same Heat sink as you are showing, the 2.2Kw does not show the Heat sink which you are most likely comparing it to.

Just look for the Genuine HY 3Kw
    Mactec54

Thanks for coming back on this.
    Whilst I suspect you're right on both cases can I just say that, with no intention to be rude, you've given your opinion on on the series and the brand.
    I appreciate that, but you don't give any reasons as to why?

The GT model seems to be better than the HY, so why not that?
    What's the difference in the YL that you don't like. Specific useful functions? General build quality?

Is there a reason you don't trust Rattmotor- due to experience, or just haven't come across them before?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by richmondmakerlabs View Post
    Thanks for coming back on this.
    Whilst I suspect you're right on both cases can I just say that, with no intention to be rude, you've given your opinion on on the series and the brand.
    I appreciate that, but you don't give any reasons as to why?

The GT model seems to be better than the HY, so why not that?
    What's the difference in the YL that you don't like. Specific useful functions? General build quality?

Is there a reason you don't trust Rattmotor- due to experience, or just haven't come across them before?

Cheers
    The HYGT is a better VFD Drive than the regular HY VFD Drive in many ways, has more features as well, it uses a IGBT module where the regular HY VFD does not, the GT is more robust.

The YL is not a user friendly VFD Drive, and many users have had setup problems, as with many other VFD Drives also, which I have helped with.

Rattmotor build quality has been their problem. apart from that they are as good as most of the low-cost spindles, G-Penny being one of the best. built low-cost spindles.

I have repaired most spindle brands so have a good understanding of the different spindles, and what you can expect from them, same for the VFD Drives I repair as well.

I have not repaired many VFD Drives in the last 2 years, because they are so cheap to buy, so won't repair them as my cost-plus shipping, can be more than buying a new one.
    Mactec54