584,800 active members*
4,822 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > Has anyone bought the new Patriot 4x8 CNC plasma cutting table from Precision Plasma

Has anyone bought the new Patriot 4x8 CNC plasma cutting table from Precision Plasma

Any info would be great I'm new to this and don't want to make a 9000 dollar mistake.
    Is this a true industrial table and has anyone already bought this model yet?
    Thanks Don

It appears to be very similar to the table I built with Ron's HDB kit. Looking at it, it is a very good table, and you wont be dissapointed. If that was available when I purchased my kit, I would probably have that machine now.

Yes I currently own one and is a very top notch table! Very strong and preforms very well! I opted to get the dual mount for the router and scribe along with the rotary chuck also! You will not be disappointed at all!

Do you have any videos of this table in action. Would love to see it at work. Since I am wanting to buy one.

no videos as of yet but hopefully will some soon!

I just ordered one with a scribe set-up, snap cut magnetic break away, powermax 65, ect. Once I get it up and running (month of two?) I'll let you know how it runs, but from what I can see it looks like a decent table. I liked the bulltear rails better, but this just made more sense for me now.

What kind of plasma machine are you running and is it with a hand torch or machine torch?
    How it the cut quality especially the corners and other difficult cutting areas also how much clean up is there I know it will probably depend on the part but overall.
    Last question would you buy one again? Thanks Don

I'm running a hypertherm Powermax 65. I would love to comment on the table but I haven't gotten it yet, I think Tensor had some slow downs and is back logged. I havent heard a ton from them though either. I paid for it a few weeks ago, and that about all I know... I will update when/if it shows up

The table designs from Precision Plasma are very well thought out and are designed for entry level machine builds....generally using the electronics, drives, motors, cables and software from www.candcnc.com. They will produce a very sturdy, well performing machine.

Industrial grade machines however are a different level of cutting machines....typically designed for high production, 3 shift a day cutting, with a usable life (under these conditions) of 20 years or so. Industrial cnc plasma's are also different than air plasma's......they use gases such as oxygen, argon/hydrogen, nitrogen, etc. and high definition torch technology to cut at high speeds, with extreme quality and low operating cost. A typical 10 x 12 high definition class industrial cnc plasma will sell in the range of $100k +, while an entry level machine can be bought or built (like the Precision Plasma machine) for under $15k.

Just reminding everyone that there are a few different levels of plasma/cnc machines out in the world. Entry level machines can produce parts with similar tolerances as compared to the industrial machines....but typically at much lower production rates....and are not built with the same type of industrial robustness.

Again, the machines from Precision Plasma are very well designed...but definitely fall into the class of entry level cnc plasma machines.

Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by pens92 View Post
    Any info would be great I'm new to this and don't want to make a 9000 dollar mistake.
    Is this a true industrial table and has anyone already bought this model yet?
    Thanks Don

I ended up buying a table from them. Took 6 weeks from the time I ordered it till the time I picked it up. Should have it up and running this weekend.
    IMO its a well built table and cant wait to see how it preforms.

Got my table from Tensor CNC up and running. Ran into a few problems here and there but Julian and Ron were very helpful and got my issues fix right away. The issue I has was that my rails were not level even tho my water bed was level. So they made some expanders to lift the rail back up and level it off. The only thing that im not to happy with is the Air Scribe. It works for crap. Cant get it to work half the time. But I wasn't expecting much from that air scribe. I plan to change it out to a CP-9361 which is know to have great quality.

(I dont own the logo. Just cutting it out for my brothers birthday gift. Copyrighted my Ford)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkjzVjmdTM0]Patriot 4x8 CNC Plasma Table - CandCNC Electronics - Hypertherm 45 - YouTube[/ame]