584,814 active members*
5,293 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Y axis home issue

After resolving a x axis issue i can jog normally on x and y. When calibrating machine calibrates z and x but fails to back off of the y limt and throws an encoder fault for y. Limit switch will register triggering on plus and minus portion of the switch. Machine ran fine untill x axis had issues. Now it cannot calibrate due to new fault.

Apperently it will calibrate fine if i invert the logic on the y axis. Is this in the limit switch or on the conector for the amp from the limit switch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandvet03 View Post
    After resolving a x axis issue i can jog normally on x and y. When calibrating machine calibrates z and x but fails to back off of the y limt and throws an encoder fault for y. Limit switch will register triggering on plus and minus portion of the switch. Machine ran fine untill x axis had issues. Now it cannot calibrate due to new fault.

Re: Y axis home issue

What machine do you have? If +y and -y are shown on the screen it is the limit switch, on most machine1995 and new are all that I am familiar with. sounds like it is hitting both the plungers at the same time.

97 hawk 5m. For some reason it only calibrates with the y axis coordinate system inverted in the controler logic.
    Cleaned and tore down/rebuilt the limit switch starting to think the inputs from the limit to the drive amp are flipped
    Quote Originally Posted by powerr View Post
    What machine do you have? If +y and -y are shown on the screen it is the limit switch, on most machine1995 and new are all that I am familiar with. sounds like it is hitting both the plungers at the same time.