584,846 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

6040 CNC VFD settings?

I have a 6040 CNC with the VFD and control box as shown in the attached photo. (mine has PRT-E1500W written above the LED display).
    Can anyone tell me what the program settings are for this VSD?
    I can't get the spindle to spin and I'm hoping that I may have accidently altered on of the settings.
    The codes are selected as a 'd000' type entry ('d' followed by 3 numerals) and then the number can be changed for that code.

Here is what I have copied down from my VSD:
    VFD settings

d000 = 50.0
    d001 = 0
    d002 = 000
    d003 = 00.00
    d004 = 220.00
    d005 = 00.0
    d006 = 110.00
    d007 = 00.50
    d008 = 001.7
    d009 = 00.00
    d010 = 00.10
    d011 to d018 = 10.00
    d019 = 01.00
    d020 = 10.00
    d021 = 50.00
    d022 = 0
    d023 to d030 = 0000
    d031 = 004
    d032 = 001
    d033 to d036 = 0
    d037 = 004
    d038 = 001
    d039 = 000
    d040 = 100.0
    d041 to d043 = 0
    d044 = 030.0
    d045 = 030
    d046 to d050 = 0

Re: 6040 CNC VFD settings?

Quote Originally Posted by RoddQLD View Post
    I have a 6040 CNC with the VFD and control box as shown in the attached photo. (mine has PRT-E1500W written above the LED display).
    Can anyone tell me what the program settings are for this VSD?
    I can't get the spindle to spin and I'm hoping that I may have accidently altered on of the settings.
    The codes are selected as a 'd000' type entry ('d' followed by 3 numerals) and then the number can be changed for that code.

Here is what I have copied down from my VSD:
    VFD settings

d000 = 50.0
    d001 = 0
    d002 = 000
    d003 = 00.00
    d004 = 220.00
    d005 = 00.0
    d006 = 110.00
    d007 = 00.50
    d008 = 001.7
    d009 = 00.00
    d010 = 00.10
    d011 to d018 = 10.00
    d019 = 01.00
    d020 = 10.00
    d021 = 50.00
    d022 = 0
    d023 to d030 = 0000
    d031 = 004
    d032 = 001
    d033 to d036 = 0
    d037 = 004
    d038 = 001
    d039 = 000
    d040 = 100.0
    d041 to d043 = 0
    d044 = 030.0
    d045 = 030
    What is the manufacturers name of the VFD, you will have to open the case to see that and what size spindle do you have
    Mactec54

The unit has a warranty seal on the lid of the control box, so I am reluctant to open it (at this stage, just in case it's a warranty claim).
    The spindle is 0.8 kw water cooled spindle.
    If someone has the same control box as the one in the photo, and has the marking above the LED display (PRT-E1500W) and the same style of program code ('d' followed by three numbers) they might be able to note down the codes for me to compare with what I have in mine.

Thank you for your response.

The unit has a warranty seal on the lid of the control box, so I am reluctant to open it (at this stage, just in case it's a warranty claim).
    The spindle is 0.8 kw water cooled spindle.
    If someone has the same control box as the one in the photo, and has the marking above the LED display (PRT-E1500W) and the same style of program code ('d' followed by three numbers) they might be able to note down the codes for me to compare with what I have in mine.

Thank you for your response.
    You have no warranty, contact the seller and ask for a PDF file for the VFD, and Post it here, I could give you some numbers but from your list it's a bit of a risk, if you don't set the right Parameters, then you could fry the spindle motor or the VFD

The number PRT-E750 is what is on the front keypad, does not match any of the more than 60 VFD manuals I have, Spindle spec's are no problem

You will have to open your control box to check that the VFD is Grounded most are not, and this you have to correct/do
    Mactec54

Thanks for your reply. My item has a 2 year warranty from the importer.
    My spindle worked correctly from the front control panel when I first set it up. I may have accidentally changed a part of the program while I was setting it up to configure the axis controls and to have it operate with Mach3.
    I have contacted the importer/seller noting the problem that everything works except the spindle and have sent them a video of how I operate the machine as well as a screen print of each setting page. I have also given them the VFD settings that I have in my VFD so that they can check if they are correct and haven't been changed. They have been passed on to their technician so I wait. The seller has been very responsive and has replied to all my messages every time although there has been the odd misunderstanding.
    I see that there are some members here that have the same control box with PRT-E1500W written above the LED display (not PRT-750). If I can get a copy of the codes for that VFD then I may be able to compare and see what I may have altered.

My spindle worked correctly from the front control panel when I first set it up. I may have accidentally changed a part of the program while I was setting it up to configure the axis controls and to have it operate with Mach3.
    I have contacted the importer/seller noting the problem that everything works except the spindle and have sent them a video of how I operate the machine as well as a screen print of each setting page. I have also given them the VFD settings that I have in my VFD so that they can check if they are correct and haven't been changed. They have been passed on to their technician so I wait. The seller has been very responsive and has replied to all my messages every time although there has been the odd misunderstanding.
    I see that there are some members here that have the same control box with PRT-E1500W written above the LED display (not PRT-750). If I can get a copy of the codes for that VFD then I may be able to compare and see what I may have altered.
    There is no such thing as a 2 year warranty, that would be honored in any way, that is just a way to get more sales, there warranty is as good as the paper it is written on, the number on the Key pad is what the VFD is, this key pad is from the front of the VFD Drive, the photo you posted is clear what the number is, PRT-750, unless this is not your photo, you need the name/manufacturer of the VFD then I could give you the correct Parameters, what you did that changed the Parameters was a Reset of the VFD and the Parameters are now at the Factory Default, which is not suitable for your spindle to run
    Mactec54

As written in my first post "I have a 6040 CNC with the VFD and control box as shown in the attached photo. (mine has PRT-E1500W written above the LED display)."

I made sure that I didn't import my CNC machine and bought it from an Australian seller/importer because if it is sold within Australia it is covered by Australian consumer laws.
    We have a Department of fair trading that enforces consumer rights. I have been involved with them before and they can be very serious people when you are on the wrong side of them and my business was located 300 km's away from our major city. There is a minimum warranty period for all new goods sold in Australia. Ultimately, it doesn't matter at this stage as I am only asking that someone can jot down (or compare) the settings that I have given.
    As an electrician and computer technician I am happy to evaluate whether the settings may apply. If someone gives me the settings from the same machine and only one setting appears out of whack then I have something to work with.
    At the moment I have a brand new machine sitting here that I cannot use at all and it may just be due to one of those settings.

As written in my first post "I have a 6040 CNC with the VFD and control box as shown in the attached photo. (mine has PRT-E1500W written above the LED display)."

I made sure that I didn't import my CNC machine and bought it from an Australian seller/importer because if it is sold within Australia it is covered by Australian consumer laws.
    We have a Department of fair trading that enforces consumer rights. I have been involved with them before and they can be very serious people when you are on the wrong side of them and my business was located 300 km's away from our major city. There is a minimum warranty period for all new goods sold in Australia. Ultimately, it doesn't matter at this stage as I am only asking that someone can jot down (or compare) the settings that I have given.
    As an electrician and computer technician I am happy to evaluate whether the settings may apply. If someone gives me the settings from the same machine and only one setting appears out of whack then I have something to work with.
    At the moment I have a brand new machine sitting here that I cannot use at all and it may just be due to one of those settings.
    It would be good if people posted the whole story, that you brought it in Australia from an importer, why has he not been able to help you, it should be just a phone call, usually if you imported the machine which I thought you had done, you have to send everything back to China to get a clam and the cost for Shipping is on the Buyer

Being an Electrician, you should want to be checking the Earth/Ground wire from your main supply in to the control cabinet, to the VFD and then the VFD to the Spindle, most don't have this so this is something you will have to check, and to check this you will have to open the cabinet, everyone that buys one of these machines has to do this, so get permission from your importer to do this

No what I see with the settings you posted there are many wrong Parameters, but not knowing what VFD manufacturer you have, I'm no prepared to say which one's to change, as some VFD Drives have different Parameter levels, and what you are showing I don't believe are from the right level

A wrong Parameter setting with these spindles and you will fry them, that is why it is important to find a PDF for the VFD and then it's a walk in the park, all the Base and main Hz Parameters will be set to 400 as what I can see in what you posted are set at Default 50Hz this will fry the spindle
    Mactec54

This was from my second post (also stating that mine has PRT-E1500W written above the display.
    "If someone has the same control box as the one in the photo, and has the marking above the LED display (PRT-E1500W) and the same style of program code ('d' followed by three numbers) they might be able to note down the codes for me to compare with what I have in mine."

AT this stage I don't want to open the box and avoid the warranty. As an electrician if I blow something up I will repair or replace it.

WTF? You received no manual at all?????

I would have sent back that box immediately. Without a manual you will not be able to keep in in the long run, you will eventually fry the controller or the spindle or both, so the first thing I'd do is DEMAND the seller to give me a manual. If he can't provide that within reasonable time (1-2 weeks) I'd claim my money back. 100% of the costs + shipping and whatever else is paid (import duties or other charges).

Experimenting without manual will only result in failure unless you are lucky, so in my opinion, no point continuing without a manual. Perhaps it is already fried, but now that you have even admitted the seller that you have changed things and the box is no longer working, he will say that YOU fried it, it is your fault and that the warranty is no longer valid. So, in my opinion you should contact the seller once again, give him one week to send you a solution proposal for the right settings AND the manual so that in the future you can fix it on your own. If he is not delivering you must claim your money back including shipping costs back to him, BEFORE shipping it back to him. Otherwise you will never see your money or the box again, no matter how well organized the Australian consumer protection is.

BTW, I agree with Mactec54, your parameters seems to be totally wrong, it looks like it is set up for 50Hz motor, but in my opinion, they look wrong even for that. Note that you cant just change every "50" to "400", that would probably not be a good idea unless you really know that you have to do it. There are other parameters also, like maximum current, RPM, power and so on. So, without a manual or another person having an identical box, I don't think you have a big chance of fixing this, especially since you don't seem to remember what you have changed and from which value.

Look what I found by searching eBay:

USB Port CNC Router 6040T Graviermaschine Fräsmaschine 1500W Spindlemotor VFD | eBay

Here is another one:

4Axis CNC Router 3040T Graviermaschine Fräsmaschine 800W Spindlemotor VFD Engrav | eBay

Is this your machine? Contact the seller and ask if you can get a manual.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    WTF? You received no manual at all?????

I would have sent back that box immediately. Without a manual you will not be able to keep in in the long run, you will eventually fry the controller or the spindle or both, so the first thing I'd do is DEMAND the seller to give me a manual. If he can't provide that within reasonable time (1-2 weeks) I'd claim my money back. 100% of the costs + shipping and whatever else is paid (import duties or other charges).

Experimenting without manual will only result in failure unless you are lucky, so in my opinion, no point continuing without a manual. Perhaps it is already fried, but now that you have even admitted the seller that you have changed things and the box is no longer working, he will say that YOU fried it, it is your fault and that the warranty is no longer valid. So, in my opinion you should contact the seller once again, give him one week to send you a solution proposal for the right settings AND the manual so that in the future you can fix it on your own. If he is not delivering you must claim your money back including shipping costs back to him, BEFORE shipping it back to him. Otherwise you will never see your money or the box again, no matter how well organized the Australian consumer protection is.

BTW, I agree with Mactec54, your parameters seems to be totally wrong, it looks like it is set up for 50Hz motor, but in my opinion, they look wrong even for that. Note that you cant just change every "50" to "400", that would probably not be a good idea unless you really know that you have to do it. There are other parameters also, like maximum current, RPM, power and so on. So, without a manual or another person having an identical box, I don't think you have a big chance of fixing this, especially since you don't seem to remember what you have changed and from which value.

Look what I found by searching eBay:

USB Port CNC Router 6040T Graviermaschine Fräsmaschine 1500W Spindlemotor VFD | eBay

Here is another one:

4Axis CNC Router 3040T Graviermaschine Fräsmaschine 800W Spindlemotor VFD Engrav | eBay

Is this your machine? Contact the seller and ask if you can get a manual.
    I'm not sure why you think that I didn't get the manual. I got all the manuals needed to run the CNC. I didn't get a document that explains the settings for the VFD because usually it is not needed. I thought that I may have accidentally changed the settings for the VFD (the manual actually tells you not to change them.. because it is not recommended to fiddle with the VFD settings). I may not have changed the settings also.. but it doesn't hurt to ask just in case someone can actually help with what I am asking.
    In this thread I only asked for someone who has the same control box with the same display to send post their settings.. nothing else!
    Yes, I have been talking to the people that I bought the machine off. They have been very very helpful and have been responding to my every message. I have not had a problem other than some miscommunication (same as here).
    Today they forwarded on a manual for the VFD and I am going through it, but it will take time.
    I also now have another person helping me but I have been referred to another forum.
    Relax... it is a work in progress. There is a lot of fuss about things that I haven't asked for. I appreciate any help but I'm finding that I am spending a lot of time defending. I'm not sure how you can tell me the settings are wrong if you don't own the same machine, or don't know the VFD, etc.
    If I need to take the cover off then I will, if I need to make a warranty claim then I will. If I need to replace parts then I will... I just haven't needed to do that as yet.

I'm not sure why you think that I didn't get the manual. I got all the manuals needed to run the CNC. I didn't get a document that explains the settings for the VFD because usually it is not needed. I thought that I may have accidentally changed the settings for the VFD (the manual actually tells you not to change them.. because it is not recommended to fiddle with the VFD settings). I may not have changed the settings also.. but it doesn't hurt to ask just in case someone can actually help with what I am asking.
    In this thread I only asked for someone who has the same control box with the same display to send post their settings.. nothing else!
    Yes, I have been talking to the people that I bought the machine off. They have been very very helpful and have been responding to my every message. I have not had a problem other than some miscommunication (same as here).
    Today they forwarded on a manual for the VFD and I am going through it, but it will take time.
    I also now have another person helping me but I have been referred to another forum.
    Relax... it is a work in progress. There is a lot of fuss about things that I haven't asked for. I appreciate any help but I'm finding that I am spending a lot of time defending. I'm not sure how you can tell me the settings are wrong if you don't own the same machine, or don't know the VFD, etc.
    If I need to take the cover off then I will, if I need to make a warranty claim then I will. If I need to replace parts then I will... I just haven't needed to do that as yet.
    "Relax"? I am perfectly relaxed. Sorry I misunderstood your thread, I thought you had a PROBLEM and I and Mactec tried to HELP you out. Apparently this is not the case, so I am sorry I wasted my time in trying to find the manual on the Internet and figure out what was wrong with YOUR settings.

Never mind...

Today they forwarded on a manual for the VFD and I am going through it, but it will take time..
    Then Post the VFD manual, so you can help other's that have this same VFD, it would take me about 5 minutes to have what Parameters you need to set, unless you have done hundreds of these setup you will be only guessing what parameters to set, even though you now have the VFD manual

There is a lot of fuss about things that I haven't asked for. I appreciate any help but I'm finding that I am spending a lot of time defending. I'm not sure how you can tell me the settings are wrong if you don't own the same machine, or don't know the VFD, etc.
    How we can tell that the Parameter list you posted is incorrect, is by knowing what is need to safely run these 400Hz spindles, and there is no Parameters in the list that make any sense except the 220V setting

As I said you being an Electrician should be more concerned than anyone as far as the Earth/Grounding of your machine is, I was just giving you a Heads up of what is needed to be checked on these machines

Looking at your control Box you could check the Earth/Grounding without opening it, through the input and output plugs, you should of already figured this out, check the spindle pin #4 is Ground to the Body of the Spindle most are not and have to be corrected
    Mactec54

All I have asked for is that if anyone has the same machine controller as I have shown in the picture (except that it should have PRT-E1500W) that they note down the VFD settings, or compare their settings to mine so that I can evaluate whether mine has an incorrect setting. If a setting doesn't look right then I can investigate further.
    That is all I have asked for within the first few posts. Nothing else.

All I have asked for is that if anyone has the same machine controller as I have shown in the picture (except that it should have PRT-E1500W) that they note down the VFD settings, or compare their settings to mine so that I can evaluate whether mine has an incorrect setting. If a setting doesn't look right then I can investigate further.
    That is all I have asked for within the first few posts. Nothing else.
    Most that buy these machines would not be able to check what Parameter, are set in there VFD, and would not know how to even go about getting them, they to could mess up there settings very easy

So you posted a photo of a different control cabinet, your cabinet has a 1500w VFD the one you posted has a 750w, the Parameter settings would be almost the same, so now that you have the PDF for the VFD you should be running, post the PDF for the VFD and I will give you the Parameters you need to set

What don't you get, you have to check your machine Grounds, this is the first thing everyone does when they buy one of these machines, some have Grounding in place some do not

From there machine spec's

Spindle motor

tips:

1,The spindle motor must connect with the VFD.

2,It cannot directly connect with the supply voltage (AC110V/220V).

3,Please don’t change the data setting of the VFD if you are not professional technicians, or it might damage the spindle motor.
    Mactec54

All I have asked for is what I have asked for.
    I have already clarified a few times that the photo is the same as mine except for the PRT-E1500W.
    If someone can help with what I have asked then I would make sure that I am dealing with the right machine and then I would consider that information
    I am not asking for anything else!
    What don't you get?

Problem solved. It was an error in the VFD settings as expected.
    Corrected with the aid of the VFD manual, and the help of another member with the same machine.
    My machine is now working properly with no problems.

Problem solved. It was an error in the VSD settings as expected.
    Corrected with the aid of the VSD manual, and the help of another member with the same machine.
    That's good that you are up and running,

You don't have a VSD you have a VFD, there is a big difference between the 2 Drives, I also now have the manual, for this JD VFD drive, and it's as I said just needed to change some of the Parameters, from the list you posted
    Mactec54

Typo's in my last post have been corrected.

Be aware that there are plenty of settings in the machine that are different to the defaults as shown in the manual.

Problem solved. It was an error in the VFD settings as expected.
    Corrected with the aid of the VFD manual, and the help of another member with the same machine.

Im having a hell of a time getting any useful information from the ebay seller and have to open the box back up today to check the spindle controller

Care to share the manual?

Page 1 of 3 123