585,676 active members*
5,522 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 51 of 90 41495051525361
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1793
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariss Freimanis View Post
    OK, officially it's 1 year. Unofficially; you own it, you sell it, we take care of it forever.

We still have 9 year-old G201 REV0s come back once in a while for evaluation. We no longer have test stands for them because of their old, gray non-pluggable connectors. The technicians have to manually connect the drives instead of plugging them into the automated test stands. PIA but they get tested and if needed, repaired anyway. All for free including return shipping. If a drive can be repaired, we repair it.

If they have been killed really dead, we ask you where you want the body buried. We cannot restore really killed dead drives. If you have never returned a drive before, you qualify for the "one time, stuff happens deal". You get a brand new drive for the one you ran over with a forklift, hooked up 230VAC to or just made a simple human mistake with (reverse power supply polarity is the current popular mistake). One time only though.

That is our policy.

Mariss
    and WHY do you feel bad about 60$ for 1ppu!!?!?!??!?

Question

When will warranty information be availible?

JoeyB

Question

I dont understand, is it lifetime or only if it breaks once?

Is there a going to be a formal warranty or will it be as you see fit depending on what happened to cause it to fail?

JoeyB

Question

I was hoping to get some more information, pros and cons etc...

JoeyB

hey, next time you can press the "edit" button rather then keep posting on top of each other.

just in case your new to for ums

Quote Originally Posted by joeybagadonuts View Post
    When will warranty information be availible?

JoeyB
    It's available now right here on my word. It has been available for nine years running now. The official warranty is spelled out in the very first paragraph in the user's manual for every one of our drives. You can download the manuals from our website.

If you are asking about the G250, it hasn't been considered yet. Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening at once. Give me some.

Mariss

Freebie???

Quote Originally Posted by Mariss Freimanis View Post
    OK, officially it's 1 year. If you have never returned a drive before, you qualify for the "one time, stuff happens deal".
    Mariss
    I sent you a dead one in January. I apparently killed it. I paid full price to get it replaced. And quite frankly I don't know of any reason why I shouldn't have. I blew it.

Regarding your plans for new models: I don't know enough about electronics to have a clue. I'd love to see metal bus boards (or whatever they're called).

Question

IQChallenged are you saying they did not honor the warranty?

Are you are kidding.

JoeyB

To date, I have returned 5 203V's. Two had bad parts and were replaced at no cost. The other three were repaired. These were all within the one year warranty coverage.
    Mariss later found out the cause of me spanking the Gecko's. It was because I had a switch on the DC side of my power supply and I was using near the highest rated voltage. The switch would release a high influx of voltage too quickly. The result hurt a part on the drives.
    I have had absolutely no trouble out of any of my Gecko's since I did away with the DC switch.
    Gecko's warranty is the best I have ever seen and should be considered outstanding. I try to model my own warranty system somewhat on theirs.
    Lee

Nope

IQChallenged are you saying they did not honor the warranty? Are you are kidding. JoeyB
    No. I'm not saying that. My driver was out of warranty. And besides that- I don't know of any warranty that covers abuse. And accidentally bumping some wires together would qualify as abuse even if it was not done on purpose. If these nice folks choose to give away some product in the interest of gaining customer confidence they can certainly do so. In my case they didn't. But they owed me nothing. I'm a first time builder. If I build another unit it'll have Geckos. They're not expensive and what they do is absolutely amazing. Someone else's drivers may do just as well but why should I take a chance?

What makes this different from the Hobby CNC four drive deal for $99.00?

http://www.hobbycnc.com/products/hob...er-board-kits/

JoeyB
    The HobbyCNC's kit is ONLY for Unipolar motors. G250/251 is for Unipolar AND Bipolar motors.
    And, it's a kit. "Kits requires PCB soldering skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Jojje Bergan View Post
    The HobbyCNC's kit is ONLY for Unipolar motors. G250/251 is for Unipolar AND Bipolar motors.
    And, it's a kit. "Kits requires PCB soldering skills."
    And the HobbyCNC doesn't have mid band resonance compensation.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

AND the Hobby cnc is a chopper drive that will only handle 3A and 42Volts, has NONE of the G540 protection circuits, Will NOT morph automatically from micro stepping to full stepping--And it's most damning fault: It's not a Gecko!

Maybe it's only after you try and are disappointed by all of the present cheap starter drives that you will appreciate the value of the Gecko name.

CR.

Some pic of my BOB-light with four G251.

Thank you, Mariss and Marcus.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0267.JPG   IMG_0269.JPG   IMG_0279.JPG  

CoMarcus and Mariss....I am going to change my machine name from CHAMELEON (SEE POST #740) to some beautiful one..
    Regards
    Khalid

Quote Originally Posted by IQChallenged View Post
    No. I'm not saying that. My driver was out of warranty. And besides that- I don't know of any warranty that covers abuse. And accidentally bumping some wires together would qualify as abuse even if it was not done on purpose. If these nice folks choose to give away some product in the interest of gaining customer confidence they can certainly do so. In my case they didn't. But they owed me nothing. I'm a first time builder. If I build another unit it'll have Geckos. They're not expensive and what they do is absolutely amazing. Someone else's drivers may do just as well but why should I take a chance?
    IQChallanged,

The "one time, stuff happens deal" is always open to you whenever you want exercise it. It was designed specifically for accidents and mistakes. You get a new drive, we get a written description of how the drive got to be dead. This info is entered in a database which we use to see what improvements can be made based on these reports.

Mariss

WOW, I say it louder!

I've been gone for the past week (upgraded my AVG anti-V and Firefox programs... encountered a attack while downloading a new browser skin... which led me to find out that the new version of avgFREE doesn't cover all it used to and allowed an email script to load a trojan that got my credit card number) I've been backing stuff up and wiping my computer clean and then re-installing the OS and such....... BUMMER!

ANYWAY! What the heck is going on here... People talking about retirement, tell me it's not so.... Art is gone and now Mariss is talking about it..... Art it all your fault

Just kidding,
    Jack
    Walking is highly over-rated

G540 Availability?

I am a late-cluer on the G540, and I was wondering, when it is slated for release? I don't yet see it on the Geckodrive website, and I got a reply on a thread I started mentioning it was coming out next month (July '08), but from what I've been reading on this thread, it looks as if things are still being worked out for it.

Has a release date been decided for it as yet? Also, I'm willing to put down whatever asking price is decided (I prefer paying for quality, even if it means more), but I've seen lots of back-and forth on the final cost. Has this been set in stone yet?

Thanks-

Quote Originally Posted by Jojje Bergan View Post
    Some pic of my BOB-light with four G251.

Thank you, Mariss and Marcus.
    Where did your BOB come from? I'd like to get one.

-Andrey-

what is a BOB? forgive me if this is stupid but i would love to know.

Page 51 of 90 41495051525361